Hayabusa on M2. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hayabusa on M2.

What type of injuries are they talking about, any examples to offer?

Brain injuries (traumatic brain damage.)

Spinal cord injuries (paraplegia, quadriplegia.)

Amputations.

Muscle/nerve damage.

That's just four. There are many types of "life altering" injuries more likely to be suffered by motorcyclists than, say, cagers -- injuries that can have long-term financial (and other) consequences.

Brain injuries (traumatic brain damage.)

Spinal cord injuries (paraplegia, quadriplegia.)

Amputations.

Muscle/nerve damage.

That's just four. There are many types of "life altering" injuries more likely to be suffered by motorcyclists than, say, cagers -- injuries that can have long-term financial (and other) consequences.

was kind of looking for something more specific, stand-out or unique to motorcycle sports injuries and requires rehab.example:
440px-Lizzy_Yarnold_2017_Lake_Placid_WC_%281_of_3%29.jpg
<- neck injury in progress.

or:

" In the United States, every year about 73,000 amputations of the lower limb not related to trauma are performed on people with diabetes"

Chest injuries are common for motorcyclists I think. I’m sure I read that somewhere along with the fact that many jackets don’t have any chest protection.

So wait....you are saying I can opt only for Liability and nothing else and it would lower my premiums? Do these Insurance company allow that?

Just need this information if we can only opt for Comprehensive + Liability ?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Fairly certain they meant one way insurance - liability, fire, theft and injury benefits.

So wait....you are saying I can opt only for Liability and nothing else and it would lower my premiums? Do these Insurance company allow that?

Just need this information if we can only opt for Comprehensive + Liability ?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Yes, you can get liability only. Some insurers don't provide comprehensive coverage without collision.

But for a Hayabusa, I wouldn't expect it to make a huge difference to your premium. If it does, please post here so we know.

So wait....you are saying I can opt only for Liability and nothing else and it would lower my premiums? ...

Affirmative. I've never had collision coverage on any motorcycle, for most of the time I've been riding it wasn't even offered and if so it had an "excluding upset" clause. Basically if you have collision on your motorcycle you deal with your insurance company when somebody hits you, if you don't have collision you have to deal with the other guys insurance company. If you buy a motorcycle on a loan you will require all of the coverage available. (they want their loan money secured)

... personally I haven't experienced significant chest injuries, but I've had handlebars stick into my abdomen just below the rib cage as I went over the bars, that really hurts!

Basically if you have collision on your motorcycle you deal with your insurance company when somebody hits you, if you don't have collision you have to deal with the other guys insurance company.

Hmm...?

I thought in the land of no fault you always deal with your company and they go after the other persons to recoup (assuming non fault)

only know what I had to do when I got rear ended, highly recommend you try not to have any problems at all if possible,
do all your crashing in the dirt, I've crashed too many times to count on dirt bikes with little to zero real damage resulting.

Getting rear ended with a truck that has monster mudder tires on it hurts bad.
thankfully BMW did rear end crash testing on the K100 <- & :I'm here to say it works!

... accident was 100% his fault if that makes any difference

... my wife just fired up the chainsaw :agave: how awesome is that

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom