Muskoka Eats - recommedations? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Muskoka Eats - recommedations?

justride

You guys know any decent place to have lunch in these places Huntsville, Rosseau, Port Carling or Bala that highlights the beautiful surroundings . Little bit on a budget so nothing fancy. There probably be around 7 of us going up this weekend , so it will be kind of a hang out rather than just focusing on riding. thanks and see you guys up there!

edit. on Sept 17th
For your info. Boston Pizza (Gravenhurst) is closed down for renovation. Since it's off season, restaruants / stores might have differen't opeaning hours. It maybe wise to call ahead.
Thanks for the reccomendation sbelow, didn't get try them this time but will difinitely keep them in mind.

Last edited:
The large place in Rosseau, "Crossroads" is worth trying. Maybe a few extra bucks but you're eating and feeling like a human being with full service on the patio or inside the restaurant after being in the saddle for hours. I couldn't finish my smoked meat on rye with fries so they wrapped up the rest to-go. It was too good to let any go to waste. I just checked the menu and it's $18 but then I've gone to chip wagons that want $15 for a cheeseburger, fries & drink combo you share at a picnic table with the flies and the dust.

Would also suggest Crossroads - great view, good food, nice service and fair prices for what you get.
There is also a newer, good sit down pizza place at the top of Southwood road called Pie.
Get reservations for either place.
If you make up to the 518, there is a nice bakery in Orville.

Would also suggest Crossroads - great view, good food, nice service and fair prices for what you get.
There is also a newer, good sit down pizza place at the top of Southwood road called Pie.
Get reservations for either place.
If you make up to the 518, there is a nice bakery in Orville.

+ for Pie. Started in Barrie. A few around now. Get the Slow and Low!

There's a fry place near Port Carling. They have all day brekkie. The portions are large and reasonably priced.
I'll find out the name.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Orrville bakery, good pulled pork sandwich. Get a butter tart.

Rosseau, Crossroads is good, Rosseau bakery has good pizza, can buy slices as well, take it down to the park for a scenic lunch on the lake, chip truck is pretty half decent as well.

I haven’t been yet, but Abbeys bake house in Port Sandfield/Minett is highly recommended, they have another location in Port Carling as well.

Last edited:
Turtle Jacks or Grand Electric in Port Carling. Both have a great view as they are right on the lake. Never been to Grand Electric but friends have and recommend. Turtle Jacks is decent, good value and I found the prices are fair. Been several times and never left disappointed. Getting to and from there is fun too. I like hwy 118 and 169.

Whatever you choose, head to The Bakery in Gravenhurst at some point. Their Bear Claws are pretty awesome!

Last edited:
My favourites in the area:

Steirerhut Restaurant Schnitzel House (Sunridge) - Bit out of the way but the food is totally worth it. Amazing schnitzel/Austrian food and the owner is very nice and welcoming. Great coffee and strudel too! The building is over 100 years old and has some history.

Wolff's Den Cafe (Gravenhurst) - On the boardwalk right on Lake Muskoka's south side. Great bratwurst, beer and desserts. Nice breakfast too.

The Old Station Restaurant (Bracebridge) - It's downtown (no Lake views) but the food is really good. They have a bit of everything on the menu.

Turtle Jacks is a nice place to drink. The food is decent as well.

We were up in this area this past weekend,
Pie...there's 2 of them up there.
One as Shane mentioned at the end of #13 but there's also one further north up in Minett.
https://goo.gl/maps/mBnq9Sni9rB2
The one in Minett is right on the water and we stopped in for a cold beer.
Nobody was hungry and that's too bad cause the Pie looked great.

IMG_20180915_144646.jpg

IMG_20180915_144654.jpg

For those of you that have had Pie at more than one location, do you find the quality consistent? My sis raved about one iirc in Oshawa, but then wasn't happy with one in Collingwood. Been thinking of trying the one here in Vaughan.
And thanks to all the contributors to this thread. Already planning some Muskoka food stops!

For those of you that have had Pie at more than one location, do you find the quality consistent? My sis raved about one iirc in Oshawa, but then wasn't happy with one in Collingwood. Been thinking of trying the one here in Vaughan.
And thanks to all the contributors to this thread. Already planning some Muskoka food stops!

I've been to the one in Barrie a dozen times. We have found inconsistencies at the same location. Seems the amount of toppings they put on the pie drop the more busy the place is. Thats been our experience.

Back
Top Bottom