Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2018 Edition) | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2018 Edition)

Arrived home in a snow flurry. Traction is okay as long as you're not riding aggressively. Or have worn out tires

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Slight flurries atop the Caledon hill this evening. Quite windy and chilly. Heated handlebars a bonus.

I rode in this morning. Wasn't too bad with all the gear, including pants, on. I was concerned about black ice in the hollows around here, but figured the roads hadn't had time to cool down enough yet. A couple more cold nights and that concern may end it for me.

I'm starting to get a bit worried about the early morning 6am non highway commute as this is my first year riding. I'm worried about the morning dew that may be on the slippery side when temps dip down to 0-5C overnight. How worried should I be?

Holy wake up call. Wore my liners but still got cold. I guess i gotta bust out the sweaters under those liners too :S

I'm starting to get a bit worried about the early morning 6am non highway commute as this is my first year riding. I'm worried about the morning dew that may be on the slippery side when temps dip down to 0-5C overnight. How worried should I be?

Just be careful of wetspots that could potentially be ice, and don't power through corners cause your tires are likely super cold and hard.

Holy wake up call. Wore my liners but still got cold. I guess i gotta bust out the sweaters under those liners too :S

T'was chilly indeed.

Last edited:
The seasons changing fast this year....

I’m hoping for one more super nice day for one last big ride somewhere - I have a lieu day at work calling my name.

Friday looks good here in Mississauga, 15+ and Haliburton 12+ and mostly sunny. but beware the thursday is 1+ during the night so there might be frost lingering.

Ya chilly out today. Cut my ride short. I didnt layer properly enough. The wind was adding to the cold. Better down closer to the city though.
Surprised it is this cold already....

I had to remove layers today but riding trials is a full body workout :D it was awesome, another total traction everywhere day, leaves are going fast and you can easy pick trails through the woods, bikes perform really well, gotta love fall.

Caught caught in snow flurries last night. I'm not out for the season but today is the first time I drove the car to work since spring.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Got to ride yesterday and it was awesome. Just finishing up registering of the new ride so thought I'd add a few kms in and around town. Was great...decided to hit up Mississauga Rd as I had an extra 20min...of course it started raining as soon as I got there and got caught up in traffic!

Freezing, little wet, but loved being on a bike again. I'm with the lil one today as mom went to work, but hopefully tomorrow I can get away for an hour or so.

Rode in to work this morning. -2 in Port Perry when I left. Everything was covered with a layer of snow. The roads were mainly fine and sometimes had some icy sections off the car tire tracks.

Didn't see anyone else riding. :)

..Tom

Got to ride yesterday and it was awesome. Just finishing up registering of the new ride so thought I'd add a few kms in and around town. Was great...decided to hit up Mississauga Rd as I had an extra 20min...of course it started raining as soon as I got there and got caught up in traffic!

Freezing, little wet, but loved being on a bike again. I'm with the lil one today as mom went to work, but hopefully tomorrow I can get away for an hour or so.

What did you end up getting? An F4?
I saw you're PM and thought I sent a PM back but I don't know if it went through?

I was out yesterday to for my morning commute.. the morning was actually a lot nicer than the evening after work...

It's getting cold out there ladies and gentleman... Me thinks it's time to start finalizing the storage options.. :(

-3 down here and just too many shaded gulleys to risk it. I learned about black ice and motorcycles the hard way a few years back so I don't risk it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom