mississauga, bobcaygeon, haliburton, sprucedale loop | GTAMotorcycle.com

mississauga, bobcaygeon, haliburton, sprucedale loop

Since the 519 is getting work done right now, I'd skip Ravencliffe up to Sprucedale altogether since you have already done that before.

A few others to try out that fall directly on your current route, include doing the out 'n back of #7 Kennisis Lake Rd (possibly including Watts Trail), which leads north of the 118 at West Guildford. Then just north of Haliburton, add in the loop that involves the 14 & 19 together. That is Haliburton Lake Rd and Harburn Rd. Will add about 20 minutes onto your route and is a lot of fun. Haliburton Lake rd has good pavement and some fast sweepers with a few tighter sections, while Harburn Rd has lots of tighter sections with some bumpy pavement here and there. Both are very lightly traveled and good fun.

I would have edited your route, but max points have already been reached. Both the suggestions above are in the sticky in this sub-forum.

Stisted Road South out of Sprucedale has some work being done on it as of last week. I was planning on riding it but it's chewed up just as it heads south out of town. Not sure how long of a stretch they are working on....I opted out of it.

Looks like a really long day. If you're going to add a few roads in prime territory, as per above, I'd start by trimming time at the start by slabbing it to the 115, then to 7, to 28 and at Burleigh Falls cut over on 36 to the 507. I've done variations of the zig zag 401 to Bobcaygeon to the 507 route you have laid out and it is pretty marginal road wise. I'd just cut this out and ride to the start of good roads. If you can get to the 507, 3 and 118 area by 8:30 or 9:00 on a Saturday or Sunday traffic is not too bad, relatively speaking.

I was there last saturday and took Stisted Road South. Road work south of Sprucedale was only a 1km, after that it was good. Luckly a driver was coming up north from Stisted Road so I was able ask about the road condition.
Thanks for the input guys (keep them coming). They are much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom