Iron 883 one of the most beautiful and also maligned motorcycle | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Iron 883 one of the most beautiful and also maligned motorcycle

I thought motorcycles were meant as a form of therapy. I like all bikes, but unfortunately can only afford one. As far as the 883 goes I will probably never own one, I was just admiring its style, beautiful looking bike plain and simple no chrome or gadgets and most importantly original.
The 883 is a reasonable bike in it's class -- mid weight cruisers. Of all the bikes in this class, I think the HD's win hands down in the style category -- no Japanese mid weight bike come close IMHO.

The reason this bike lacks 'respect' is largely at the behest of HD owners riding the Sportster's sisters. The 883, (and all other Sportsters) are considered beginner to wannabees by the traditional HD crowd - unless it's ridden by a 'Property of' or new-to-lifestyle Harley chick.

It's always perplexed me as to why HD owners classify the 883 as a beginner bike. All HDs are designed with novice riders in mind, always have been, Sportsters are just the smallest version in the HD lineup.

The 883 is a reasonable bike in it's class -- mid weight cruisers. Of all the bikes in this class, I think the HD's win hands down in the style category -- no Japanese mid weight bike come close IMHO..
what's the 'style category' criteria,
has to say Harley-Davidson on the fuel tank?

This thread has reignited my search for an 883....dammit and I was sure I wanted something else!

This thread has reignited my search for an 883....dammit and I was sure I wanted something else!
Hey, If I wanted a style bike for cruising back and forth on main street, or from Tim's to Tim's -- this would be it. I'd have a hoot jousting with the legions of Road King riders who have never felt 30 degrees of lean.

Hey, If I wanted a style bike for cruising back and forth on main street, or from Tim's to Tim's -- this would be it. I'd have a hoot jousting with the legions of Road King riders who have never felt 30 degrees of lean.

Road King has low 30's lean angle, you won't see 30 degrees of lean on an Iron. 27-ish maybe unless you go to longer rear shocks.

The Harley chaps I ride with all came from sportbikes, we've surprised quite a few sportbike guys, especially the WFO on the straights, bicycle-turns in the corners clowns.

Road King has low 30's lean angle, you won't see 30 degrees of lean on an Iron. 27-ish maybe unless you go to longer rear shocks.

The Harley chaps I ride with all came from sportbikes, we've surprised quite a few sportbike guys, especially the WFO on the straights, bicycle-turns in the corners clowns.
I don't think you're going to impress many experienced sport bike with a RoadKing. Perhaps you surprised a few novices -- they are as frequently found on sport bikes as they are on Harleys.

HDs are designed to be easy to ride, not to be fire breathing street or track monsters. This is central to HD strategy, they discovered this 80 years go when challenged to make bikes for WWII - easy to ride as most soldiers had never touched a motorcycle. They kept that design approach, it serves them well as a large percentage of their customers are still novice riders.

we have an 883 in our pre owned inventory, it is top heavy, it is essentialy a starter bike for cruisers if you want the HD name. the indian scout sixty is its competitor and the low center of gravity of the scout makes it so nimble compared to the 883. keep some jerry cans with you full of gas if you want to go anywhere on the 883 that tank is tiny.

we have an 883 in our pre owned inventory, it is top heavy, it is essentialy a starter bike for cruisers if you want the HD name. the indian scout sixty is its competitor and the low center of gravity of the scout makes it so nimble compared to the 883. keep some jerry cans with you full of gas if you want to go anywhere on the 883 that tank is tiny.

Or eBay purchase of a larger tank to swap out. FI bikes are a snap to change a 2.1 peanut to 4.5 gallon walnut tank as not all 883s are equipped with the same tank size.

The Harley chaps I ride with all came from sportbikes,..

Obligatory "I see what you did there!"

My two cylinders: some version or another of the Sportster has been sold for 50 years. I find it hard to believe that qualifies as maligned.

I dont like cruiser bikes but lately with my back problems I am opening my eyes to them. I rode my mv f4 literally for 30min and the rest of the day my back was jacked. Today I am dying and not sure if I'll go to work tomorrow...

I was bored and looked at my local Harley and really like this bike lol...

https://www.thunderroadharley.com/d...=6030517&p=1&s=Year&d=D&fr=xpreownedinventory

Honestly muscle cruiser may be my next bike as well. Feel like i'm mostly over the sport bike thing..that being said Diavel is still on the short list.

I'm still thinking about the mt-10 but really there is something about this bike. I like the front end and the matching hard bags.

I'm still thinking about the mt-10 but really there is something about this bike. I like the front end and the matching hard bags.

Test ride one before you bite, it's going to be quite the switch!

11K for an 883? CP
"More than $5,000 in upgrades! This is a show bike, not the standard" ...

Jokes aside, I don't know what these should go for. I just saw the ad on Kijiji, and bike looked absolutely fantastic in the pics, so posted here. Without this thread, I wouldn't even have noticed it.

Back
Top Bottom