Look at this entitled rider | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Look at this entitled rider

He had to wipe my protest off his seat before he mounted his steed.
I saw him do it with a napkin from Mc.d's

wow, you're like real real tough!!! why not wait for him to come out and do it while he's watching? ohh thats right, its because you're a little *****

I know it might irk me, not sure what I'd do.
That being said....
I hate when people park in front of the store to run in and get smokes and block the laneway....and I may have been known to walk into a car with a stroller, repeatedly, when I asked the driver to move his car from where they were blocking the ramp and they refused. (it's ok if you think I'm an @$$ for this, I probably am.....)
It's been said many times before here about drivers feeling entitled...I would say that extends to most of society....and no, it's not my place to correct them, and I'd be less stressed if I let these things not bother me, but sometimes people need to be called out. Or I fear that society may well indeed turn into a cesspool of selfish self-entitled maggots.
Now I know that the only that I can really do is teach my kids to be respectful, but man I would love to sometimes give people five across the eyes.
Not saying whether @LowRider is right or wrong....just imho two wrongs don't make a right (although I don't usually follow my own damn advice).

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

I know this isn't exactly the same scenario, but in a lot of parts of the world congestion and over-crowding is a major issue. Double-parking and blocking laneways, etc is a regular occurrence. If someone is blocking you in, you toot your horn until they come out and move it. The flip-side to this is that people are cognizant they are blocking others and will respond in a timely fashion to move their car when they hear a horn outside.

It's still illegal, but because of the over-crowding, it's just generally accepted that this happens and nobody gets bent out of shape. Scooters and motorcycles go up on the sidewalk and everyone is happy because it frees the street parking for cars and larger vehicles.

In Italy, people park with their cars in neutral and their handbrake off. If you want to parallel-park into a tight spot you, you gently nudge the car in front of you and behind you to squeeze in. Nobody thinks this is unusual. In North America, this would be an instant lawsuit for property damage, mental anguish, cruelty to animals, involuntary manslaughter, etc.

Toronto is quickly becoming one of these over-crowded, congested cities. But the attitude towards what is morally acceptable is slow to change and doesn't reflect the reality of trying to get along with two million other vehicles on the streets.

At what point would it offend you? If it were parked right up against the subway exit? If there were an evacuation?
If it were a cage? Truck? Bus? If you had to move into moving traffic to get around it?

It's all where we draw the line. Is putting yourself above a dozen or so people, better than putting yourself above hundreds, thousands?

The basic principal is don't do stupid **** period.

None of those things were an issue in the incident.
If it did offend me.. I'd say something to the rider.
If it was blocking... I'd ask the rider to move it.. that I'll do it for him if he doesn't.
If the bike being there was a legitimate concern... spitting on the seat does nothing to resolve that concern.

I know it might irk me, not sure what I'd do.
That being said....
I hate when people park in front of the store to run in and get smokes and block the laneway....and I may have been known to walk into a car with a stroller, repeatedly, when I asked the driver to move his car from where they were blocking the ramp and they refused. (it's ok if you think I'm an @$$ for this, I probably am.....)
It's been said many times before here about drivers feeling entitled...I would say that extends to most of society....and no, it's not my place to correct them, and I'd be less stressed if I let these things not bother me, but sometimes people need to be called out. Or I fear that society may well indeed turn into a cesspool of selfish self-entitled maggots.
Now I know that the only that I can really do is teach my kids to be respectful, but man I would love to sometimes give people five across the eyes.
Not saying whether @LowRider is right or wrong....just imho two wrongs don't make a right (although I don't usually follow my own damn advice).

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

I'm all for calling people out, what i'm against is spitting on someones seat while they are not looking and they running off to hided, i'd be ashamed to tell someone if I had done something like that.
you got a problem with someone, wait for them to come out and give them an earful, but that takes a bit of guts, its much easier to spit on their seat and run away.

the guy parked on a HUGE sidewalk, probably not the most considerate thing to do, but really not the end of the world

I tend to be a snit about this sort of stuff but why is it significantly different from the lazy arse who parks in a fire lane while going into the bank when there's an open space fifty feet away.

