Motorcyclist struck pedestrian, fled scene, Wed Aug 29th, Islington Ave | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcyclist struck pedestrian, fled scene, Wed Aug 29th, Islington Ave

FLSTC

NR.41966.1535634896.jpg

http://torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/41966

On Wednesday, August 29, 2018, at 5:25 p.m., police responded to a call for a personal injury collision at Islington Avenue at Aylesbury Road.

It is reported that:
- an 81-year-old female pedestrian was walking eastbound, crossing Islington Avenue at Aylesbury Road
- a motorcycle was travelling southbound in the passing lane on Islington Avenue, approaching Aylesbury Road
- the motorcycle struck the pedestrian
- the rider of the motorcycle did not stop and fled the scene

The pedestrian was taken to hospital.

Interesting...one reply in 9 hours. It would be at 3 pages by now if the title was 'Pedestrian hits motorcyclist, runs away'

Oh, I forgot.....riders are NEVER at fault.

Didnt pop up under new posts all day.

Shameful act, hope they get what's coming.

Last edited:
Cowardly act truly. Hope they get caught and taken off the street ASAP.

Quite possibly riding dirty

In a cage or on two wheel makes no difference. Only a "A hole" would leave someone possibly for dead at the side of the road. What a low life.

Am I the only one wondering why an 81 year-old is crossing Islington (4 lanes of traffic) at rush hour at an intersection with no traffic lights or crosswalk (google maps)?

Not defending the rider’s actions btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one wondering why an 81 year-old is crossing Islington (4 lanes of traffic) at rush hour at an intersection with no traffic lights or crosswalk (google maps)?

Not defending the rider’s actions btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A young guy / gal is agile and also could jog to a better crossing spot.The senior probably has arthritis so walking the extra distance hurts and they aren't usually agile. Poor eyesight and judgement adds to the problem. You could put in crosswalks every 100 yards and they would cross in between. No easy solution.

Correct. The rider may not even be at fault. Issue is the rider left the scene.

Back
Top Bottom