Ninja 300 to a cruiser | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ninja 300 to a cruiser

Looks to me like a V45 Magna :| "is it vintage one and for 100/year" <- you're kidding right?
Buy a moped, skip insurance and license costs completely, ride it on the sidewalk wearing a bicycle helmet and claim it's your personal mobility device, that's what half the country does. The vintage insurance you are thinking of is for riding your 1953 Fanny B to a vintage rally and back a couple times a year.

Magna's like that can be had for about that price and you better learn how to clean and balance your own carburetors,
is a nasty tight packed engine to work on. Not a lot of tire choices to fit it other then cheap tires. Also has one of those ridiculous external fuel pumps to feed the carbs because the peanut gas tank is a terrible design and can't gravity feed the carbs when the fuel level is low :| fuel pump can cause a nice little fuel fire if the seals fail, plan on replacing it occasionally.

... V45 model refers to 45 cubic inches because it is basically a 16 valve (hope you like adjusting valves) 750cc V4 engine metric cruiser with shaft drive dressed up to appeal to the early 80's chopper fad. Outputs ~80 hp and capable of a 12.something second quarter mile lol on a good day.

The one in the photo looks almost new :| or the photo was taken when it was almost new, most would have rusted out exhausts and totally messed up carbs by now.

..."
worked on it for 2 months" just noticed this part now, good job!

Last edited:
Nobody NEEDS the power of a hayabusa, ever. Just saying...

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

That's simply YOUR opinion. And it's wrong!
I was paying $860 / yr for my 2013 hayabusa.

Ya I was also curious to know what the heck a "muscle cruiser" was a well?? HD Sportsters?
More like a HD VRod and a Yamaha VMax as well. A Ducati Diaval sorta falls in the category. Some people say a Suzuki M109R as well. Sportster is just a Sportster...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

More like a HD VRod and a Yamaha VMax as well. A Ducati Diaval sorta falls in the category. Some people say a Suzuki M109R as well. Sportster is just a Sportster...
nailed it.

HD Breakout 114, now there's a muscle cruiser.

Looks to me like a V45 Magna :| "is it vintage one and for 100/year" <- you're kidding right?
Buy a moped, skip insurance and license costs completely, ride it on the sidewalk wearing a bicycle helmet and claim it's your personal mobility device, that's what half the country does. The vintage insurance you are thinking of is for riding your 1953 Fanny B to a vintage rally and back a couple times a year.

Magna's like that can be had for about that price and you better learn how to clean and balance your own carburetors,
is a nasty tight packed engine to work on. Not a lot of tire choices to fit it other then cheap tires. Also has one of those ridiculous external fuel pumps to feed the carbs because the peanut gas tank is a terrible design and can't gravity feed the carbs when the fuel level is low :| fuel pump can cause a nice little fuel fire if the seals fail, plan on replacing it occasionally.

... V45 model refers to 45 cubic inches because it is basically a 16 valve (hope you like adjusting valves) 750cc V4 engine metric cruiser with shaft drive dressed up to appeal to the early 80's chopper fad. Outputs ~80 hp and capable of a 12.something second quarter mile lol on a good day.

The one in the photo looks almost new :| or the photo was taken when it was almost new, most would have rusted out exhausts and totally messed up carbs by now.

..."
worked on it for 2 months" just noticed this part now, good job!
Thanks :cool: Its a 1984 V30 Magna, 500cc V4. Only made for 2 years, bored-out 400cc race V4 motor in a cruiser frame. Fastest 500cc in the world at the time, and the V65 1100cc was the fastest production bike in the world with a 10.1ish 1/4 mile. I rebuilt every single thing except the wiring harness and I never cracked the motor open. Probably about $2500 into it by now, I have never seen another on the road. Canadian tire spray paint and clear, reproduction decals. All original except the bars, seat, mirrors and master cylinders (which I have in perfect condition in a box). I took that picture last weekend :) insurance with M2 and 2 tickets is $113/month.

The V4 is a really special motor, have a look at the new Ducati V4's!

Last edited:
The M109r is sweet. And wayyyyy too big for my short legs. And they sound soooo sweet.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Thanks :cool: Its a 1984 V30 Magna, 500cc V4. Only made for 2 years, bored-out 400cc race V4 motor in a cruiser frame. Fastest 500cc in the world at the time, and the V65 1100cc was the fastest production bike in the world with a 10.1ish 1/4 mile. I rebuilt every single thing except the wiring harness and I never cracked the motor open. Probably about $2500 into it by now, I have never seen another on the road. Canadian tire spray paint and clear, reproduction decals. All original except the bars, seat, mirrors and master cylinders (which I have in perfect condition in a box). I took that picture last weekend :) insurance with M2 and 2 tickets is $113/month.

