Ducati service within Toronto?

Thread: Ducati service within Toronto?

Ducati service within Toronto?

Forum Sponsor
    Gonna need my first major service soon on my Scrambler and wondering where I should go.

I called maranello and they didnít even know my sixty2 has 10k intervals (as opposed to 12k on the 800)

I donít get how people in Toronto get serviced out in Whitby or Cambridge. How do you guys get back home until your bikes done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: Ducati service within Toronto?

Maranello is a Ducati as well as a BMW dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by iblastoff View Post
    Gonna need my first major service soon on my Scrambler and wondering where I should go.

I called maranello and they didn’t even know my sixty2 has 10k intervals (as opposed to 12k on the 800)

I don’t get how people in Toronto get serviced out in Whitby or Cambridge. How do you guys get back home until your bikes done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    the service should only take an hour or so, they have coffee and a lounge upstairs, just hang out while it's being done

Had my bike serviced at Maranello recently. They did a good job. Prices were actually reasonable. Depending on the time of year their wait list can be long. I had to book one month in advance.
    2017 Ducati Supersport
    2010 Ninja 650r (sold)
    2009 Ninja 250r (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by 250R-ICE View Post
    Had my bike serviced at Maranello recently. They did a good job. Prices were actually reasonable. Depending on the time of year their wait list can be long. I had to book one month in advance.
    Can't talk about their service but the people in general are pleasant to deal with. Went to x2 BMW demo days and had a great time dealing with them.
    14' GROM - Stretched & slammed beast
    17' FZ09 - Totaled by a left turner
    15' R3 - Sold but missed.
    "Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who i am, my attitude depends on who you are."

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonutt View Post
    the service should only take an hour or so, they have coffee and a lounge upstairs, just hang out while it's being done
    its 10k service so everything + valves. would definitely be longer than an hour!

Quote Originally Posted by 250R-ICE View Post
    i guess i'll give them a shot again. i just don't like having to tell the service dude what the interval maintenance includes. makes me think they must not do it that often.

called gpbikes and their quote was literally half the price of maranello. gonna have to just bite the bullet and spend the day in whitby i guess!

I have being going to Peninsula Oakville for years. Have 86000 kms on a 2012 Diavel. Recalls/ Services done whilst I am waiting. Craig the mechanic is a great guy. Knows his stuff and a really nice guy.
    No complaints from me.

Quote Originally Posted by iblastoff View Post
    called gpbikes and their quote was literally half the price of maranello. gonna have to just bite the bullet and spend the day in whitby i guess!
    If you're going to Whitby, try http://kensmotoworks.com/

Why don't you try George at Corsa Meccanica. He does valve adjustments on my 796 every 12k. Dufferin and steeles. I find maranello overpriced on everything including parts.

I am not sure how much more the prices are for Maranello compared to other Ducati authorized service centers. I found the prices actually comparable to when I had my kawi serviced at a kawi dealership. For me it was important the service was done properly than if it cost me a little more (within reason).

I've had one of my previous bikes serviced by Corsa before. They are ok, they didn't try to charge for anything extra that wasn't required.
    2017 Ducati Supersport
    2010 Ninja 650r (sold)
    2009 Ninja 250r (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor T View Post
    I agree, Ken is great!!

What's so special about a Ducati that AceMoto in Vaughan can't do the job right? Is it due to warranty issues?

I see a bunch of Ducatis there http://www.acemototech.com/moto-gal-1.html, oh and they cover warranties.
    Last edited by ScorpionT16; 10-05-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor T View Post
    Ken's good in my books. He's a former GP Bikes tech. Every time I have been, there's almost nothing but Ducati's.
    Current: '15 Tenere ES - 30k km, '07 FZ1 - 70k km
    Past : '06 FZ6 - 115k km, '06 KTM 625 SMC - 30k km, '06 V-Strom 650 - 80k km