What's better in Ontario? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's better in Ontario?

BB722

So in Ontario is it better to:

Get into cars
or
Get into motorcycles
?

Obviously those that can do both have the best of both worlds.

If only there was a year round riding season lol

asking this at a bike forum?
cars are to get to work and haul kids
bikes are a hobby, for some a lifestyle
and you can't do much with performance car in winter either

Cars are a hobby/lifestyle for many tho, not just for getting to work and hauling kids, they can be both lol
awd cars are a blast in winter
So the question still sticks, what's better in this province if you had to pick one or the other?

asking this at a bike forum?
Ditto.
does-not-compute.jpg

Yep on a bike forum, Guessing more motorcyclists have experience with cars than the other way around. So what we ain't allowed to discuss anythin anymore? lol

I tossed my bike in May this year and so far dont miss it.. mind ya I got a car just as fast in the corners as most bikes and the soundtrack works just fine... snap crackle pop. Had the best summer ever blasting corners sipping starbucks and munching biscottis..lol
Nowadays with the traffic... lack of good roads and distance to get there...crazy drivers....extra popo attn...crazy high insurance rates... besides the bad hair..attgatt requirements...stifling heat ...increased risk ...can keep going ..so...IMO not worth taking garage space for the bike and nothin ado bout money.

So at this time a car makes more sense to me

F
L
A
M
E

A
W
A
Y
:diabloanifire::diabloanifire:

If you're asking for yourself then you should get into cars.

I tossed my bike in May this year and so far dont miss it.. mind ya I got a car just as fast in the corners as most bikes and the soundtrack works just fine... snap crackle pop. Had the best summer ever blasting corners sipping starbucks and munching biscottis..lol
Nowadays with the traffic... lack of good roads and distance to get there...crazy drivers....extra popo attn...crazy high insurance rates... besides the bad hair..attgatt requirements...stifling heat ...increased risk ...can keep going ..so...IMO not worth taking garage space for the bike and nothin ado bout money.

So at this time a car makes more sense to me

F
L
A
M
E

A
W
A
Y
:diabloanifire::diabloanifire:

cuirous what car you got to scratch that itch!?

cuirous what car you got to scratch that itch!?
Previously had a c63 but it scared the crap outta me in winter so traded it in for a AMGC43... its awd 60/40 rear dominant and got it tuned with downpipes... switch off tc and she drifts river road like a mofo. Never listen to the tunes she barks pops and bangs on the upshifts and the rev matching on the downshifting is glorious.

Interesting question. Cops and won't-someone-think-of-the-children types hate both. As a gearhead I like both; had a nice Mustang but over time got bored with it and it sat longer as I rode more and more. Both are expensive to insure in Ontario. I don't ride in ****** weather and I didn't take the car out in it either. Both were/are toys.

I feel like I have a good balance between the fair-weather only Tuono and a Subaru STi which gets driven year 'round. The hatch has tons of utility and is a hoot in the winter. It's also a good all around car in the summer. It's not "nice" nice like a GT-R would be but it's quick, looks good and sounds nice.

There are days when despite the weather being nice, I'll take the car to work because it's just "easier" and more appealing in traffic. Or perhaps I have something I need to pick up on the way home. Throw in the all-weather, all-year utility and it probably makes more sense to be "into" cars but I can't see giving up the Tuono any time soon.

Interesting question. Cops and won't-someone-think-of-the-children types hate both. As a gearhead I like both; had a nice Mustang but over time got bored with it and it sat longer as I rode more and more. Both are expensive to insure in Ontario. I don't ride in ****** weather and I didn't take the car out in it either. Both were/are toys.

I feel like I have a good balance between the fair-weather only Tuono and a Subaru STi which gets driven year 'round. The hatch has tons of utility and is a hoot in the winter. It's also a good all around car in the summer. It's not "nice" nice like a GT-R would be but it's quick, looks good and sounds nice.

There are days when despite the weather being nice, I'll take the car to work because it's just "easier" and more appealing in traffic. Or perhaps I have something I need to pick up on the way home. Throw in the all-weather, all-year utility and it probably makes more sense to be "into" cars but I can't see giving up the Tuono any time soon.
Love my subie too great little bombers and with the low center of gravity boxer very cabable in the corners

Cars are pretty cool. Depends what type of cars you get into though. Like a Camry isn't a replacement for any motorcycle...

Honestly, depending on how bad I get bent over after Aviva drops my policy next Spring, I'll might end up selling the bike and picking up an S-chassis. I really want to 2JZ swap something, I'm getting bored of V8's and need something that will make turbo noises lol

Like a Camry isn't a replacement for any motorcycle...

For sure. When saying "car or bike" I naturally assumed the OP was referring more to more performance-oriented cars rather than a Corolla, Camry or Yaris. One doesn't get "into" vehicles like this anymore than one gets "into" dishwashers or refrigerators. :)

Wife has a car I borrow. I have a bike. I use it for everything. Hopfully into December.

Not flaming but you sound like a snob. Biking clearly was never meant for you. Enjoy your Merc Benz instead.

Previously had a c63 but it scared the crap outta me in winter so traded it in for a AMGC43... its awd 60/40 rear dominant and got it tuned with downpipes... switch off tc and she drifts river road like a mofo. Never listen to the tunes she barks pops and bangs on the upshifts and the rev matching on the downshifting is glorious.
Rev matching on an automatic? How could that be any fun ... Nothing to do but just sit there. Hate that Mercedes doesn't sell stick shifts in NA.

Not flaming but you sound like a snob. Biking clearly was never meant for you. Enjoy your Merc Benz instead.
I have been riding 35 years and have always had a bike in garage or my shed. Snobbish ?... cause I drive a merc? Far from snob just regular construction lid here. Worked hard for my things.

Roadrash its the sound of the rev match ....like a sportbike with a nice pipe you just wanna hear that music all day and with multi clutch tech and the 9 speed tranny a manual seems pointless to me. IMO

BTW I will ride again soon just not a sportbike and not in this country.

I have been riding 35 years and have always had a bike in garage or my shed. Snobbish ?... cause I drive a merc? Far from snob just regular construction lid here. Worked hard for my things.

Roadrash its the sound of the rev match ....like a sportbike with a nice pipe you just wanna hear that music all day and with multi clutch tech and the 9 speed tranny a manual seems pointless to me. IMO

BTW I will ride again soon just not a sportbike and not in this country.
Haha my bad.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom