Front-Led Flushmount Turn Signals | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Front-Led Flushmount Turn Signals

... and when you're done persecuting this guy make sure you remind him that he has been " Served and protected".

You can look at the HTA, as a traffic police officer you should be fairly conversant on the HTA, not just the little cheater Coles notes card, you will find there is no charge not having turn signals.
Actually the HTA dictates a white light facing forward, and a (one) red light facing rearward. That's it. No turn signals, brake lights or reflectors.

The best you could do is what we used to call a "Falstaff", a vehicle inspection by the MTO (we called it a Falstaff because that's where the inspection station was. I am old) where the operator is compelled to appear for an vehicle inspection by the ministry... that does not include turn signals. Ask me how I know.

You're talking about enforcing MTO regulations, which is not the purview of the constabulary.... but as you have noted you're gonna keep trying. Aren't ya?

If you're doing something incredibly stupid, then by serving you, they're protecting others.

You don't want blinding lights on your bike. No matter how bad your night vision is. It's hard enough to judge the distance and speed of a motorcycle. If you blind the person attempting it, they can't judge at all.

No, I freely admit I am NOT familiar with EVERY section of the HTA nor the Criminal Code of Canada, nor Provincial statutes, such as Liquor Licence Act, Tresspass to Property Act, Off Road Act, Snow Machines Act, nor the THOUSANDS of other regulations, that an officer CAN enforceBut I don't have to be as I NO longer work as an officer, (well documented in this forum).

Bully on YOU as I am sure your FULLY aware of WHMIS, Working at Heights, Work place Safety Act, and the multitude of other regulations which apply to virtually every worker in Ontario!!! I have NEVER claimed to know it all, apparently unlike you I am willing to admit I am NOT perfect.

There IS a reason the courts exist. An officer lays an appropriate charge and the JP gets to decide, based upon the circumstances, (evidence), if the charge is warranted. It is NOT persecuting it is called prosecuting which is what an officer is employed to do. But obviously, you have a biased, which I neither have the time nor inclination to deal with, so off you go.

... and when you're done persecuting this guy make sure you remind him that he has been " Served and protected".

You can look at the HTA, as a traffic police officer you should be fairly conversant on the HTA, not just the little cheater Coles notes card, you will find there is no charge not having turn signals.
Actually the HTA dictates a white light facing forward, and a (one) red light facing rearward. That's it. No turn signals, brake lights or reflectors.

The best you could do is what we used to call a "Falstaff", a vehicle inspection by the MTO (we called it a Falstaff because that's where the inspection station was. I am old) where the operator is compelled to appear for an vehicle inspection by the ministry... that does not include turn signals. Ask me how I know.

You're talking about enforcing MTO regulations, which is not the purview of the constabulary.... but as you have noted you're gonna keep trying. Aren't ya?

Don't bother wasting your time replying to an obviously, highly biased and ENTITLED, individual, (to hell with the rest of the road users), HIS desire to do whatever he pleases, (Illegal or not), trumps all....lol

If you're doing something incredibly stupid, then by serving you, they're protecting others.

You don't want blinding lights on your bike. No matter how bad your night vision is. It's hard enough to judge the distance and speed of a motorcycle. If you blind the person attempting it, they can't judge at all.

Well given it is an R3, then it should be obvious that the vehicle was shipped by the manufacturer in FULL compliance of the regs, (turns signals installed, so as to fully comply with the requirements). The OP CLEARLY stated, what bike he has, (which is not a bike built in the 60's or 70's)...

HTA no signal lights are required on the vehicle.

MTO Safety Inspection if the vehicle was manufactured with signal lights then to pass a safety it must have signal lights installed and working.

No, I freely admit I am NOT familiar with EVERY section of the HTA nor the Criminal Code of Canada, nor Provincial statutes, such as Liquor Licence Act, Tresspass to Property Act, Off Road Act, Snow Machines Act, nor the THOUSANDS of other regulations, that an officer CAN enforceBut I don't have to be as I NO longer work as an officer, (well documented in this forum).

Bully on YOU as I am sure your FULLY aware of WHMIS, Working at Heights, Work place Safety Act, and the multitude of other regulations which apply to virtually every worker in Ontario!!! I have NEVER claimed to know it all, apparently unlike you I am willing to admit I am NOT perfect.

There IS a reason the courts exist. An officer lays an appropriate charge and the JP gets to decide, based upon the circumstances, (evidence), if the charge is warranted. It is NOT persecuting it is called prosecuting which is what an officer is employed to do. But obviously, you have a biased, which I neither have the time nor inclination to deal with, so off you go.

Hi Hedo,
just a side note here, I've been reading your posts for several years here, and you often make very valid and informative posts. To have help your posts be more readable can you check your spell check possibly? You seem to always have "You're" and "Your" mixed up. Hate being the "grammar police", and I'm sure someone will flame me, ha! but I guarantee just about all your posts have this typo and after reading a very well written post often I'm smirking as I'm thinking "this retired guy with all his policing, and education, really should have better grammar". There, I finally got around to telling you about this.
cheers.
Ok, back to the thread..

He's from New Brunswick,
probably bilingual

... is way safer to use slang aboot thez perts anyhow eh

Aaaah! I just caught a TIC crawlin up the back of my hand ! :violent3:

Last edited:
Noted.

Hi Hedo,
just a side note here, I've been reading your posts for several years here, and you often make very valid and informative posts. To have help your posts be more readable can you check your spell check possibly? You seem to always have "You're" and "Your" mixed up. Hate being the "grammar police", and I'm sure someone will flame me, ha! but I guarantee just about all your posts have this typo and after reading a very well written post often I'm smirking as I'm thinking "this retired guy with all his policing, and education, really should have better grammar". There, I finally got around to telling you about this.
cheers.
Ok, back to the thread..

Back
Top Bottom