Winter Tires ... where do you get them? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Winter Tires ... where do you get them?

What are some good places in the west end to have tires bought online installed? I want good balancing. I picked up my generals at the Colorado tire rack warehouse and installed them at "Discount Tire". Smoothest ride I had on the car. Costco has been terrible.

I have been using Kipling Tire. Prices always seem to be good (they are VERY high volume) so you may have a bit of a wait. The last set of tires I bought there (BFGs) ended up being cheaper than buying them at Tirerack in the US and having them mounted in Buffalo. I know a few others that use them as well, so far everyone seems to be happy. Give them a call.

Interesting. The Hakka's won. I've heard lots of good things about them but normally run X-ice. I've run goodyears and bridgestones before too (the bridgestones had a significant associated fuel penalty). The most fun I had was good snows on the front and canadian tire snows on the rear. Just thinking about drifting would send the rear out.

I'll price hakkas and X-ice for my wifes tires this year. Hopefully my old snows fit and I can get another couple years out of my X-ice.

Finnish tires win a comparison conducted by a Finnish magazine? That's just as funny as all the Brit mags perpetually picking Triumph as a bike of the year.

With that said Nokian actually does make good winter tires, albeit they tend to be extremely pricey. I usually stick with Michelin X-ice series but got a good deal on almost new WS80s on Kijiji - they do well aside from very heavy snow. They seem to wear out slower than WS70s.

well if yesterday wasn't enough for the 'I dont need 'em crowd' this morning should do it.

I pushed half a dozen through intersections once the other minivans with baldini all seasons polished the lanes like a bowling alley.

You dont have to buy snows, just stay home till May. Thanks in advance.

well if yesterday wasn't enough for the 'I dont need 'em crowd' this morning should do it.

I pushed half a dozen through intersections once the other minivans with baldini all seasons polished the lanes like a bowling alley.

lol i died

Funny enough this is the 1st winter in like 6 years I have put winter tires on. Meh for the most part getting around GTA isn't a problem with snow removal and traffic pounding the snow away to run with all seasons. Except on rare snow dumps like we just got. But ya staying off the road is better for days like that.

Speaking of all seasons part of the reason I put the winters on, was because they were worn. I've been pricing out Michelins Primacy from some of the places listed here and everyone has similar pricing, which I found odd. Seems the price might be controlled by Michelin, even the dealer price is decent. I will end up just buying it from them.

Laughed at all those stuck on the dip last night as I drove by them then they flash their lights cause I passed em 10 feet away.

I just go around them. I stopped helping years ago, get winter tires and you won't need a push. Told the neighbour across the street 3 winters ago to get them after seeing her struggle up her driveway ( I helped shovel and push) Yesterday I just watched.

I just go around them. I stopped helping years ago, get winter tires and you won't need a push.

Saw someone stuck where the snow plows banked all the snow on a T intersection. The snow was almost up to her door handles lol.

Saw someone stuck where the snow plows banked all the snow on a T intersection. The snow was almost up to her door handles lol.

Not much you can do there. I had my plastic bellypan ripped off my Audi when my wife took a run at the plow bank at her work.

Sooner they make it a requirement to have winter tires the better.

Sick of these tards that think they can drive ok with all season.

Guess what, the all season crowd are the reason the commutes are a **** show.

Why go walking in dress shoes when you can wear hiking boots.

Lady at a street I needed to turn down mounted the snow plow berm and sat with the front wheels probably 3" clear of the pavement. That's unfortunate but just dumb. She couldn't open the doors to get out.

I have a 4wd F150 and a tug strap, I walked over with my plastic shovel to see if she wanted some help but she kept giving me the 'just a second finger wave' while she texted somebody. I left her there, who ever she texted can come save her. Silly twat.

My lifted Jeep running M/T tires is a beast in the snow the past few days.
...They suck on ice though.

Saw 3 different people stuck this morning on the unplowed side streets in my area where the snow was up to almost a foot and a half deep.

Got out the recovery straps and shackles and pulled them out after I drove through the 3' tall pile at the end of my driveway that the city plow left me.

For most drivers on most days in Toronto proper snow tires are an unnecessary expense. If they were to make snow tires mandatory, I would much rather have the province/city declare snow days. Instead of the QC October to March plan, the authority would announce a snow day and if you didn't have snow tires, too bad for you, the car isn't allowed to move. Some people might buy snow tires, many would probably not bother driving on those days. This is even better than everybody having snow tires as it reduces traffic volumes when then roads are terrible.

Not exactly, winter tires do help a lot. But lets face it it will be the same idiots with winter tires still driving badly. Just like they do the rest of the season, winter/summer doesn't matter.

Example, I just came back from the strip plaza, I was making a right out onto the main road. There was driver making a right into the entrance. He was 8 ft out from the curb basically between 2 lanes (of a 3 lane road)....??? So a little snow on the ground and you forget there are lanes etc...car was equipped with winter tires. There is no help for dumb dumbs...

Not exactly, winter tires do help a lot. But lets face it it will be the same idiots with winter tires still driving badly. Just like they do the rest of the season, winter/summer doesn't matter.

Example, I just came back from the strip plaza, I was making a right out onto the main road. There was driver making a right into the entrance. He was 8 ft out from the curb basically between 2 lanes (of a 3 lane road)....??? So a little snow on the ground and you forget there are lanes etc...car was equipped with winter tires. There is no help for dumb dumbs...

I would say anything anyone can do to minimize their risk to themselves and others should be done. Is $400 every what 4 years not worth the investment to avoid a potential accident? Can you trust people to really park their car otherwise? I say no.

I would say anything anyone can do to minimize their risk to themselves and others should be done. Is $400 every what 4 years not worth the investment to avoid a potential accident? Can you trust people to really park their car otherwise? I say no.

$400?? I need to buy snow tires where you are buying them. I'm normally at $700 or up for tires, more if I need new rims as well.

Depends on size, brand. My 15" Blizzaks were $100 ea at Costco. The 17 inchers were $180 ea plus taxes installation etc.

I'm sure I could get offshore SnowTigers or whatever for less but I wouln't put them on any car I owned.

For most drivers on most days in Toronto proper snow tires are an unnecessary expense. If they were to make snow tires mandatory, I would much rather have the province/city declare snow days. Instead of the QC October to March plan, the authority would announce a snow day and if you didn't have snow tires, too bad for you, the car isn't allowed to move. Some people might buy snow tires, many would probably not bother driving on those days. This is even better than everybody having snow tires as it reduces traffic volumes when then roads are terrible.

Winter tires are for winter, lots of people still have this old mindset that you only needed proper tires when it snows.

Insurance companies are catching on. Most offer discounted rates when your vehicle has winter tires.

$400?? I need to buy snow tires where you are buying them. I'm normally at $700 or up for tires, more if I need new rims as well.

Was a type-o really, meant to say $500.

Last edited:
Depends on size, brand. My 15" Blizzaks were $100 ea at Costco. The 17 inchers were $180 ea plus taxes installation etc.

I'm sure I could get offshore SnowTigers or whatever for less but I wouln't put them on any car I owned.

True, so i sized the first link i saw to a 2013 honda civic. I imagine that fits the profile of the average commuter.

Back
Top Bottom