Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2018 Edition) | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2018 Edition)

What did you end up getting? An F4?
I saw you're PM and thought I sent a PM back but I don't know if it went through?

I was out yesterday to for my morning commute.. the morning was actually a lot nicer than the evening after work...

It's getting cold out there ladies and gentleman... Me thinks it's time to start finalizing the storage options.. :(

2017 Rebel 500, still wasn't sure about trying the SS route and this deal popped up. Emailed the guy with what I thought was a low ball and he accepted, so I snapped it up. I like it. Wind protection is no better than my 500F but may look into a windshield of the winter. If I don't like it in the spring I'll just flip it for something else.

Still riding daily in Halton. No issues. Nice and cozy in my Joe Rocket Trans Canada jacket and Alter Ego pants. Hands were a bit cold with my summer riding gloves. Getting my winter Alpinestars Equinox Drystar gloves today. Non highway commute.

Mimico - this screen looks good

el-paso-rebel-500_1024x1024.jpg

https://memphisshades.com/products/pop-top-sportshield-windshield-honda-rebel-300-500

Would've been an alright commute this morning (had the proper layers on, and more) but then they decided to close part of lakeshore due to an accident so my commute ran longer than anticipated for the amount of layers i had.

Went to do some errands was thinking taking the bike, but was just a bit easier with the car. Saw a few riders out there, wish I took the bike instead. Damit.

Layering for freezing temperatures is a pain. I'm thinking of getting a snowmobile suit this fall

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

aren't they bulky tho and what about armor. If ever armor was needed it's riding in near freezing temps.

My moto gear luckily has removable liners.

When i put em on, yes its more restrictive but still quite comfortable.

Then i get the option of having long johns + tshirt

or add a light sweat....

i kinda miss my heated vest... it was a godsend even with my old gear that didnt have liners

Layering for freezing temperatures is a pain. I'm thinking of getting a snowmobile suit this fall

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Depends on your gear. From inside out here is what I wear:

Normal Street clothes as base layer none of this long underwear pain in the butt stuff.(Commuting to work means my Suit Pants and Cotton Shirt and tie with Suit Jacket in topcase.)

From around freezing to somewhere in the 10 to 15°c range

On top "Warm n Safe" Heated Jacket with soft shell outside that.

Roadcrafter Goretex Riding Suit.

Warm N Safe heated gloves.

Much below freezing (down to -18°c) or for longer rides I add Aerostich TLC Fleece pants (over the street pants) and below about -5C an extra soft shell up top.

In warmer weather layers are removed.

Somewhere between 15°c and 20°c I wear shorts underneath and will drop the heated jacket and switch to light gloves.

Above 20°ish the soft shell goes away and I may wear a T-shirt on the way home.

As I have gotten older my feet have become more sensitive to cold. Previously I would wear the same Alpinstar Web-Goretex boots and Tilley Travel Dress socks from 54°c (Death Valley) down to -18°c. Now I need an extra layer on my feet somewhere below -5 if for only an hour or so commute and around freezing if riding all day.

..Tom

I don't ride below freezing except by accident. 5c is just okay.

C3 helmet is warm and fog proof

Thin Oxford balaclava to keep the earphones in place - worn all the time.

Neck protector with bib front and back ...that makes a huge difference.

Long sleeve base layer - poly

Columbia poly fishing shirt for the pockets and another layer

ColdPruf over sized long underwear top over that ( the stuff is amazing ).
If I want better warmth I sandwich the Cold Pruf between the base layer and the fishing shirt.

Heated glove liners - First gear

Scott 3 season jacket ...no liner ...I prefer the ColdPruf.

ColdPruf extreme cold dual layer long johns. Sometimes I use Dr. Skin tights instead.

Pumpgun Knee armor - it has very good coverage both for protection and warmth.

AirGlide 3 over pants without the liner or knee armor

Milwaukee Trooper boots with battery heated inner soles. I find my feet most vulnerable after a time. If I was doing distance I'd switch to first gear heated socks,

First gear glove liners under Eddie Bauer First Ascent gloves....no armor but flexible and really keeps hands warm ...never go above 2 on the heated liners.

This year added handle bar muffs that will come in tomorrow. Those might take my temperature range lower at least for short rides.
oxford_rain_seal_tech_handlebar_muffs_750x750.jpg

The Madstad winscreen and side deflectors keep a very quiet air pocket and the C3 is very warm ( almost too warm in the summer )

Riding the other day, my feet stayed pretty warm so maybe the CB500x has some warmth coming off the engine in that area but it was mid -teens

Couldn't ride today. Light snow in ground, 0C in the AM. I can deal with the cold, I have heated jacket liner, gloves, snowmobile pants, heated bars, but ice on the road and I'm caging it.

Last ride in this morning. 7 degrees. Not to bad. Storage tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heated jacket and grips are one of the best investments I have made, extends the riding season on both ends.

10 degrees out ...not bad will do a leisurely ride up to Hockley or the Forks depending on how the bike feels in the gusts. I tipped the Madstad back a bit....just love the adjustment

I rode in today because I haven't taken the bike to work much this season. Figured it would be one of the last days to ride to work judging by the long term forecast. Not bad this morning but should be nicer going home.

Fbij6FZ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom