Judge rules Nfld man was right to shoot intruder | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Judge rules Nfld man was right to shoot intruder

I have survived one home invasion, two armed robberies and have been attacked with knives 3 times in my life. I have never owned a gun yet I am still here.
I still do not feel the need to own a gun for protection and doubt I ever will.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I didn't know Barrie was that rough
I have survived one home invasion, two armed robberies and have been attacked with knives 3 times in my life. I have never owned a gun yet I am still here.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Lol its not. I grew up in Brantford in the 80's and 90's. It was a crap hole with very high violent crime rates. If you were smart you didn't go out alone as a teenager.
However I did learn to look after myself without a gun lol.

Perhaps you were the one doing the robbery? Run off by three women with kitchen knives? "Survived a robbery". LOL.

Good for you, but explain that to the person shot dead in their own home, they no longer need a gun either.

Perhaps you were the one doing the robbery? Run off by three women with kitchen knives? "Survived a robbery". LOL.

Good for you, but explain that to the person shot dead in their own home, they no longer need a gun either.
Ok sure. However the story works for you. Point is I don't feel a gun is necessary for "protection", if you do that's great for you.
Edit: I have no idea the stats, but I imagine the average Canadian has very very little chance of ever being shot dead in their home. It's like building a bomb shelter just in case.

Last edited:
Not everybody is in danger, I agree most people will never need one, but sometimes even if it's rare, people do.

Lol. What if there’s a toddler around...maybe he should have a gun too otherwise he’d be without eh?
So long as he's been educated on safety, could probably handle a .22

Nobody needs a gun all of the time. And most people will go their entire lives never having needed, held or maybe even seen one in person. However, life is random, things happen, people snap, and in the moment when you wish you had a gun, the ship has long since sailed and you wind up a statistic. There are many one liners to sum it up though, I'll leave you with a few of my favourites.

Bullets travel faster than cops
I'd rather be judged by twelve, than carried by 6
"An armed society is a polite society.”
– Robert Heinlein
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
I rather have a gun I don’t need than need a gun I don’t have.

The problem is that it is too easy to go USA on the situation. There is too much reliance on shooting ones way out of a situation an unarmed person wouldn't get into.

Canada has social programs that reduce the reliance on crime. You don't have to rob a bank to pay for your mother's cancer treatments.

Canada has social programs that reduce the reliance on crime. You don't have to rob a bank to pay for your mother's cancer treatments.

Or sex reassignment surgery.

105221996-Dog-Day-Afternoon.530x298.jpg

Lol. What if there’s a toddler around...maybe he should have a gun too otherwise he’d be without eh?

Quotes from a story about 'Who is America'.....

" Larry Pratt, the executive director of Gun Owners of America said "toddlers are pure, uncorrupted by fake news or homosexuality. They don't care if it's politically correct to shoot a mentally deranged gunman. They'll just do it."

Pratt, who once served in the Virginia House of Delegates, said, "The science behind this programme is proven."

He added that children can process images quicker than adults, "meaning that, essentially like owls, they can see in slow motion". "

Quotes from a story about 'Who is America'.....

" Larry Pratt, the executive director of Gun Owners of America said "toddlers are pure, uncorrupted by fake news or homosexuality. They don't care if it's politically correct to shoot a mentally deranged gunman. They'll just do it."

Pratt, who once served in the Virginia House of Delegates, said, "The science behind this programme is proven."

He added that children can process images quicker than adults, "meaning that, essentially like owls, they can see in slow motion". "

They should definitely be allowed in the military then.

Seriously, if this guy^^^ is allowed to roam around freely in here, why is inreb gone?

Back
Top Bottom