Are the deals GPbikes offer at the motorcycle show (in Feb) worth the wait? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are the deals GPbikes offer at the motorcycle show (in Feb) worth the wait?

NightShark

I have a few things on my list that I will likely purchase from GPbikes but I've never checked them out at the motorcycle show so I'm not sure how good their deals are. I know they have the no tax events sometimes, are the motorcycle show deals better than that? Also keeping in mind that the gear I want are relatively newer gear so I'm not looking for clearance items. So I guess that would be another question if deals on the latest model gear even exist?

Thanks for any help!

they arent worth it. just buy off fortnine.ca

Not too sure about the shows, but they do have good sales on their website from time to time. That coupled with their No-HST events result in some solid deals.

You could also use coupon code '2018CAT1" for 10% off. This does not stack with the No-HST sale.

If you find a better price, tell them (GP) and they usually will match it. I have done this a few times.

sometimes they're cheaper thank Fortnine as well. The Bell transition visor for the Star line was almost $50 cheaper at GP when they came out

Fortnine is good, but if you need to try anything on to find sizing then brick and mortar is best.

All the staff at GP I have dealt with are great.

I heard the no tax event from GP Bikes doesn't include every item and most of Dainese products. Is this true? I'm looking to purchase a few Dainese items.

went to the Feb Supershow with a friend
I wanted a helmet, he wanted boots
GP carried them both, but no proper sizes at the show

both of us ended up going back to the store
separately, over the next month or so and they had inventory to try on
price was the same as the show

so from that experience, have to say it doesn't matter
they do put on sales regularly, and the show price is no different

went to the Feb Supershow with a friend
I wanted a helmet, he wanted boots
GP carried them both, but no proper sizes at the show

both of us ended up going back to the store
separately, over the next month or so and they had inventory to try on
price was the same as the show

so from that experience, have to say it doesn't matter
they do put on sales regularly, and the show price is no different

so it's just sales like they normally do throughout the year? Do they do the no tax event during the show? I'm wondering if the no tax event is my best bet and I should just wait for the next one vs waiting for the show.

so it's just sales like they normally do throughout the year? Do they do the no tax event during the show? I'm wondering if the no tax event is my best bet and I should just wait for the next one vs waiting for the show.
One just passed on the Labour day Saturday. May do another for Thanksgiving or end of season? May be worth giving em a call.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

OP the Feb and March/ April shows are just average for GP deals. Historically, the Jan show is where they bring a ton of stuff and have better deals. But as most have said, they will usually still do the deals in store.
So if you are already planning on going to the show, or live in the west end do that.
Otherwise, just go to GP.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

I heard the no tax event from GP Bikes doesn't include every item and most of Dainese products. Is this true? I'm looking to purchase a few Dainese items.

During one of there similar sales earlier in the year I ask about this. They said they cannot advertise some brands qualifying for no sales tax. But quietly still do it. Best to go in person and check the brand you are interested in.

can't really say, but my friend and I got the same price in the store well after the show
and like others have said, it's a really well run business, always an enjoyable visit

They used to exclude Klim and Dainese, but the past few sales have included them. Bought my Klim gloves in February with no tax.

It really all depends on what you are looking for. The last 2 shows GP bikes shut down there store and moved everything to the show. They offered 25% off everything and had some blowout items.
If are looking for a 1 piece or 2 piece suit (and want new not used) I would wait as you'd save a pretty good penny.
GP bikes does match online stores such as Fortnine.
There are 2 shows...the one in January "Supershow" and another one in spring. Supershow is the one you'd want to go to.
Hope this helps.

It really all depends on what you are looking for. The last 2 shows GP bikes shut down there store and moved everything to the show. They offered 25% off everything and had some blowout items.
If are looking for a 1 piece or 2 piece suit (and want new not used) I would wait as you'd save a pretty good penny.
GP bikes does match online stores such as Fortnine.
There are 2 shows...the one in January "Supershow" and another one in spring. Supershow is the one you'd want to go to.
Hope this helps.

Fantastic. Excellent info. I will hold off until the Jan show and if no luck there, I'll wait for the next no-tax event as a last resort. Thanks!

The January show is going to have your best deals and selection, by far. GP is closed for 5 days, I think they bring almost the entire store.
I think GP is very competitive to the online stores. To have a brick and mortar store where people can go to, try on helmets and jackets costs a lot more than having a warehouse where you just ship items out of. The expense of running a store like that is so much more. The store is huge and the selection is great. I for one will pay a little more for that convenience. I'm old, I have seen too many motorcycle shops close.

I know they used to give 20% off coupons at the shows so that you can use it at the store at any point in time as well....it's been a while since I went so not sure if that's still the case.

Back
Top Bottom