Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2018 Edition) | Page 38 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2018 Edition)

Do these keep front of you fingers warm, my palms are not the issue just the front of my fingers, also 60 is alot, do they expire?

Yes and no, depends on your blood flow to your fingers, and how good your gloves are. ;) . They are better than nothing, but my experience with them working on horse farms in the dead of winter is that you have to get them directly on the extremity you want to keep warm unless your gloves/boots are extremely well insulated so that they can heat the area overall.

And yes, they do expire...albeit I think it's a few years. Old ones really just don't heat up anymore.

Yes and no, depends on your blood flow to your fingers, and how good your gloves are. ;) . They are better than nothing, but my experience with them working on horse farms in the dead of winter is that you have to get them directly on the extremity you want to keep warm unless your gloves/boots are extremely well insulated so that they can heat the area overall.

And yes, they do expire...albeit I think it's a few years. Old ones really just don't heat up anymore.
My secret if your fingers get cold, wear latex gloves under your gloves or mitts, I wear Mitts below zero. Also works for the summer in wet conditions, your hands will stay warm and dry. Unless you have sweaty hands.

M

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

I went out for a few hours today. Just a scenic ride along the south side of Lake Simcoe.

Temperature -7 to -9. Nice day!

..Tom

You're my hero. I'd love to take my Strom out in this weather but I am chicken to this cold weather lol

You're my hero. I'd love to take my Strom out in this weather but I am chicken to this cold weather lol

I hate cold!

I just make sure I have good gear that keeps me warm!

No bugs! :)

..Tom

ps: Doesn't look like any more riding this week.

I hate cold!

I just make sure I have good gear that keeps me warm!

No bugs! :)

..Tom

ps: Doesn't look like any more riding this week.
Impending winter storm. No fun. March is around the corner!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Saw somebody on a big Harley decker today at Thickson Road & 401 in Whitby.

Common guys....... riding for 30 minutes or 50 km on a nice day in January is a total farce and totally meaningless.

Common guys....... riding for 30 minutes or 50 km on a nice day in January is a total farce and totally meaningless.

Any riding's good riding!

..Tom

Gee someone got the winter riding blues... soon just hang in there.

Sent from the moon!

Operating an open air motorized vehicle enjoyably in cold temperatures is clearly a horrible completely unrealistic thing to do.

Snowmobile-1.jpg

I must admit I am tempted this weekend if the roads are dry at -20 to see

a) if my spanking new CB500x starts

b) try it around the block with my best gear for cold weather on

I must admit I am tempted this weekend if the roads are dry at -20 to see

a) if my spanking new CB500x starts

b) try it around the block with my best gear for cold weather on

Not looking like that's going to happen I'm guessing considering the roads are far from ideal?

The only thing bike related I'm doing today is switching the tender from one bike to the other.

@V-Tom, was expecting to see a post of you riding. I guess you have some limits eh :p

@V-Tom, was expecting to see a post of you riding. I guess you have some limits eh :p

My limits are ice and snow on the roads. :)

Just came inside from shoveling my driveway. It might be okay tomorrow but my street is plowed and still snow covered.

Maybe tomorrow if my street has some pavement showing.

..Tom

Back
Top Bottom