Endy mattress anyone? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Endy mattress anyone?

There’s a bunch of these memory foam mattresses. We sent something similar back because we have a very cool (temperature) bedroom and that means the foam stays hard and doesn’t soften easily. This isn’t an issue if you keep the temp warm.

Costco also has a nice one. Cheaper in store than online. You can take it back even a year later.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

If it's a memory foam mattress I've had one for well over a decade. I like the firmness, it firms up in cool weather as mentioned but that extra firm feel is my favorite over the more spongy warm weather feel. The issue though is that memory foam is a heat trap. That's not an issue for some people, it's a big issue for other people. It's an issue for me unfortunately. This characteristic is well known which is why some newer premium memory foam options have air pockets, gel, etc. I've had to add an extra thick down feather underpad to make the mattress less hot. My next mattress won't be memory foam.

All I know is it's super cheap and you can use it for 100 days free and then say no if you dont like it.

Mattresses are just so damn expensive.

I have yet to stay in a quality hotel where the mattresses (a little piece of heaven) are made of memory foam.

You will spend between 25% & 50% of your life sleeping in your bed. Spend a little $$ on the comfort of sleeping on a proper mattress with really good topper or pad. Invest in a quality pillow, sheets and comforter as well! The only disadvantage is you may not want to get out of bed in the morning to go to work.

Paging @PrivatePilot
He did a bunch of research last year and ended up with a memory foam mattress, don't recall which.
I recently won a Cloud mattress. Tried it in store. I loved it wife hated it. Guess who still has their old mattress?
KW, that heat issue may be a problem for some (including me). But the more expensive matts seem to address that issue. I bought a cooling memory foam pillow. Seems to be working well.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

We tried a foam mattress decades back and didn't like the heat. It also lost its memory and I ended up sleeping in a valley.

We have a pillow top now and the wife loves it. Me not as much.

Im into my 2nd year on an Endy mattress. So far so good. Its middle ground not too hard and not to soft.
It is decent for the price range it sits in.

I have yet to stay in a quality hotel where the mattresses (a little piece of heaven) are made of memory foam.

You will spend between 25% & 50% of your life sleeping in your bed. Spend a little $$ on the comfort of sleeping on a proper mattress with really good topper or pad. Invest in a quality pillow, sheets and comforter as well! The only disadvantage is you may not want to get out of bed in the morning to go to work.

This is totally true too. Can’t think of a single hotel I’ve stayed in with a memory foam mattress.

I dont often sleep in hotels but when sleeping at nice ones i do get good sleep and am much more comfortable...

Anyone here have an endy mattress or know someone who does?

What do you think of it?
I have had one for close to two years. I also had a novosbed before that. They're both great. I found the novosbed to be more comparable to tempurpedic... Much more dense.

The endy is great! Extremely comfortable. I did prefer the density of the novosbed however.... Like in the commercials where you can still see your handprint for a couple seconds after you move it.

The Endy isn't like that.... It all springs back right away.

But that is just personal preference.

Sent from my SM-T813 using GTAM mobile app

As a foam manufacturer I can say the Endy bed and its competitors are decent offerings. Comfort is subjective but they all make products that fit the majority and this isn't rocket science. The 100 night trial is really a great way to inspire purchasing confidence. The only way you are going to know if you like it is to sleep on it for weeks. Take advantage of the trial offers regardless of who makes the mattress.

Foam will sleep warmer than a traditional spring mattress simply because there is less air flow. Foam will also be more supportive over a longer period of time as it simply bears more load evenly compared to a spring mattresses. Do not forget that the primary source of comfort of all mattresses is the foam layer. Comparing billions of cells supporting body weight and delivering comfort is much different than hundreds of coils unevenly supporting body weight. Mattress manufacturing is a really simple and inexpensive process. The marketing is not. Drinking the Kool-Aid is up to you.

If you find it comfortable after you have really used it then it is comfortable regardless of what is used to make it. Expecting a mattress to last 20 years isn't a reality either. That part is up to you but figure a decent mattress is going to give you 5 - 10 years depending on usage and body weight.

Poster above commented on a foam mattress he had decades ago and he slept in a valley...happens on all mattresses and pillow top mattresses are the worst for this - they just hide it a bit better. The foam quality has improved by miles compared to where it was decades ago and foam used in pillow tops is usually of the cheaper variety where cells break down quicker and lose the ability to recover.

The latest innovation of memory foam (traditionally a wicked heat trap) is also much better. Memory foam today is much more breathable and is cooler. Still warmer than a spring mattress but not as hot as previous versions.

Knowing what I know about foam - and I value a good nights sleep just like anyone else - I can say with absolute confidence that I would only ever buy a foam mattress.

BTW, I am VERY familiar with the Endy product and build quality. $850.00 CAD for a queen mattress delivered to your door is a very fair price.

Thanks for the great post. My bed now is a good 7+years old and cost me over 2k I'm pretty sure. I dont want to spend that much again and I want a bed I can try out to see if it works so to me the endy seems legit. I think there are several companies that do this ship in a box and trial for 100 days thing...

@JZ67 can you try and sell my wife on that? Please?? Lol
Thanks for that detailed post.
And thanks for the tip...gonna stay away from the $4k foam matts.
Gonna make me fight harder for a memory foam mattress.

@JZ67 can you try and sell my wife on that? Please?? Lol
Thanks for that detailed post.
And thanks for the tip...gonna stay away from the $4k foam matts.
Gonna make me fight harder for a memory foam mattress.

You're welcome.

People love to be sold a mattress. They love the stories and the hoopla. Something so simple has been made so convoluted. The only one that can tell you how comfortable your mattress is is you. Doesn't matter if it is made from chicken feathers or cement as long as you get a sound sleep.

How do you convince your wife? Order an Endy or a Casper or whatever and try it out. Ask her to give it a fair shot. Put the perceptions aside and give it a go. Once you go foam, you will never roam.

Our online retail division also sells the bed in a box option. We have several very good options that are only available online to friends and family. Send me a PM and I will send you an invitation code. The mattresses are really good but we don't have the same 100 night trial option, which is a mistake in my opinion but our primary business model is to supply the Endy's of the world and not the end user.

Last edited:
@JZ67 that is an incredibly gracious offer, but I don't want you to waste a code on me. My wife, if she agrees to even try the mattress, will probably only do it with the 100 night option. But, the offer is very much appreciated!
Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I won a Bloom Cloud mattress last month. We went to the store so she could lay on it prior to delivery. She said she didn't like it. I told her that she has to sleep on it to give it a chance. My MIL is getting the mattress delivered to her tomorrow. From the company. It's not even gonna see my house.

@JZ67 that is an incredibly gracious offer, but I don't want you to waste a code on me. My wife, if she agrees to even try the mattress, will probably only do it with the 100 night option. But, the offer is very much appreciated!
Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I won a Bloom Cloud mattress last month. We went to the store so she could lay on it prior to delivery. She said she didn't like it. I told her that she has to sleep on it to give it a chance. My MIL is getting the mattress delivered to her tomorrow. From the company. It's not even gonna see my house.

No worries, I understand and that is why I mentioned it. She really should have at least tried sleeping on the mattress. It was free FFS. All those marketing dollars at work right there.

BTW peeps, Friends and family codes are unlimited. If you want one just ask. We also sell custom cut foam and pillows online as well.

Our entry level offerings are very similar to the Endy product but we also have better options as well. By better, I mean made with better quality foam products

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Back
Top Bottom