Silly question? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Silly question?

perferd

Do you insure a dedicated track bike?

If you do how does that work?

If you dont what happens if you get hurt?

Well that was simple lol

Thx

Looking into buying one and that question just popped into my head...

I don't but you can.

See this thread, http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...rack-bike-insurance&highlight=insurance+track
Dalton Timmis offers Off-Track/Storage coverage. http://www.daltontimmis.com/personal-insurance/motorcycle-insurance/off-track-storage/

Like other reply said, you goto the hospital.

The event insurance coverage that relates to your entry fee payment is 99% for the spectators not the racers. If you are thinking you can buy regular road insurance and have it cover you and the bike when you crash in a closed course race :/ no, it don't work that way and if it did you would not be able to afford such insurance. I can almost guarantee that if you go racing you will crash on occasion, or else you are not pushing the limits enough to qualify to race.

If you do have to go to the hospital and you tell the staff you hurt yourself riding a motorcycle, get ready for some not so special treatment,
... tell them your horse threw you and you will receive far better (kinder-gentler) treatment and spare yourself several lectures on the dangers of motorcycles.

Before heading onto the track, have a good look at the health insurance coverage that you get through work (or your personal health coverage, assuming you have some if your work doesn't provide it). For example, a broken collarbone is a very common injury and will have you in a sling for 6 to 8 weeks. If you lift things for a living, does your health insurance cover you for short term disability leave? Even if it does, it might only supply a percentage of your regular income, so can you afford to live on that reduced income for a couple of months?

After that, OHIP will provide some physio coverage, but only at certain facilities that may not be convenient for you. If you want physio at a more convenient private facility, you could be looking at $60 or $100 a session, two or three times a week for a couple of months. That'll go through your private work/personal health insurance too.

... a broken collarbone is a very common injury and will have you in a sling for 6 to 8 weeks....

Damn! I think I broke mine a couple of weeks ago :I sure glad I didn't go to the hospital.

Last edited:
Damn! I think I broke mine a couple of weeks ago :I sure glad I didn't go to the hospital.

broke my collarbone and went to hospital. Told the doctor it was broken - he told me I would be in more pain and it was only a bruise.
bone "bruise" is still sticking up higher than my other shoulder- years later....sheesh, didn't even give me a sling...I just held my arm against my midsection for a couple days.

I recognized it as broken just by the way I held my arm...I was a member of the canadian ski patrol system and had seen this behaviour several times for broken collar bones...

Last edited:
Mine was worse since I broke the shoulder blade too. Have a nice collection of titanium holding things together now.

Ya it messed up my posture almost instantly after the crash, I just keep riding. Mainly a problem when I'm trying to sleep and can't get my arm in a comfortable position or when I'm having sex.

Had a few crashes injuries ranging from broken collar bone, ribs and severely mangled shoulder, healed well from all of those.

This past May, broke my wrist at flat track school. Never healed properly, lost the feeling in 2 fingertips and my whole hand hurts when it stays stationary for periods of time.

Had a few crashes injuries ranging from broken collar bone, ribs and severely mangled shoulder, healed well from all of those.

This past May, broke my wrist at flat track school. Never healed properly, lost the feeling in 2 fingertips and my whole hand hurts when it stays stationary for periods of time.

That’s what happens when you get married and get old

Back
Top Bottom