Need body work done, looking for recos | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need body work done, looking for recos

mjv21

This is my first post so if its supposed to go somewhere else let me know.

So I was sideswiped on the lakeshore friday night and as a result me and my baby are both in need of a lot of repair. Frame sliders kept the damage minimal, but fairings/windscreen/inner body all need repainting/sanding as well as a new footpeg, shifter, clutch lever and grips.

I can probably do ther mechanical parts myself once I can use my hands again, but looking for a body shop to handle the rest. Can anyone make some recommendations?

Bike is a 2013 yamaha fz6r.

If the other driver is at fault, why not let insurance fix everything? I suspect you will find more wounds once you start disassembling the bike (by the time you are at body damage + some parts, normally a bike is a writeoff).

Heal up soon, glad you are not too damaged.

If the other driver is at fault, why not let insurance fix everything? I suspect you will find more wounds once you start disassembling the bike (by the time you are at body damage + some parts, normally a bike is a writeoff).

Heal up soon, glad you are not too damaged.

I'd love to but the other driver didnt stick around. I was lucky a couple + another dude stopped to help me get the bike off the road, but no one got the plate and cameras weren't available. Also, I've only started riding this summer and really don't want a claim on file this early in my riding career.

I'd love to but the other driver didnt stick around. I was lucky a couple + another dude stopped to help me get the bike off the road, but no one got the plate and cameras weren't available. Also, I've only started riding this summer and really don't want a claim on file this early in my riding career.

Ugh. That sucks. In that case, I'd probably avoid most of the bodywork. It will drive up the cost to repair significantly and there is a high chance your bike will get more body damage if you ride downtown often.

First of all, chicks dig scars. Live with it.

I'm kidding, of course.

If you really need it looking pretty then buy new plastics OR learn how to repair. Fibreglass, sand, fill, paint, redo....its a long winter and a great project.

Or pay someone. No one will do it cheaper than you can though.

Thanks for all the quick replies guys. Way to make a dude feel welcome! Anyone have a good reliable link to aftermarket plastics? Unfortunately I'm OCD and the bike was pristine before this and I want it back to that before I get back on :)

did you get the info from the witnesses?
and file a police report?
a hit and run that's provable may not be an at fault loss

really bad deal, and I completely understand the need to fix it 100%
I'm the same, wouldn't want to even look at it in that condition

body shops aren't very good at bikes
and like mentioned
it's usually cheaper to replace the plastics than repair

Back
Top Bottom