Radioworld sucks. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Radioworld sucks.

cycling

Site Supporter
I used to be a faithful customer. Lately, when I go there to get small items they are not interested. I usually go midweek when it is not busy.
Wanted a couple of cradle holders for a Garmin Zumo 395 and the same for a Garmin Nuvi 40.

Do not have it in stock. Not so much as let me see if I can get that for you.
That's fine with me. Customer Service is useless. No wonder more and more people go to Amazon and the like.
I prefer to go to local stores to support them. Done with Radioworld.

Strange. The last few times that I was there (last year) they didn't have stock for what I wanted and the guy offered to search it.
He called me the next day to let me know he could get all the stuff and even ordered it without a deposit.
Maybe you got a new person/ someone that DGAF?

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Hi Joe.
That was not the first time that has happened to me. I would have thought that company policy was to help the customer to keep us happy.

When I post a review it is not a first time event, everybody gets a chance. Radioworld it was not the first time for me. If you include the horrendous traffic in the area I was still going to Radioworld to support local business.
Ordered from Amazon.ca. Be here next week and cheaper. Only a few of dollars. No hassles.
When a company, like Radioworld, sells an item. (Gps) they should have the accessories in stock. That`s good business.

I personally have not had an issue there, have always had someone willing to help me. I wasn't looking for gps stuff though, I was looking for antennas etc. My last time there I did witness a guy standing there looking for help and the guy working with me was motioning to two other guys to come over and help him. He actually said ' I guess they are on another 2 hour break'.

I've always gotten good, friendly service there. It's staffed by a bunch of science-club nerds!

I have only been there twice and the service was mixed, good and weird. First time I was just taking it all in. I found the parts I needed for the RAM mount but they didn't have the iphone tray, which they offered to order. Came in and they phoned me, great. But by that time I decided on another route and didn't need it, no problem for them. That was good. Second time I went to get a garmin GPS. I was curious what was different between the different models. The guy didn't know anything and said they are all the same. I pointed out a couple things and he just stared back at me blankly. Also while all this was going on he was more interested in something else going on in the store, he was constantly looking past me, I turned around to see what the hell it was, and it was nothing. Very annoying, I bit my tongue trying not to say anything. That was weird.

I've had mixed results there too. Times that they do a great job and other times I felt invisible.

I've had mostly good experiences there, I did get a long dissertation once, on rules about marine VHF/SSB radio and how I needed to be certified to operate one. Even after I told him I was certified by Transport Canada he carried on about the rules. It was odd but I imagine he gets 200 fisherman a week that think its like a Smokey Bandit CB radio thing.
Otherwise decent prices and help.

I used to be a faithful customer. Lately, when I go there to get small items they are not interested. I usually go midweek when it is not busy.
Wanted a couple of cradle holders for a Garmin Zumo 395 and the same for a Garmin Nuvi 40.

Do not have it in stock. Not so much as let me see if I can get that for you.
That's fine with me. Customer Service is useless. No wonder more and more people go to Amazon and the like.
I prefer to go to local stores to support them. Done with Radioworld.

It sure does, I avoid that place like the plague, I deal with Durham Radio or buy online, radioworld is way to expensive.

electronics are a commodity
can't think of a single reason to deal bricks and mortar
they add zero value to the transaction

electronics are a commodity
can't think of a single reason to deal bricks and mortar
they add zero value to the transaction

In the recent past, supporting bricks and mortar was the best way to access accessories quickly. Shipping on low value items can still cost a disproportionate percentage. Amazon is slowly chipping away at that problem too.

Back
Top Bottom