Anyone ever done serious mileage on a ducati monster? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone ever done serious mileage on a ducati monster?

Still willing to answer questions about the model if you have any. Bike is a lot of fun, runs out of push around 180km/h as it’s not designed to be a high-speed rocket but a torque filled powerful roadster. Great bike to play around on twisty back roads. Not a lot of fun in city traffic as it’s air-cooled. I’ve ridden it in the canyons of Pennsylvania and the Muskoka back roads for days on end and the position allows for fun and comfort at the same time.

Last edited:
If this does come to be what tires did you or do you run on it? His offer included new tires but I would say I like "x" tire for the bike. As of right now new monsters come with perilli rosso III tires...

Bridgestone S21's get my vote for sticky street rubber, not overly aggressive and won't break the bank. They are also triple compound so they will wear less down the middle but soft on the sides.

I was looking at Monster 1100 evo's two years ago and that bike was for sale. The asking price was the same and it was over priced at the time so I never went to go see it. Your MV could potentially take a while to sell as well so the price might not matter as much to you.

A couple other things to mention. I wouldn't be too interested in doing any kind of touring on a Monster. I'd also want to change the belts immediately on that bike due to age. They might be fine but for the peace of mind it's something I would do.

Yeah my MV might be over priced and or hard to sell so the duc being over priced really doesn't play that big of a part. To me the only thing I need to do I have the value met as in I'm at 12.5 and he is at 11.5 so 1k should always be the diff and that can be made up with tires windscreen tidy tail slip on or what not. Maybe even maintenance and or replacement parts and service could be a thing.

We will see, thx guys.

I tour lot of on all the monsters I have had and my last 3 bikes have always been naked. Most recent being a solo trip to Halifax and back.

Wind isn't must of an issue unless you are riding right into it or I overly high speeds.
I travel with a large backpack and a tankbag ... I've been lucky with my backpack as it's kinda wedges between my seat and butt to make a nicely backrest without any pressure on my shoulders.
The bike is super comfortable for me so basically after 8 or 9 hours of riding from one city to another, I still go riding at night to discover the area without my luggage.
My goto tires are now Metzeler Z8, great one in one tire.

The only real issues, I've had people really wanna race you on the highway when I ride past them.

The guy messaged me saying he had a buyer so no trade. If true good for him...

My bike will still be for sale of trade. I'm sure at some point I'll find the right person but until then I'll just keep riding it like I was...

Back
Top Bottom