Road rage in GTA. Van rams motorcyclist. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Road rage in GTA. Van rams motorcyclist.

I gotta hand it to the rider.
I've seen some stupid things in this city, but that rider is a moron.

Dangerous driver, foolish rider.

It's called narcissistic injury. Makes people do really dangerous things, all for protecting their fragile ego. Used to be a bit like that, thankfully dissipates with age/wisdom.

I agree with Java.

Is there missing footage from earlier?

Maybe this is the reason we have street racing laws here?
The both deserve a time out.

I agree with Java.

Is there missing footage from earlier?

Maybe this is the reason we have street racing laws here?
The both deserve a time out.

There isn't missing footage, you can see the sienna right turn without stopping, cutting off the black SUV in front of the biker at the beginning of the video.
That's what puzzles me, all the biker did was give the sienna a funny look and maybe say something but the way the driver cuts back into traffic and cuts the biker back off seems so uncalled for.

biker is also an idiot for splitting after seeing the sienna drive the way he did. just back off, call the cops if you need to. no point risking your life over clearly mentally unstable people

In my opinion, you guys are blaming the rider way more than you should. Frankly, I could see myself giving the van driver a WTF-look. The moron driver stops in the middle of the road and deserved a look ... and c'mon, we've ALL done it when we see stupidity affect us some how in the past.

Too many times, the instigator is the one NOT getting blamed while the REACTOR is. The concept of cause and effect needs to be considered here.

Granted there could've been a valid emergency for the van driver to be stopped and the biker may have just been looking in to see if all was fine. We don't know. Regardless, in this case there clearly was not an emergency based on the way the driver took off.

Someone above hinted that you mellow out with age ... I'm finding it's the opposite now in my 50's. Or maybe, it's just that there are SO many more morons on the road now - going with the latter.

A small street legal dirt bike has a handy advantage in such a traffic situation, is way easier to get out of trouble as fast as you can get into it.
... not too many street bikes can do a 180 turn from a dead stop, hop a curb or ride a ditch to escape the crazy chasing you.

If you have never experienced road rage against your riding a motorcycle, you probably have just not ridden for long enough time to see it yet. If they do start allowing lane splitting and filtering, be ready for any respect given to your space to vanish. There really are cagers out there who have zero tolerance &/or respect for motorcycles. Never be confrontational unless you are subjected to unprovoked attack and even then you better have a serious great escape plan.

The minivan initially appears to be parked (did anyone happen to notice its right-hand indicator flashing?); the darker SUV immediately behind it is attempting to merge, as is the motorcyclist.
Once the motorcyclist merges past the still stationary minivan (right indicator still flashing) the minivan oddly pulls out aggressively and speeds up beside the motorcyclist. After that, it's a **** show.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I agree. The driver of the van made no indication that they wanted to merge with traffic. It seems to be the opposite here where the van is positioned in the lane with the right indicator on and tires pointed forward. Too me that says 'please ignore me, I'm invisible'.

The rider could have said something totally innocuous for all we know.

The suv and rider both passed in the van's lane as a result of the driver of the van's communication with other traffic. He/she ****ed up. The rest is no better. This is exactly why I have a dash cam!

You'll also notice that when contact is made, the motorcycle is aggressively attempting to pass the van in the same lane. He did manage to clip the mirror, but I'm not sure if that was his intention.

The right turn signal on the van was on since he had just made a right turn, and hadn't turned the wheel enough to turn it off.

Last edited:
Rider has no idea how to ride that bike...cant stop or start in a straight line.

Never mess with a middle-aged guy in an old minivan, that's someone with nothing left to lose...

Dangerous driver, foolish rider.

It's called narcissistic injury. Makes people do really dangerous things, all for protecting their fragile ego. Used to be a bit like that, thankfully dissipates with age/wisdom.

I like how you are brave enough to admit it lol

I too was like that. Now I'm just a bitter angry ******* =)

So......if this hypothetically happened again and the rider, out of fear for his life, disables the driver by breaking their arms, would that be assault or could it be used to argue as defense? <__<

油井緋色;2590465 said:
So......if this hypothetically happened again and the rider, out of fear for his life, disables the driver by breaking their arms, would that be assault or could it be used to argue as defense? <__<
I already asked that question; if he gets out of the minivan carrying a weapon and I fear for my life :dontknow: can I make him eat motorcycle.

I already asked that question; if he gets out of the minivan carrying a weapon and I fear for my life :dontknow: can I make him eat motorcycle.

I like how you think.

I've actually been in that situation, but fortunately for me the semi drunk biker driver got the other 2 drunk biker passengers to get back in the car.

Depending on the exact circumstances... Probably.
BUT.... I would guess that if you did run into the person with your bike.. you'd both end up on the ground.

BUT.... I would guess that if you did run into the person with your bike.. you'd both end up on the ground.
:lmao: you haven't seen me ride.

Pop the clutch at 6k-10k RPM (higher might work, but I've only seen ppl loop wheelies higher <_<) at a stand still and jump off.

Or, if you're not a squid, just kamikaze straight into them; only one of you has gear.

Was in 1971 ... I was 16 years old ~90 pounds and riding a TC90 Suzuki (6 years off road riding experience), 4 drunk bikers in a gold Cadillac tried to force me into a head on collision with a northbound Broadview Avenue streetcar just for slaps and giggles. When that didn't work they started throwing half empty beer bottles, one hit my engine then I ended up stuck in traffic behind them at a street light several blocks from there, 2 big burly vest wearing bikers get out of the back seat and head my direction. Only plan I had was to wheelie the bike into the first guys chest and run like mad away from the others. :mad: was a terrifying plan but the only one I could come up with at the time because traffic made it impossible to flee, I was counting on shock and awe to buy me a few seconds lead.
I was raised to never back down in a fight that I didn't start.

That's Giller Prize material right there. "Three Semi-Drunk Bikers In A Gold Cadillac On Broadview Avenue."

Back
Top Bottom