The V4 is a really special motor, have a look at the new Ducati V4's!
My first bike was 84 v30 magna.
Man, I do miss it and would buy one if I had room and time to tinker with it.

How many owners has it had before you? I wonder if i was owner on it at one point though I doubt it.

My first bike was 84 v30 magna.
Man, I do miss it and would buy one if I had room and time to tinker with it.

How many owners has it had before you? I wonder if i was owner on it at one point though I doubt it.
7 owners before me, bought in '85 in Addison, then slowly moved west over the years. Last owner had it since '04

I had a V65 once. It would go like snot, but brake like a brick. I high-sided it and did $100 damage to it.

Just for kicks I called insurance today as I'm still in a similar boat....

CBR500R - $770/year
VFR800 - $1300/year
GSXR600 - $790/year

How does this make sense?
...also, what year VFR? For some reason, the 90's generations were quoted higher for me than the mid 2000's.

Mimico try

Christopher South, R.I.B. (Ont), CIP
Insurance Broker, SurNet Insurance Group Inc.
csouth@surnet.net
P: 416-546-8969
F: 866-491-4002

That seems all wrong for the VFR800....my CBF1000 was only $150 more than my 650 Vstrom.

How does this make sense?...

None of it makes sense! How can the same rider be a high liability on one bike and a lower liability on another bike unless the high liability bike is less road worthy. I quit trying to make sense out of motorcycle insurance rates long ago, they have most things completely backwards when it comes to machinery and their rates have everything to do with how much coin they can extract from you and how little they can pay out when things do go wrong.

Remember those cars back in the early 80's where the Only difference between the base model and the sport model was stickers on the side of the car, the ones with the stickers were significantly more expensive to insure :/ who would think that stickers on the side of a car could make it a higher liability!

... oh ya -> Good Morning everybody :D looks like another nice day for riding!

Last edited:
Mimico try

Christopher South, R.I.B. (Ont), CIP
Insurance Broker, SurNet Insurance Group Inc.
csouth@surnet.net
P: 416-546-8969
F: 866-491-4002

That seems all wrong for the VFR800....my CBF1000 was only $150 more than my 650 Vstrom.

Will do thanks. I was a little put off the VFR because of that price in insurance. Almost pulled the trigger on a newer CBR500R.

Just for kicks I called insurance today as I'm still in a similar boat....

CBR500R - $770/year
VFR800 - $1300/year
GSXR600 - $790/year

Honestly for me it looks like it's just engine size that makes the difference instead of actual bike....I'm tempted to try the GSXR600 for kicks as the insurance is not much more than the CBR500R.

Have you considered the Rebel 500? Used pricing is on par with new for the most part as people are trying to recover most of their money...tax...PDI...and interest...

I guess living in the boonies really helps me with my insurance on my VFR800.

New rider this year M2
Was paying $1116 for the year,
Just got my renewal and am at $972/yr with Desjardins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess living in the boonies really helps me with my insurance on my VFR800. ...
Is based on your postal code, don't matter how far in the woods you live, if the people in your postal code cost them money everybody in that area gets dinged. Postal codes paint with a very wide brush so people in the rural areas pay the same as urban dwellers around these parts.

How does this make sense?
...also, what year VFR? For some reason, the 90's generations were quoted higher for me than the mid 2000's.
Sort of makes sense, if you consider some insurers purely go by the engine CC rather than the type of bike. For example: TD.

They quoted a naked 650 the same as a 600cc SS for me, couple years ago. Ended up paying half that with Intact.

Sort of makes sense, if you consider some insurers purely go by the engine CC rather than the type of bike. For example: TD.

They quoted a naked 650 the same as a 600cc SS for me, couple years ago. Ended up paying half that with Intact.

That explains why my R6 got a lower quote than my shadow from TD. It was the tipping point that made me pull the trigger.

To the OP, try Shadow phantom. Very cool middle weight cruiser(I'd even say it's light for a cruiser). It's not a ton of power, but it will easily do impoundable speeds, and it likes curvy roads(my peg bolts are ground off at a 45, and chicken strips are barely there at all). I have used 100% of this bikes performance with an ear to ear smile the whole time. My friend had a ninja 300(or maybe 250 but still, tried my bike and has wanted it ever since.

Here's a pic of them together
kHFgR54.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom