Garage door spring repair | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Garage door spring repair

You did well with that price.

I used him for the quick service and difficulty sourcing the springs quickly for DIY. It was a little longer for me, called one evening and fixed before I got home from work the next day. It is good to know that his pricing is good as well. Two hours from phone call to fixed is awesome.

If you had to increase down force as well as up force, that's a binding problem, not strictly a tired spring problem (although it could be caused by one spring carrying a disproportionate load.

How heavy does the door feel when you move it manually?

I can lift the door manually with 1 finger...

So my adjusting bars are at my parents and my garage needed a bit more spring dialed in. 3/8" ratchet extensions work in a pinch. I would recommend putting a few together so you have 2 bars ~12" long (or longer but you don't want too many joints as adjusting with a wet noodle is no fun). The stainless bars I normally use are much better (better fit in hole, no flex, longer etc) but the extensions got the job done.

Is Moga’s contact number 416-657-4110?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Is Moga’s contact number 416-657-4110?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
Pm sent

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Oldish post but 250 seems to be a great deal...my spring snapped last month and I had no idea what it would cost. Happened on a Saturday night and I wasn't able to wait until Monday, the local "emergency" service was there within an hour to fix it. Maybe that's why the guy charged me 450 all in including new wires.

He didn't even buy me a drink or kiss me first

for folks that haven't played with a roll up door spring, be REALLY careful with the tension. Its a lot more than you expect and there are a lot of guys around with smashed fingers that underestimated the tension.
Go to metal supermarket and get some pcs of 7/16 or 1/2 drill rod and grind a nice taper till it fits nicely in the hub holes and wont slip out.

Back
Top Bottom