Judge rules Nfld man was right to shoot intruder | GTAMotorcycle.com

Judge rules Nfld man was right to shoot intruder

Two Newfoundland "hillbillies", with a history of humping each others girlfriends ( nice gals in newfy) , finally comes to a head in a drunken home invasion and the defence weapon is a SAWED off shotgun?

And the drunk that drove to the home, broke in, assaulted a female in the house and smashed cupboards with his head? and yet was charged with nothing by police. Nice police work.

Its entertainment at best, this story adds no credibility to being a legitimate gun owner. It was an illegal gun, used in a crime.

For those who can't think of "one good reason" to own a gun in Toronto, and would like to take away your right to self-defence, I'll just leave this here.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/jesse-lewis-shooting-avondale-1.4837384

If someone broke into my home and my life or those of my loved ones was at risk I would use whatever means at my disposal to disable the intruder. However I wouldn't be using a prohibited weapon (Sawed off shotgun) conveniently at hand and the invasion wouldn't be over me screwing someone else's girlfriend. I wouldn't leave the scene driving while disqualified. Kudos for the shooter going for the knee not head.

Sounds like an interesting neighbourhood.

remember when Newfy jokes were a thing? Its because the majority of Newfs that came to Ontario are exactly like this tool.

Sure we have some OK ones, like my Missus............... but if i find out shes boning the nieghbor all bets are off

and the invasion wouldn't be over me screwing someone else's girlfriend.

They were screwing each other's girlfriends. Basic algebra. They cancel each other out.

Is this really the guy you want to put on a poster for gun rights? Like, really? Can't find anyone better?

Is this really the guy you want to put on a poster for gun rights? Like, really? Can't find anyone better?

What you take from it only reflects your own prejudice. The moral of the story is that for whatever reasons, home invasions happen an bullets travel faster than cops. Also the Crown was full of **** when he said self defense wouldn't fly in canada. Self defense or defense of another really does fly when an intruder comes in and assaults a guest in your home.

What you take from it only reflects your own prejudice.

You said it!

Let's put it another way, is this the individual you want with a gun?

Well, I'm not the person to whom that question should be posed. Maybe take to social media and find the girl that was assaulted. Ask her if he was the guy she wanted with a gun.

You said it!

Let's put it another way, is this the individual you want with a gun?

If he was between me and a homicidal raging drunk? YES. Quit making weaksauce excuses so you can regurgitate the phony left mantra that you "can't think of one good reason to own a gun". I don't know what Disneyland you live in, but if I was a woman living alone in homicide-plagued Toronto I would want to be armed against a home invasion.

Nobody needs a gun all of the time. And most people will go their entire lives never having needed, held or maybe even seen one in person. However, life is random, things happen, people snap, and in the moment when you wish you had a gun, the ship has long since sailed and you wind up a statistic. There are many one liners to sum it up though, I'll leave you with a few of my favourites.

Bullets travel faster than cops
I'd rather be judged by twelve, than carried by 6
"An armed society is a polite society.”
– Robert Heinlein
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
I rather have a gun I don’t need than need a gun I don’t have.

Back
Top Bottom