Electronic Problems | GTAMotorcycle.com

Electronic Problems

-Maverick-

Anyone having them this season? I fried two ECU's in two separate vehicles! I see a bunch of guys looking for ECU's on my other motorcycle forums. It's been so hot with solar storms as well, which have geomagnetic effects on our planet (and sensitive electronics). Just wondering if anyone else has experienced any electrical / electronic issues / problems?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Not since I stopped riding Yamahas. ECU failure is often caused by jump starting a bike, or by using one of those high-amp high-speed battery chargers while the battery is still connected to the bike. Always disconnect the battery from the bike when fast-charging. The low-amp battery maintainers are safe. Struck by lightning? Not likely.

Anyone having them this season? I fried two ECU's in two separate vehicles! I see a bunch of guys looking for ECU's on my other motorcycle forums. It's been so hot with solar storms as well, which have geomagnetic effects on our planet (and sensitive electronics). Just wondering if anyone else has experienced any electrical / electronic issues / problems?

Hot with solar storms? The sun is currently entering the solar minimum, IIRC. Sunspot activity (which is often responsible for CMEs and solar flares) is unusually quiet. Earlier this year, there were no visible sunspots for 37 consecutive days, if reports were accurate. The excessive amount of heat, rain and humidity this summer are the more likely culprits. Hopefully they were under warranty.

Nope and I boost my vehicles off of running cars all the time.

I am having electronic problems at the moment. Bike is not charging my battery. Either Stator or Regulator/Rectifier. Fingers crossed not a wiring problem as those can take lots of time to find the culprit.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom