Hwy. 518 gravel work , Blackwater Lake Rd & Hwy 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hwy. 518 gravel work , Blackwater Lake Rd & Hwy 2

justride

As of Saturday Sept 15 2018

hwy 518 east of Blackwater Lake Road to/almost to Sprucedale is undergoing road work, it's all gravel now.
When riding down Blackwater Lake Road I took a look at 518 westward and saw contrucstion vehicles and more gravel but don't know how far it went.

FYI Blackwater Lake Road from Broadbent to hwy 518 is not paved. hard pack dirt and gravel.

hwy 518 & hwy. 2 Sitisted Rd S/Ravencliff. there is little bit of road work at the begining (maybe 1km) but it's all good after that.

didn't get a chance to do Southdown 13 hopefully there is road work planned for the year...this year

As of June 3 2020. What's the road condition of Blackwater Lake Road from hwy. 518 to Broadbent for the summer of 2020?
Want to hit McDougall Rd to Parry Sound!

I'm going up that way in a couple days. That section is likely gravel and the paved way through McDougall is to take the 518 all the way west to the 400 and then head north for one exit, then take McDougall Road east Hurdville Road, then head north towards the 124 and either run the bunny trail just to your left or head towards Magnetawan on your right.

I hope 518 is done soon. My annual Sudbury trip during Canada day weekend is approaching and 518 is part of the route.

It actually might have been completed sometime Fall 2018, but it's the sections between Orville and Sprucedale
Google Maps shows the resurfaced layer
Google Maps shows the roadwork still being done
Both dated Sept 2018

I have a friend who lives in the area, shes on the 518 daily. She mentioned, yes its freshly paved, but rough as f**K. Lots of frost heaves, and wasnt resurfaced very nicely. I plan to go see my parents in magnetewan this weekend, I usually take the "long route" to check out 518 on my way up before I decide to ride it on two wheels. Will confirm her description.

I havent ridden up there since 2017

Thanks very much for the heads up. I was going to go check it out tomorrow, but I'll go somewhere else and wait for your review!

I was on the 518 yesterday. It was fine. A bit bumpy but there were no gravel parts. A lot of people are up north though so there was more traffic on the road than I am used to

This used to be my favorite road. Road it Thursday and found it hardly any fun. It's bumpy as hell with the horrible new substandard paving. It was in better condition before their botched resurfacing.
Ravenscliff rd is ok, Tally-ho-swords road is great and #3 from Rosseau to Huntsville is still fun.

Sent from my SM-G970W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I rode the entire length of the 518 from Parry Sound over to Kearney/Sand Lake today and would say that the section between Orville - Sprucedale is the best I've ridden it in the last 15 years. Zero sand or gravel - couple of bumps and small potholes here and there, but if you choose a good line they are easy to avoid. Flat out amazing, riding balls to wall and tits to the tank. I'm definitely going back.

Back
Top Bottom