Judge rules Nfld man was right to shoot intruder | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Judge rules Nfld man was right to shoot intruder

I was assaulted when I was in my teens. ********* decided it was cool to teach a girl her place....

Seriously if I had a gun that guy would have been dead. No doubt about it. I probably would have hunted him down and either killed him or hurt severely by any means possible. I was very angry for at least 2 years after and I'm still mad. More at myself for getting into a vulnerable position. Luckily the ****tard skipped the province. Last I heard (which was this summer) be was still out west.

Better stay there. I'm with the others, I'd rather be looking at if rather than for it. Right or wrong it's what I feel.

My husband has guns, and that's the right thing in our lives.

I was assaulted when I was in my teens. ********* decided it was cool to teach a girl her place....

Seriously if I had a gun that guy would have been dead. No doubt about it. I probably would have hunted him down and either killed him or hurt severely by any means possible. I was very angry for at least 2 years after and I'm still mad. More at myself for getting into a vulnerable position. Luckily the ****tard skipped the province. Last I heard (which was this summer) be was still out west.

Better stay there. I'm with the others, I'd rather be looking at if rather than for it. Right or wrong it's what I feel.

My husband has guns, and that's the right thing in our lives.

A person can't be un-assaulted. Sex crimes aren't like stealing someone's motorcycle. Factual evidence, ownership papers, etc vs he said she said. With the bike a bit of police work and insurance and it's pretty well fixed. Not so easy with the emotions of an assault.

Since most assailants are men and most victims are women the problem is not properly understood in a male dominated legal system.

The legal system is very often as hard on the victim as the assault.

I know a lady that went through it and sometimes think she and the world would have been better off if she had stabbed the guy. She's be out of jail by now and resuming her life. He'd still be dead.

Last edited:
They should definitely be allowed in the military then.

only a sucker would join the military in this day and age; waging war for the wealthy to control and/or overthrow governments, to steal its resources. The western world has lost its mind in a sea of lies...

Last edited:
only a sucker would join the military in this day and age; waging war for the wealthy to control and/or overthrow governments, to steal its resources. The western world has lost its mind in a sea of lies...

don't be the first on your block, to have your son come home in a box.

I have the greatest respect for those that serve in our military but nothing but contempt for those that put them in harms way to exploit other countries.

Last edited:
Well someone has to keep the Great Western Economic Empire maintained with military force. Anyway, how do we get back to home defence by owning a firearm? For a woman living alone, having a handgun is a definite asset.

Well someone has to keep the Great Western Economic Empire maintained with military force. Anyway, how do we get back to home defence by owning a firearm? For a woman living alone, having a handgun is a definite asset.

A gun of any type is useless unless you are trained to use it. Training includes developing the mental attitude towards killing. In close quarters where a handgun is most effective there isn't a lot of time for thought. It has to a motor action like hitting the brakes when faced with an obstacle. It means going the American route with a gun under the pillow.

Under Canadian gun laws it would be difficult.

Why wouldn't a man living alone be any different? Men have enemies too.

A large breed dog would be a better deterrent. JS.

In close quarters where a handgun is most effective there isn't a lot of time for thought.

12 Ga. Defender, zero choke, # 6 bird shot or rock salt. Point and pull.

if your a fellow that needs a "sawed" off 12g around the house, you don't need a whole lot of firearms training, nor will it matter. Its the Polaroid of guns , point and shoot, results will be acceptable.

Well...neither is a firearm really. At least when you take a Rottweiler for a walk no one will call the cops.

From what I gather if you pass all the background checks it would cost about $1000 to acquire a legal hand gun. Plus a gun safe and gun club membership. I'm not sure what those run.

Then there is the matter of proficiency. A lot of police only practice a few times a year. I can't see a novice shooting well if that's their level of activity.

Consequential damage is a problem if drywall is the only thing separating rooms. A high power hand gun can penetrate a half dozen walls. A 22 automatic might be a better choice. While it doesn't have the thump stopping power a whole bunch of little holes would still be a deterrent possibly without the risk of penetrating as many walls. That may not be correct as I've seen a 22 go through more polycarbonate than a 38.

