Own Canadian marijuana stocks? Then you can't ride into the US. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Own Canadian marijuana stocks? Then you can't ride into the US.

Answer to second question, "No sir ..."

This should be your answer to every question.

I was crossing into the states on time to go to a concert (mistake #1, don't say you are going to a concert, that means you must have drugs) so I got sent to secondary inspection. There they were ****** that I had undeclared meat (an open package of beef jerky that was made in texas). Brains are not used in rule enforcement at the border.

I was crossing into the states on time to go to a concert (mistake #1, don't say you are going to a concert, that means you must have drugs) so I got sent to secondary inspection. There they were ****** that I had undeclared meat (an open package of beef jerky that was made in texas). Brains are not used in rule enforcement at the border.

If you cross to take a course you need a student visa but if it's a seminar you're OK. Or is it the other way around?

My old boss was stopped at the customs gate going into the US with a bag of oranges. He told them they were Florida oranges....the guard said "sorry you can't bring them through"....so my boss held up the customs line for 15 mins while he ate them.

I don't remember ever being asked about investments at the border before,crazy times imo.

We'd probably all be surprised about what information the customs agents see on their computers when they swipe your passport, check your licence plate, etc etc etc.

I've heard it's a lot.

I travel on a Nexus card, you are pretty throughly vetted in the processing. It's possibly going to get a bit tighter going forward.

They have a lot of info about you on hand from your passport # , and the ability to collect a lot more if they need it. It is what they are trained to do, since they are pretty used to every second customer trying to circumvent the system.

If you cross to take a course you need a student visa but if it's a seminar you're OK. Or is it the other way around?

Dunno, I went for a week long training course, didn't need a visa.

they know. we are slowly being enslaved. evil flourishes where good men do nothing.

I don't understand how they store digital data but in the good old days it was "Wow, 64 K". Now MB is nothing, GB a little more and TB can be had on a flash drive. Recovering data is limited more by the speed of of the searchers typing.

If the US government has access to Google data they know your every search including the kinky stuff. Unless encrypted, emails and texts are as confidential as a postcard.

If I go to the US for a work-related trip, the key phrase is "I am going to meet with a supplier". That would likely apply to a course/seminar as well. They like you sourcing things from the US. If you are going to meet with a customer, I have heard of people having more difficulty as they are stealing 'merican jobs.

Is this even possible?

"U.S. Border Officials Can Now Check Canadians Credit Card History And Ban You For Legal Marijuana Purchases"

https://www.mtlblog.com/us-border-o...ory-and-ban-you-for-legal-marijuana-purchases

It's our country and we can do whatever we please as long as it's legal. What's their problem? If we were carrying it across the border, then I understand the need for banning travelers. Plain rediculous.

Google purchased the history of everyone with a mastercard (theoretically anonymized but apparently not that hard to reverse engineer to individual people). If google can easily get this data, I don't see any obstacle to the US government having it (possibly even a non-anonymized version of the database).

Bingo !!!! Never been asked where I work , what my investments are etc etc . Questions I HAVE been asked ......Where was I born, where am I going , For how long. Have a nice day ! :)
I don't remember ever being asked about investments at the border before,crazy times imo.

Very friendly when you have a Nexus ...including shorter airport security and zip through the border both directions

I've been asked where I work, what I do, why two of us from the same company are in a car together, what is our relationship at work, do you have the vet paperwork for your dog, why are you going all the way to Ellicotteville for dinner, who owns the vehicle your driving, and are those your kids in the backseat/ wheres the mom.

And when you get pulled into secondary, they will take your smart phone and clone it on the US side and search your email / texts for key words if they think your crossing and "staying" or have something to hide. They can also access your social media, so the picture of you holding a tequila shot and passing the dutchie from the left hand side? guess what.....

Is this even possible?

"U.S. Border Officials Can Now Check Canadians Credit Card History And Ban You For Legal Marijuana Purchases"

https://www.mtlblog.com/us-border-o...ory-and-ban-you-for-legal-marijuana-purchases

It's our country and we can do whatever we please as long as it's legal. What's their problem? If we were carrying it across the border, then I understand the need for banning travelers. Plain rediculous.

seems really unlikely....but no doubt the potential is there
NSA has a DB on all of us
whether they will data mine that at the border is another question

As of this date, possession, use or sale of marijuana in Canada is still a criminal offence punishable by jail time. As of this date investing in marijuana growers is financing a criminal organization in Canada. Until October 17, it will stay that way and if the U.S. Border Patrol finds out you are engaging in criminal activity they are perfectly in their right to refuse you entry if they so desire.

I get the impression that Americans are also envious of the way Canadians are legalizing marijuana and turning it into an industry. So, they're retaliating. I don't own pot stocks or smoke the sht. Because it's sht and most of the money to be made has already been made. For those of you who bought stock, there's always Cuba - warm, cheap and America-free.

As of this date, possession, use or sale of marijuana in Canada is still a criminal offence punishable by jail time. As of this date investing in marijuana growers is financing a criminal organization in Canada. Until October 17, it will stay that way and if the U.S. Border Patrol finds out you are engaging in criminal activity they are perfectly in their right to refuse you entry if they so desire.

I get the impression that Americans are also envious of the way Canadians are legalizing marijuana and turning it into an industry. So, they're retaliating. I don't own pot stocks or smoke the sht. Because it's sht and most of the money to be made has already been made. For those of you who bought stock, there's always Cuba - warm, cheap and America-free.

Not sure where you got that idea from, but it's inaccurate. All of the companies traded on the exchanges are legal, licensed by the government(s).
For the majority of people that own or bought pot stocks.. most, if not all, of us on here... the US government won't know unless you tell them.. It's not an issue... IF you don't tell them.
And.. Don't buy weed with your credit card... or use your debit.. pay with cash. Not just for the US sake.. Why would you want your bank or credit company knowing your a pothead... wouldn't surprise me if they started factoring that into their assessments of people.

Other than the stock plays... legalization sucks!

.... Don't buy weed with your credit card... or use your debit.. pay with cash. Not just for the US sake.. Why would you want your bank or credit company knowing your a pothead...
lol ya and they probably already know if you're a drunk.

Not sure where you got that idea from, but it's inaccurate. All of the companies traded on the exchanges are legal, licensed by the government(s).
For the majority of people that own or bought pot stocks.. most, if not all, of us on here... the US government won't know unless you tell them.. It's not an issue... IF you don't tell them.
And.. Don't buy weed with your credit card... or use your debit.. pay with cash. Not just for the US sake.. Why would you want your bank or credit company knowing your a pothead... wouldn't surprise me if they started factoring that into their assessments of people.

Other than the stock plays... legalization sucks!

The stocks that are legal to purchase are in medical marijuana.

Back
Top Bottom