How about the semi driver who blocks a lane because he needs to get a coffee or relieve himself of one? People that work in climate controlled offices with plumbing, lunch rooms and coffee machines need to get out of their cubicles once in a while. Timmies isn't going to put in parking for big rigs.

Has anyone looked at the legal way for the rider? Park a block away and pay $10.00 flat rate and walk back?

Sometimes you have to cut someone some slack. If the sidewalks were crowded it would be a different story.

Spitting is quite simply a white-trash response from someone who was raised like an animal with no class.

Spitting is quite simply a white-trash response from someone who was raised like an animal with no class.
So is leaving a vehicle on the sidewalk. Some of the people I know would walk in and grab the guy by the scruff of the neck, and walk him out to move it, others would simply push it over and carry on. I don't consider them to be any better than him, but I certainly wouldn't consider them to be any worse. I wouldn't do anything myself, but it would still piss me off. If it's not busy as someone has claimed, then why not park it on the road in front of the store? In any case if it's a Subway station, one minute there's nobody, and the next two trains full of people, more than half in the bag, are unloading . . .

So is leaving a vehicle on the sidewalk. Some of the people I know would walk in and grab the guy by the scruff of the neck, and walk him out to move it, others would simply push it over and carry on. I don't consider them to be any better than him, but I certainly wouldn't consider them to be any worse. I wouldn't do anything myself, but it would still piss me off. If it's not busy as someone has claimed, then why not park it on the road in front of the store? In any case if it's a Subway station, one minute there's nobody, and the next two trains full of people, more than half in the bag, are unloading . . .

Still doesn't change the fact that spitting is quite simply a white-trash response from someone who was raised like an animal with no class.

I can't believe this thread is still active.....
Some responses really demonstrate how stuck up people are in the GTA....pretty lame and why Toronto is the way it is.

Have fun the Sun is out!

Still doesn't change the fact that spitting is quite simply a white-trash response from someone who was raised like an animal with no class.

Doesn't change the fact, that they have to pay people to make up regulations, for the criminally stupid, who don't know how to behave in a social manner, and will just ignore such regulations anyways.

It's a bullying behaviour, much like the cage that turns left in front of an oncoming motorcycle slowly, as if to say "what you gonna do about it?", and hey, we now know what one guy will do about it.

It's not about being stuck up, it's about doing the right thing, and setting an example, even when no one else is watching.

Doesn't change the fact, that they have to pay people to make up regulations, for the criminally stupid, who don't know how to behave in a social manner, and will just ignore such regulations anyways.

It's a bullying behaviour, much like the cage that turns left in front of an oncoming motorcycle slowly, as if to say "what you gonna do about it?", and hey, we now know what one guy will do about it.

It's not about being stuck up, it's about doing the right thing, and setting an example, even when no one else is watching.

First off, you're comparing a minor inconvenience to a potential for serious injury.

Second, what's the example being set here?
If someone inconveniences you, you should wait until they walk away to vandalize their property?

Now if we're going to compare the two violating the laws/regulations, as far as I know, the rider committed a minor parking infraction, and while I'm not sure if there is a law that prohibits spitting on someone's property, I do know spitting on someone (in Canada) falls under the criminal code as assault.

Last edited:
The amount of people in this thread supporting this loser for spitting on somebody's motorcycle is pathetic. Just hang up your helmets and walk around the city waving your fingers at people for committing bylaw infractions all day. You'll feel so morally superior with that hobby.

Is this what you want to discuss on a motorcycle forum? Not a cool bike you saw. Not a fun road you found. Nope...somebody parked on the sidewalk and I'm outraged!

how come this one hasn't made it on here yet:
[video=youtube_share;fs_uesb_Eyg]https://youtu.be/fs_uesb_Eyg[/video]

Back
Top Bottom