Then there's the killer instinct. In WWI a lot of soldiers died without firing their rifles. They weren't psyched up to kill or maybe they would only shoot at someone after the other person shot at them. That doesn't end well.

Theoretically the gun has to be locked up when not in actual use but who's going to know if it's under your pillow.

I don't know if I'd want to live in an area so risky that the above was needed.

If I did my first option would be to armour the house but that's illegal as well in some places.

the challenge may be not the nieghborhood you live in, people dont rob houses in Jane / Finch or regent park, they rob East Oakville and the Kingsway where there is stuff worth getting.
Sexual assaults aren't just pretty girls and can happen to anybody, my fear would be if you had a gun and didnt finish the offender does he finish you since now he has a way to keep you quiet? Murder might not have been on his mind but? I dont think there's a black and white answer here.

From what I gather if you pass all the background checks it would cost about $1000 to acquire a legal hand gun. Plus a gun safe and gun club membership. I'm not sure what those run.

Then there is the matter of proficiency. A lot of police only practice a few times a year. I can't see a novice shooting well if that's their level of activity.

Consequential damage is a problem if drywall is the only thing separating rooms. A high power hand gun can penetrate a half dozen walls. A 22 automatic might be a better choice. While it doesn't have the thump stopping power a whole bunch of little holes would still be a deterrent possibly without the risk of penetrating as many walls. That may not be correct as I've seen a 22 go through more polycarbonate than a 38.

Then there's the killer instinct. In WWI a lot of soldiers died without firing their rifles. They weren't psyched up to kill or maybe they would only shoot at someone after the other person shot at them. That doesn't end well.

Theoretically the gun has to be locked up when not in actual use but who's going to know if it's under your pillow.

I don't know if I'd want to live in an area so risky that the above was needed.

If I did my first option would be to armour the house but that's illegal as well in some places.

There is an initial investment, $300 for the license, $700 for a gun, $200 for a small safe, $200 for an annual membership at a range. Along the way you meet great like-minded people, usually fairly well to do, you can join target shooting clubs and competitions and branch out into the sport from there. For a young woman a 9mm or .22 handgun will do, they're easy to handle with little kickback. Not too many rapists or home invaders have the stomach to keep going after the first bullet whacks them. They're going to run like hell, but since it's possible the dude might be a psychotic lunatic the NRA teaches women (same as police) to unload the whole clip (up to 9 bullets depending on the handgun) into him.

Handgun ammo doesn't have much penetrating power. Most apartment buildings have thick walls to comply with the fire code (6 layers of hardboard or solid cement) that standard handgun ammo will not get through. A high-power hunting rifle (.223, .303, .308) on the other hand will penetrate cinder block, so it's not recommended for home defence.

There is an initial investment, $300 for the license, $700 for a gun, $200 for a small safe, $200 for an annual membership at a range. Along the way you meet great like-minded people, usually fairly well to do, you can join target shooting clubs and competitions and branch out into the sport from there. For a young woman a 9mm or .22 handgun will do, they're easy to handle with little kickback. Not too many rapists or home invaders have the stomach to keep going after the first bullet whacks them. They're going to run like hell, but since it's possible the dude might be a psychotic lunatic the NRA teaches women (same as police) to unload the whole clip (up to 9 bullets depending on the handgun) into him.

Handgun ammo doesn't have much penetrating power. Most apartment buildings have thick walls to comply with the fire code (6 layers of hardboard or solid cement) that standard handgun ammo will not get through. A high-power hunting rifle (.223, .303, .308) on the other hand will penetrate cinder block, so it's not recommended for home defence.

Even a 2 LR has penetrating power, hypothetically four or more interior walls. Many times that for a more powerful weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pSVn7ozXTQ

In Canada if an intruder instantly gave up when confronted and the police called who would get hammered worse, the intruder or the defender?

Intruder would get hit with break and enter.

However would the cops be over zealous with gun charges against the defender? It has happened.

Would such charges result in the revoking of a restricted firearm permit?

What would be the most compact weapon available that would avoid the restricted clause?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom