Are the deals GPbikes offer at the motorcycle show (in Feb) worth the wait? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are the deals GPbikes offer at the motorcycle show (in Feb) worth the wait?

I know they used to give 20% off coupons at the shows so that you can use it at the store at any point in time as well....it's been a while since I went so not sure if that's still the case.
They're usually in the promotional book that they give out. Always helpful because of the bag you get with it!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

There's a fee to get into the show??
Remember to add the $20 you paid to get into the show to any 'deals' you get there!

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

if i remember correctly, gtam forum gives away free tickets to the show. so keep an eye out when we get closer to the show. the give-away is simliar to radio show call in contest. ie the 70th member to repeat EXACTLY and ONLY what is requested, nothing more nothing less, wins.

Last edited:
if i remember correctly, gtam forum gives away free tickets to the show. so keep an eye out when we get closer to the show. the give-away is simliar to radio show call in contest. ie the 70 member to repeat EXACTLY and ONLY what is requested, nothing more nothing less, wins.

that's correct! I won a pair last year. :)

Anyone know if there's a way to find out the order shipping tracking number for GP bikes ? Order is shipped, but there is no tracking info available online (none that I can find). Will call tomorrow.

Last edited:
never on the stuff I need
The last truck-load sale I picked out a few items I might like from their on-line flyer. Went to the store only to find nothing in stock that I was interested in. "Oh we can order it in" bull ****. Why advertise if it's not being stocked? Walked out without buying **** from them. I found the bike show usually has what I need. The flyer bait and switch tactic is getting a little old. Same thing happened today at crappy tire. Happy Apexes.

IMO, 3 best retailers for motorcycle related stuff are bayside performance (reliable but not very user friendly website), fortnine (fast & decent website to navigate) & gpbikes (no tax deals & good for browsing).
Never had any luck at bike shows.

The last truck-load sale I picked out a few items I might like from their on-line flyer. Went to the store only to find nothing in stock that I was interested in. "Oh we can order it in" bull ****. Why advertise if it's not being stocked? Walked out without buying **** from them. I found the bike show usually has what I need. The flyer bait and switch tactic is getting a little old. Same thing happened today at crappy tire. Happy Apexes.

The store is supplied by a huge distribution centre...just because items are not stocked in store, don't mean they dont have it...
I went to the store, found and tried the gear i liked, but didnt like the colour...ordered everything online and thats it...free shipping and no HST.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I've been on this site too long because I was wondering when this question was going to pop-up again for the 2019 show season!

I probably have a different approach to gear vs most other people in that I don't really care if I get the best price possible. I bought my jacket back in 2004 and am still happy with it to this day. If you're buying quality gear it lasts forever, so I'd recommend paying more attention to the fit (does it have a little extra room for the lbs that 99% of us are destined to put on?). Is it a trendy style/flashy style that won't age well? Is it the same colour as your bike? (if it is then by all means worry about the cost because it probably won't match your next bike!) Same for me and helmets. I buy a helmet that fits well, is super comfortable and is almost always grey so it doesn't look weird on any bike. I could care less if it has the latest aerodynamics, I ride on the road, not at Donington Park. I don't care if it is bluetooth compatible or has a place to mount my camera. I'm going to keep it at least 5yrs too, so over the life of the gear, saving a few bucks doesn't matter as much as making sure its the "right" gear.

Also, I like being able to try gear on so I'd say buy from GP over F9 even if the price isn't as good (as long as it's close) and keep a bricks and mortar open. Otherwise you'll have to order everything just to try it on and find out you don't like it.

Also, I like being able to try gear on so I'd say buy from GP over F9 even if the price isn't as good (as long as it's close) and keep a bricks and mortar open. Otherwise you'll have to order everything just to try it on and find out you don't like it.

GP Will match F9, just fyi!

Back
Top Bottom