Pro-rated payments provided through Riders Plus? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pro-rated payments provided through Riders Plus?

Suda

Extremely new to riding and decided to cave and insure my new motorcycle. However, from what I understand, the riding season is coming to a close. I definitely want to squeeze in a bit of riding to retain what I've learnt through my 2-day course.

For those who are currently with Riders Plus (or any other insurance companies but I'm specifically looking at Riders Plus since it has the lowest quoted rate for a new rider like myself), what is the payment plan like? I would call and ask, however their offices are currently closed. Are the payments pro-rated or a flat rate over the entire year?

Last edited:
Total premium divided by 6. I believe there's a small interest or convenience charge for that. You can also pay full amount up front.

I am currently insured under TD. I have 6 pay periods in a calendar year, each payment being "double" the amount if you were to break it down monthly. I pay $212 a month April-Sept and nothing from Oct-Mar ($1272 annually). It is good, but sucks at the same time. I don't like paying double payments for 6 months, but it is nice that in off season I am not paying for insurance when the bike is in winter storage.

You already paid for insurance in the off season. I just changed my ins, payments to lump sum. Saves the monthly hassle.

You already paid for insurance in the off season. I just changed my ins, payments to lump sum. Saves the monthly hassle.
I wish all insurance companies did a 1 time annual payment. Pay it all upfront, good for the year :)

There are insurance companies that won't allow paying the whole premium up front?
This makes no sense to me.

I am currently insured under TD. I have 6 pay periods in a calendar year, each payment being "double" the amount if you were to break it down monthly. I pay $212 a month April-Sept and nothing from Oct-Mar ($1272 annually). It is good, but sucks at the same time. I don't like paying double payments for 6 months, but it is nice that in off season I am not paying for insurance when the bike is in winter storage.
I love it, cause i keep putting those funds in savings during the "off months" and that allows me to have a cushion for upgrades/replacement of gear or surprise maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom