Surprising view shift change for cars | GTAMotorcycle.com

Surprising view shift change for cars

CriticalCore

I upgraded from my Ninja 300 to a new bike about a month ago now, wanted something with more top end for highway riding, less gear shifting, tons of lower end torque.
Traded in for a 2015 Fz07, this thing is insane. The power increase feels massive, the torque at low RPM is ridiculous, having the throttle open just 1/4 leaves cars in the dust on commutes.

Had the throttle opened to 4/5 or 3/4 in second gear from a rolling start and was going well over 110 Kph in less than 3 seconds.
This ridiculous performance has affected how I drive my Corolla, noticed how easy it is to use full throttle as it ain't fast, and have noticed how the huge mass of a car feels fun in tighter turns.

I want to get a sport coupe next, I thought I wouldn't need more power than a 300 before, now I'm pretty deadset I'll never need more than a 700, maybe for tracks once I start those.

Sidenote, I'm not sure why the FZ07 has brakes, the engine breaking is like tying an anvil to the rear but I dig it. The rear tire itself is huge, love that booty.
Still building up some confidence to start trying power wheelies.

power wheelie?

Hope you're kidding about power wheelies. Don't be a statistic.

Yes, low end torque on nakeds is rediculous, but can also get you into trouble real fast. Best be careful

power wheelie = instant death

a power wheelie once killed my uncle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,instantly

power wheelie ?

Are the insurance rates on FZ07/FZ09 going up? Someone mentioned last week that they couldn't get affordably insured on one.

power wheelie = instant death

a power wheelie once killed my uncle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,instantly

... are you absolutely certain it wasn't the sudden stop :|

I upgraded from my Ninja 300 to a new bike about a month ago now, wanted something with more top end for highway riding, less gear shifting, tons of lower end torque.
Traded in for a 2015 Fz07, this thing is insane. The power increase feels massive, the torque at low RPM is ridiculous, having the throttle open just 1/4 leaves cars in the dust on commutes.

Had the throttle opened to 4/5 or 3/4 in second gear from a rolling start and was going well over 110 Kph in less than 3 seconds.
This ridiculous performance has affected how I drive my Corolla, noticed how easy it is to use full throttle as it ain't fast, and have noticed how the huge mass of a car feels fun in tighter turns.

I want to get a sport coupe next, I thought I wouldn't need more power than a 300 before, now I'm pretty deadset I'll never need more than a 700, maybe for tracks once I start those.

Sidenote, I'm not sure why the FZ07 has brakes, the engine breaking is like tying an anvil to the rear but I dig it. The rear tire itself is huge, love that booty.

FZ's are the bomb.

Don't do them in 1st gear.

I scared the **** out of myself on the Yamaha demo ride on the fz09 in the A mode or whatever it is, give it some throttle and it just wants to flip. Easiest bike to whisky throttle ever.

I scared the **** out of myself on the Yamaha demo ride on the fz09 in the A mode or whatever it is, give it some throttle and it just wants to flip. Easiest bike to whisky throttle ever.
That's why i drink scotch. Usually a lot smoother.

John (& OP) hate to break this to you but they All have about the same wheelbase,
hence the ability to do wheelies on demand and somewhere between 20 and 200 horsepower which is plenty enough to do endless catwalks

The importance to Have -> throttle control <-> clutch control <-> brake control <-> balance in all dimensions <- is directly proportionate to the horsepower no matter how you ride them.
If front to rear balance on a street bike scares you, it's time for you to get some dirt bike peg time.

Back
Top Bottom