Winter Projects for the 2019 Race Season | GTAMotorcycle.com

Winter Projects for the 2019 Race Season

bakaboy

Old, Slow and Grumpy
Site Supporter
We can watch the thread on the R3 race bike build onfold.

Any other interesting bike/rider combinations planned for the winter for the 2019 season?

We will be rebuilding several zx6 bikes over the winter due to 2018 mishaps.

And maybe a new toy....

Going to take a stab at rebuilding the KLR shock. Parts are readily available, which means the only loose nut will be the one turning the wrenches.

I still have a lot to go on my zx6r. Just depends on what the wife approves. :D

And there is also the realm of personal development.

The best thing about not racing for a season, no winter maintenance. The worst part about not racing for a season, not doing the winter maintenecae the winter before so now you have to do it this winter. Hopefully it’s not so cold.

Slowly shopping online for parts and creating a build need/wants list to convert my daytona from street to full track.

Also may sell the R6 track bike...

Slowly shopping online for parts and creating a build need/wants list to convert my daytona from street to full track.

Also may sell the R6 track bike...

Needs = all of it

Budget = see above

I have an R3 to fix and discussions are underway for a second lightweight bike, seeing as how Aaron doesn't like the fact that I crashed his multiple times and he barely got to ride it.

The R6s need some love this winter as well. I guess I better insulate the garage so we can work during the winter.

just an Arrow baffle that arrived yesturday :) ... to get to Calabogie for the first time ever. yeah.. I know, but better late than never

CBR500R on the bench. Ordered a bunch of parts, now playing waiting game. We think this will be a good bike for the national AM Lightweight series

Like & subscribed. This is an interesting choice of bike. Are the rules for 2019 the same as 2018 - for the national lwt bikes?

From everyone that I have spoken to, tires will be the same q3+ and no rules change. But you never know, I guees we will find out in April :-D

From everyone that I have spoken to, tires will be the same q3+ and no rules change. But you never know, I guees we will find out in April :-D

EDIT
went to take a look at the lwt national rules. I think you guys with cbr500's deserve another 1-2hp on your limit; on top of the 3 they already give you, given the 50 lbs difference.
maybe if you contacted csbk and made a friendly request to consider this...
are you going in the engine to blueprint/build?
looking forward to watching the lwt guys battles next season
best luck.

Last edited:
EDIT
went to take a look at the lwt national rules. I think you guys with cbr500's deserve another 1-2hp on your limit; on top of the 3 they already give you, given the 50 lbs difference.
maybe if you contacted csbk and made a friendly request to consider this...
are you going in the engine to blueprint/build?
looking forward to watching the lwt guys battles next season
best luck.
Tbh, I would rather them let us shave some weight. It might be a bit cheaper than engine work

But thanks, come by our pit and say hi

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

not much in the way of projects, finish safety wiring the BMW and regular winter maintenance on both bikes, thankfully have a warm shop to work in for the first time in my life

Tbh, I would rather them let us shave some weight. It might be a bit cheaper than engine work

But thanks, come by our pit and say hi

yes, hear ya, racing is never inexpensive. a weight red'n sounds like a reasonable request too (wink). when you mentioned "cbr on the bench" my gearhead started thinking motor lol. bet a thinner aftermarket head gasket w a pipe and tune will get you to close to the limit ! dang gearheading again. Im sure you've got enough on your plate already - and maybe 3 months. nice to be thinking of spring.

ty for the invite, do you know what your race number will be for 2019?

yes, hear ya, racing is never inexpensive. a weight red'n sounds like a reasonable request too (wink). when you mentioned "cbr on the bench" my gearhead started thinking motor lol. bet a thinner aftermarket head gasket w a pipe and tune will get you to close to the limit ! dang gearheading again. Im sure you've got enough on your plate already - and maybe 3 months. nice to be thinking of spring.

ty for the invite, do you know what your race number will be for 2019?
It's going to be for my stepson Matt Simpson.. am901

He raced both last season. I think we will concentrate on the nationals this year.

Suspension is ready to be picked up, vortex stuff should be here in a few days. Should keep me busy for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom