Front-Led Flushmount Turn Signals | GTAMotorcycle.com

Front-Led Flushmount Turn Signals

You're already invisible on the road. If I can barely see it in a picture where they're trying to accentuate it, I sure won't be able to see it on the road. I love my turn signals in my mirrors.

I did it to my R3, it's legal and does clean up the look.

As above poster said, it's going to cut down on peoples ability to see you.

I recommend going with the Halo version, so you get a nice bright running light.

Turn signals serve a function. In order to serve that function, they need to be bright enough, and big enough, and visible from a range of angles around the bike, and far enough away from other light sources. That's why the stock signals are the way they are.

That's not to say the stock signals are the only way to achieve that function ... but itty bitty tiny replacements that are so close to the fairing that they almost can't be seen from straight in front of the bike, don't serve that function.

Does the government really need to make everything that is a bad idea illegal before people will use what should be common sense ? I sure don't want that.

What they said! You are a new rider and already looking to make yourself less visible in traffic. Bad plan if you value longevity. While some modifications are not specifically illegal the factory was striving to meet DOT requirements when they designed the lights and their position.

... legally you can probably remove turn signals completely and always use hand signals. <- also a really bad idea, you'd be amazed how many drivers don't even know the legal hand signals, plus :/ you can't hand signal and have your hands on the controls at the same time, is physically impossible.

These look awesome... https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Evolution-safety-turn-signal-inserts_p_204.html

Very pricey though but you might be able to notice that they are definitely not flushmount as they are designed for maximum visibility. They convert your turn signals into driving lights when not used for turning. Intense yellow LEDs function as normal for turn signal indication.

Edit: rears function as extra brake light indication in addition to turn signals too.

There are plenty of good LED turn signals that look much sleeker than the stock, plastic, bulbous ones that ARE NOT flush. Look at Lightech. Don't forget the flasher relay and 3-wire conversion to make sure they stay on all the time.

These look awesome... https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Evolution-safety-turn-signal-inserts_p_204.html

Very pricey though but you might be able to notice that they are definitely not flushmount as they are designed for maximum visibility. They convert your turn signals into driving lights when not used for turning. Intense yellow LEDs function as normal for turn signal indication.

Edit: rears function as extra brake light indication in addition to turn signals too.

For some reason, they only list european bike brands.

The R3 already has three-wire front signals which act as amber running lamps. Keep that functionality.

For some reason, they only list european bike brands.

The R3 already has three-wire front signals which act as amber running lamps. Keep that functionality.

They are brand new. The company is in the process of adding more bikes to the compatibility list. Last I read they were starting to add Japanese bikes.

OP Just because a manufacturer produces and retailers sell an item, doesn't mean it is legal. A couple of simple examples are, licence plate covers for cars, (which for a time were even sold by Service Ontario), and two occupant ATV's, (which just recently became legal here in Ontario).

For light s to be LEGAL, they MUST comply to the regulations set out for turn signals, (this includes, sizing, placement, and viewable angles). I would respectfully advise that if I were to be on patrol, I would lay the charge and let the court make the determination.

Now, "can" you install them and ride unmolested by LEO, likely yes. BUT, that should not be the only determining factor, you should also consider as others have stated YOUR safety. As new rider, you need to be aware that virtually every other vehicle on the road is intent on causing you significant and long lasting injury. Given the lights your proposing your simply making that a MUCH higher probability.

OP Just because a manufacturer produces and retailers sell an item, doesn't mean it is legal. A couple of simple examples are, licence plate covers for cars, (which for a time were even sold by Service Ontario), and two occupant ATV's, (which just recently became legal here in Ontario).

For light s to be LEGAL, they MUST comply to the regulations set out for turn signals, (this includes, sizing, placement, and viewable angles). I would respectfully advise that if I were to be on patrol, I would lay the charge and let the court make the determination.

Now, "can" you install them and ride unmolested by LEO, likely yes. BUT, that should not be the only determining factor, you should also consider as others have stated YOUR safety. As new rider, you need to be aware that virtually every other vehicle on the road is intent on causing you significant and long lasting injury. Given the lights your proposing your simply making that a MUCH higher probability.

What "Charge" would you be laying here?
There is no requirement in the HTA for turn signals lights.

What "Charge" would you be laying here?
There is no requirement in the HTA for turn signals lights.

That the vehicle does not conform to the lighting requirements. I would have to search the HTA for the section, but it would be along the lines of improper lights. Had the OP simply chosen to remove the turn signals and not install non conforming ones then that is a different story. Then an officer "may" choose to follow him for a while to ensure he was using proper hand signals. If not then the charge would be fail to signal

There are plenty of good LED turn signals that look much sleeker than the stock, plastic, bulbous ones that ARE NOT flush. Look at Lightech. Don't forget the flasher relay and 3-wire conversion to make sure they stay on all the time.

These are actually super nice and seems like its just as visible as the stock ones. Most likely will look into these. Thank you guys for the input.

That the vehicle does not conform to the lighting requirements. I would have to search the HTA for the section, but it would be along the lines of improper lights. Had the OP simply chosen to remove the turn signals and not install non conforming ones then that is a different story. Then an officer "may" choose to follow him for a while to ensure he was using proper hand signals. If not then the charge would be fail to signal

... and when you're done persecuting this guy make sure you remind him that he has been " Served and protected".

You can look at the HTA, as a traffic police officer you should be fairly conversant on the HTA, not just the little cheater Coles notes card, you will find there is no charge not having turn signals.
Actually the HTA dictates a white light facing forward, and a (one) red light facing rearward. That's it. No turn signals, brake lights or reflectors.

The best you could do is what we used to call a "Falstaff", a vehicle inspection by the MTO (we called it a Falstaff because that's where the inspection station was. I am old) where the operator is compelled to appear for an vehicle inspection by the ministry... that does not include turn signals. Ask me how I know.

You're talking about enforcing MTO regulations, which is not the purview of the constabulary.... but as you have noted you're gonna keep trying. Aren't ya?

HTA no signal lights are required on the vehicle.

MTO Safety Inspection if the vehicle was manufactured with signal lights then to pass a safety it must have signal lights installed and working.

Back
Top Bottom