Where to find Crash/Freeway bars for naked bike, or Custom? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to find Crash/Freeway bars for naked bike, or Custom?

Catman

Site Supporter
I have a Honda CB300F and looking for crash/freeway bars for it , but can’t find them anywhere.
I found engine guards , but I’m looking for the bars that go way out wide.
Don’t mind having them made custom either.

Feel free to tell me why they’re a bad idea , or it looks ugly , or whatever.

Last edited:
Go for the engine guards, the ones that stick out way far are called mouse traps for a reason, they are Not intended to tuck in behind in a crash, it simply does not work that way.

Go for the engine guards, the ones that stick out way far are called mouse traps for a reason, they are Not intended to tuck in behind in a crash, it simply does not work that way.

Thanks for the advice.

What is your goal with the bars? Do you want a place to mount highway pegs, you want the look, you want crash protection or something else? The intended application governs the difficulty of fabricobbling a solution.

What is your goal with the bars? Do you want a place to mount highway pegs, you want the look, you want crash protection or something else? The intended application governs the difficulty of fabricobbling a solution.

Good questions!

Crash protection is what I would like it for , everything else is secondary.

Yes , some will argue it’s not a good idea , and some will swear by it saving them from more harm.

From what I can see , they are not made for bikes which are not cruisers. Probably have to go custom !

Good questions!

Crash protection is what I would like it for , everything else is secondary.

Yes , some will argue it’s not a good idea , and some will swear by it saving them from more harm.

From what I can see , they are not made for bikes which are not cruisers. Probably have to go custom !

You picked the hardest one to accomplish. Large lever arm plus high forces equals some combination of mouse trap on your legs/damned heavy/well designed with support in multiple planes. I suspect most custom jobs will be a combination of the first two as that is the fastest and cheapest way to put bars on the bike.

For inspiration, look at stunt cages. If you want to avoid the mousetrap, you will need to add similar supports to your wide hoop (maybe not so many, but if you have none I can't see a hoop staying where you put it).

EDIT:
Personally, I would probably build the bars in two parts. The narrow engine guard style you don't want would be the actual protection while the wide parts would be aesthetic and designed to come off in a crash (possibly even made of plastic).

Last edited:
You picked the hardest one to accomplish. Large lever arm plus high forces equals some combination of mouse trap on your legs/damned heavy/well designed with support in multiple planes. I suspect most custom jobs will be a combination of the first two as that is the fastest and cheapest way to put bars on the bike.

For inspiration, look at stunt cages. If you want to avoid the mousetrap, you will need to add similar supports to your wide hoop (maybe not so many, but if you have none I can't see a hoop staying where you put it).

EDIT:
Personally, I would probably build the bars in two parts. The narrow engine guard style you don't want would be the actual protection while the wide parts would be aesthetic and designed to come off in a crash (possibly even made of plastic).

Thanks for the very well written reply.

Yes , it seems that this will be hard to accomplish and needs to be researched more.
Will look at what stunt cages look like. Maybe I can find someone who customizes them.

Something like the loop with a support or two, powdered coated black , would even look great on my bike. ;)

FWIW, I just came back from a business trip to Singapore and Thailand. Maybe check out some of the web sites catering to riders in these countries. There is a plethora of smaller bikes including the 300F and many are equipped with Highway Bars. I liked these...

6ad5b5bf1f1929c131552659e8bc2a46.jpg

Saw a few that had been down and most seem to hold up OK.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom