Own Canadian marijuana stocks? Then you can't ride into the US. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Own Canadian marijuana stocks? Then you can't ride into the US.

Lightcycle

Rounder of bolts, Dropper of tools
Site Supporter
https://www.thestar.com/news/cannab...s-customs-and-border-protection-official.html

Canadians with links to the nascent legal industry, including venture capitalist Sam Znaimer and the chief executive of a B.C. agricultural machinery company, have already been given lifetime entry bans.
[..]
Owen did not specify how much equity a Canadian has to hold in a cannabis company to be denied entry. Scott Bernstein, senior policy analyst at the Canadian Drug Policy Coalition, said he is troubled by the lack of clarity.

Elsewhere in the article, it's stated that US customs and immigration isn't planning to ask about investments, but it could come up in the course of other questioning.

Big brother is watching and knows a lot more than we think.My son in law switched universities mid way thru his education.A few years later he was given a very hard time entering the US because he was flagged as a dropout.Amazing what info is out there!

Yeah i really can't see that coming up as a question at the border.
Nationality?
Where you headed?
How long?
Any weapons?
...you own any weed stock?

Wow lol

I've always been an advocate of using the Google, Facebook, and other services fully knowing they are data mining and storing our personification virtually...hoping that we'd all be dead by the time if this is ever abused, or we never go down that slope.

Too late huh?

And gentlemen, they won't need to ask. They will know.

This is unfairly targetted at Canadians because of that ego maniac orange sh!tpile. They never had a problem with Netherlands.

Dispensary purchases listed on your credit card statement or a query into your investment portfolio could be a torpedo for crossing. A simple admission of trying it once 40 years ago would be enough.

As for me, **** the USA, there's plenty to be seen and experienced in Canada and the rest of the world.

This is unfairly targetted at Canadians because of that ego maniac orange sh!tpile. They never had a problem with Netherlands.

I have no clue wtf he is doing....

At this rate we're gonna become racist against USA lol

One more reason not to spend your $$ in the good 'ol USA.
I'm staying out until Trump is gone.

highly unlikely the average investor can be connected to an MJ stock purchase
mine are bought/sold through my bank's online brokerage service
I have no stock certificates, paper or electronic, cannot vote the shares
they hold them on my behalf....high profile institutional investors may have cause for worry
at the border, the answer is no to everything, never had an issue
and sure that orange imbecile needs to go, but I still like to travel in the US
can't blame all 300 million of them because 50 or so had their heads up their arse

Dispensary purchases listed on your credit card statement or a query into your investment portfolio could be a torpedo for crossing. A simple admission of trying it once 40 years ago would be enough.

As for me, **** the USA, there's plenty to be seen and experienced in Canada and the rest of the world.
but..b...b..but NASCAR!?
:lmao:

Adding "Are you involved in supporting the legalized marijuana industry in Canada?" to the questioning checklist is trivial. Is it petty? Irrational? A waste of resources? That hasn't proven an impediment to global leadership lately, even on much more serious issues. We know smartphones are 24/7 surveillance devices rarely more than a meter distant, devices that capture private movements, moments, thoughts and transactions. Databases are bought, sold and compromised on a regular basis Even a successful lie can be archived for later examination.

highly unlikely the average investor can be connected to an MJ stock purchase
mine are bought/sold through my bank's online brokerage service
I have no stock certificates, paper or electronic, cannot vote the shares
they hold them on my behalf....high profile institutional investors may have cause for worry
at the border, the answer is no to everything, never had an issue
and sure that orange imbecile needs to go, but I still like to travel in the US
can't blame all 300 million of them because 50 or so had their heads up their arse

ohhh.... thats how the king pins do it....thx for the heads up. shhh

It's the sign of the times . Anytime people don't like something blame it on Trump . Yet the law was there long before he got in .

I saw one article that acknowledged the issue of mutual funds and ETFs (huge investment vehicles in Canada) where the investor portfolio may have a related investment in it, as well as investment changes over time. I doubt people have deep dove their mutual fund and ETF portfolio investments stock by stock. Bizarre times we live in.

It's the sign of the times . Anytime people don't like something blame it on Trump . Yet the law was there long before he got in .
True, but I've seen it well reported that Trump has given marching orders on notably stronger border enforcement (in every way). We're seeing the results of that trickle down across the spectrum.

Sure the law may have existed all this time, but IMO, it's not a coincidence that it's being strictly enforced now and Canada is being singled out. This ones on Trump, because Canada seems to be in his way.

they are targeting whales not fish, blacklisted is a BC equipment supplier that made millions in pot production and millionaire pot growers not "freddy two joints" , however the law will be dumbed down to the lowest common denomenator.

Border agents will have sport with this, ' have any marijuna in your possesion?'.... ' no I left it at home sir' .. ' so you possess pot at home??' ... 'Oppps"

While a big sweeping broom of a rule, a lot of dum dums will get turned home trying to be clever or underestimating how much they know/ have acess to find out about you should they choose.

Back
Top Bottom