Ninja 300 swinging arm dimensions | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ninja 300 swinging arm dimensions

Clem

This may be a bit of a long shot but does anyone know or could measure the distance between the swing arm legs at the rear axle? I believe the 250 is also the same size

Thanks in advance...

It is very hard to measure right at the rear axle because of the brake rotor and sprocket.

Just ahead of the rear sprocket the swingarm is 8.75" inside.

What are you trying to achieve, other than obviously measuring the inside of the swing arm?
I have a spare in my garage and can measure it tomorrow.

And you are correct. The 250 and 300 are the same part (mostly). They have different part numbers because of the different tabs for cable routing and fender mounts.

Thanks. Very helpful.

I was in the US this week and for some reason GTAM gets blocked by a lot of ISP's because of a "security risk". It was even blocked in the Air Canada Lounge. I couldn't reply

I have a RZ350 frame with a FZ600 swingarm that's been lying in the garage for a few years. I'm going to dust it off as a winter project. I wanted to do a Suzuki VJ22 suspension swap but by the time you ad everything up the total comes to around £2000 + shipping from the UK. Its a little rich for my blood so I started to look for something else

The ninja forks will swap in with just a spacer and a bearing conversion.

Based on the 226mm above, I'll have to remove about 3mm from the ninja rear spacers at both sides to fit in the swingarm. of course I'll need to get the sprockets aligned as well.

So why do this? It didn't come with forks and its almost impossible to get a good used set from an RZ, plus the 17 wheels provide a better choice of rubber, a primary reason why they do the VJ22 swap in the UK. I know the Ninja fork is not the best but its better that the RZ and I can add some racetech emulators and springs, and the single brake disk is as good as the twin disks on the RZ.

The trail will end up at about 94mm the RZ was ~97mm from the factory so it should still be quite stable

I've seen a lot of conversions with 120 fronts and 160 rears. They look really big for the bike and I think the 110/140 combo will be a nice compromise.

Thanks Again

Edit: Both axles are the same diameter so no fooling around with bearings or swingarm machining

Last edited:
This would be a very nice upgrade. A smaller set of 17" rims with radials makes a big difference to the RZ. Anything over 90mm trail is still very stable on the RZ

I run a set of 500 Ninja rims on my RZ race bike with Supercorsa SC 110/140 and it works well. I think the 300 rims would be even lighter.

I too don't like larger rims/tires on the RZ as it loses its agility and IMHO it needs the frame braced to support upside down forks with 120, 160/180 tires. I do have some minor bracing on my RZ frame that was done by CMR, but it was done when I ran the original rims and suspension so its a bit of a generic upgrade for racing.

Good luck and please post some pics. I'm interested in the outcome

On a side note, we have a few sets of q3+ scrubs with 60ish laps on them,

110/70/17
150/60/17

$80 per set, send me a message on here, if interested

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom