Iron 883 one of the most beautiful and also maligned motorcycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Iron 883 one of the most beautiful and also maligned motorcycle

Moff

I always find myself staring at this bike, it's style is unmatched in its simplicity and stunning look. But of course when you listen to opinions of the motorcycle community they go from loving it to saying it's underpowered and performance is lacking. Customization makes it also very desirable for many.

okay

I always find myself staring at this bike, it's style is unmatched in its simplicity and stunning look. But of course when you listen to opinions of the motorcycle community they go from loving it to saying it's underpowered and performance is lacking. Customization makes it also very desirable for many.

Moff, you have to understand the crowd here. Most of them ride SS bikes. They can't for the life of them understand why anyone would ride anything but a 160mph sport bike - even if they rarely go past 70mph. Fancy Joe Rocket outfits, track boots etc. -it's just the way, and there's no other. Anyone else is insane. Those blasted Harley Davidsons represent the antithesis of their philosophy: Low RPM, all torque and low horsepower, pegs that scrape in the corners, loud and obnoxious, and generally ridden by sketchy old dudes with tatoos. More recently by hipsters with funny long beards, thick rimmed glasses and '70s designer-retro clothes.

Saying you like the Iron 883 here? Well, that's just a sign that you need a therapist.

What do you want to do with this bike? If you want to take short day trips then you'll probably enjoy it. Based on what I've seen and heard from a few people these types of bikes can be pretty uncomfortable to agony on longer trips of say 400 - 500 km a day.

I thought motorcycles were meant as a form of therapy. I like all bikes, but unfortunately can only afford one. As far as the 883 goes I will probably never own one, I was just admiring its style, beautiful looking bike plain and simple no chrome or gadgets and most importantly original.

If I were to buy a Harley it would probably be one of these. I would put the 1200 kit on it. I like the blacked out look and I’d have a set of spoked wheels on it. Nothing else in Harley’s line up appeals to me

Good for you.If we all had to be practical,we would all be on SV650's....uggghh.

If I were to buy a Harley it would probably be one of these. I would put the 1200 kit on it. I like the blacked out look and I’d have a set of spoked wheels on it. Nothing else in Harley’s line up appeals to me
It's available stock as a 1200 now. Personally I'm a much bigger fan of the Breakout. Still has the great styling, and it's nice and low which I like, but the torque will rip your arms off ;)

HD Iron is a great bike with unlimited style possibilities. It's a blank canvas that you apply your own identity to. Bobber, cafe, whatever you want.

I did 10 hour days on my 1200 Sportster but it took some accessories to do it. Seat, windshield and good handlebar/peg geometry setup.

Is that the one that looks like the front wheel is shaking forward and backward about an inch when they are idling at an intersection?

To each their own. I like something a little more colourful, but never an SV650 - it's too impractical.

I had one briefly. Of course it's heavy and underpowered but I still had fun on it. I have had high performance machines as well but the beauty of motorcycles is that there are so many different ways to enjoy them. I feel sorry for the people who stick to one type of ride and speak negatively about anything else. World would be a very boring place if we all liked the same things. I had a smile on my face every time I swung a leg over it. All of the bikes i've had have been fun in their own way.

I thought motorcycles were meant as a form of therapy.

for many, yes, but people buy different bikes for different reasons

I like all bikes, but unfortunately can only afford one. As far as the 883 goes I will probably never own one, I was just admiring its style, beautiful looking bike plain and simple no chrome or gadgets and most importantly original.

it is a great looking bike

http://[img]https://i.imgur.com/u6XNtms.jpg[/img]

would make a fantastic around town or shirt trip ride
but it's still a sportster : rough ride, no brakes

if I were at the place in life to have a half dozen bikes
this would certainly have a place in my stable

and as for HD
would pay the premium any day for this bike over a disposable Jap cruiser

I had one briefly. Of course it's heavy and underpowered but I still had fun on it. I have had high performance machines as well but the beauty of motorcycles is that there are so many different ways to enjoy them. I feel sorry for the people who stick to one type of ride and speak negatively about anything else. World would be a very boring place if we all liked the same things. I had a smile on my face every time I swung a leg over it. All of the bikes i've had have been fun in their own way.

Variety is a good thing, like you said it would be boring if everyone liked the same sht. It's like Apple vs Samsung vs w/e other brand phone.
The great thing with bikes unlike cars is basically anything on 2 wheels can be fun, it's why grom's are so popular.
Heard the 1200 Iron with vance n hines pipes and it sounds sick... Seems like a nice bike to just cruise around n enjoy the sound.

Variety is a good thing, like you said it would be boring if everyone liked the same sht. It's like Apple vs Samsung vs w/e other brand phone.
The great thing with bikes unlike cars is basically anything on 2 wheels can be fun, it's why grom's are so popular.
Heard the 1200 Iron with vance n hines pipes and it sounds sick... Seems like a nice bike to just cruise around n enjoy the sound.

Damn, he's onto us! :)

Dammm some HD love around here... nice! :cool:
I think they make great looking bikes.

Totally agree with this! I had a Honda 90 step through with full knobby tires and had tremendous fun trying to beat it to death, it was underpowered, only had 3 speeds and looked like a sissy bike but my friends on their way bigger enduro bikes simply could not stay with it, on our tight little sand pit MX track. :D

Back
Top Bottom