Broke down on 50. Between Ridge road and 8. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Broke down on 50. Between Ridge road and 8.

cycling

Site Supporter
Pulled over for a quick break. Put the kickstand down which broke, throwing me into the road. No big deal except a car had to take quick evasive action to avoid running over the top of me.
Lady got out to see if I was OK. Yes. Offered to help in any way that she could. What a sweetheart.
I know that this road is very popular with us bikers. Never-the-less I couldn`t have meet nicer people.
People include fellow bikers, cagers, runners. Locals came out from their houses. We could have started a BBQ. Lol.The whole gambit.
Thank you all that stopped to help. Including the bloke on a large Harley. Helped me lean it on a street sign. Thank you. Sorry, I am not very good at remembering names.
Yesterday, was such a wonderful day for me because of their kindness.

Even called the Police to park behind the bike with flashing lights. Which they did.

Even though CAA took 5 friggin hours to get to me. I must have called them 15 to 20 times for arrival times. Each time they lied. Be there in 11 minutes 60 minutes and so on.
When they did arrive I was lucky as he is a biker and understood my frustration.

What is the moral of this story....

Even though it is ridden by bikers, noisy pipes etc., they still offered to do anything to help me.
Was given water, fruit, moral support. I think CAA lost a few customers.
Had offers to store the bike in their garage, stay the night.
What an amazing group of human beings.

If you see a fellow on a Segway with one wheel wave give him the thumbs up. Or anybody on that road.

So, we're all wondering - which Ducati did you snap the stand off? :p Why did that require CAA?

So, we're all wondering - which Ducati did you snap the stand off? :p Why did that require CAA?

Diavel 2012. Carbon red.

Snapped the kickstand and also the gear change linkage. When the first Diavel first came out in 2011 it was common to find your bike on the ground.

Finally some good news on our roads around the GTA. Thx for sharing!

Sent from the Moon!

bad deal about the bike, rest of the story is great

Thanks mate. I always stay positive.

John the Service Manager at Peninsula Sports called me at least 12 times as to when I would show up there. Which was way too late.

Bike is there now. will get it back within a few days.

For me it was really great experience. A small inconvenience. I can spend time on the Mountain bike.

Thanks everybody for your positive comments. What a nice bunch of people we are. You, you and you,

Last edited:
Im very familiar with that area as I live just off 50 by the lake. were you at the top, mid way on the hill, or that stretch closer to 8?

Im very familiar with that area as I live just off 50 by the lake. were you at the top, mid way on the hill, or that stretch closer to 8?

Closer to 8. Three quarters of the way downhill. I was travelling South. Having passed Po Po at the usual hidden side road.

Heard from my Dealership (Peninsula Imports) and they have been talking about the recall with Ducati North. All is good Ducati have paid for labour, parts etc.
Phew. No hassle.

Love the attitude you have towards your experience. Sucks about CAA, but the rest seems really positive, all things considered

Love the attitude you have towards your experience. Sucks about CAA, but the rest seems really positive, all things considered

Thank you, "tricky"
I like to leave a positive attitude when dealing with cagers, general public because we not all a bunch of hooligans. To which they returned with kindness. Happy memories.
Except the CAA. Seems as though I have no other choice but to renew with CAA. "Sigh"

For folks looking for alternatives to CAA...

Forget it.......out of date!

They also list competitors you might consider looking into.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad it all worked out, and it was an otherwise positive experience. I only chuckle with Ducati. Such gorgeous and expensive motorbikes - and yet that crack team of Italian Engineers can't figure out how to make a kickstand.

Back
Top Bottom