Battery recommendation | GTAMotorcycle.com

Battery recommendation

arogal

Hey guys,
Was riding last night and when I was on qew my entire cluster, including rpm tack stopped working, blinkers would light up but not flash, and headlight wasn't working, but bike was still running (came on and off a couple times also) . I stopped off to get food and when I left my bike wouldn't start. Got someone to give me a push and I popped the Clutch and bike started up.
I am assuming this is a battery issue as the stator was still powering the bike while riding.
Now my question is I can order a YUSA AGM battery from fortnine for $85, but it won't be here till Thursday. Is there any local stores like CT or Walmart that sell batteries? And if so, would I be better off just ordering the YUSA AGM and wait till Thursday?
First time I've needed a battery and wasn't sure if the brands sold online or at dealerships are better than CT/Walmart (if they even sell em).
Thanks!

Check for lose connection to the battery. Just went through this with a buddies '09 zx6r. When he turned the key occasionally the dash wouldn't even come on.

Just pull your seat off and double check the tightness at the terminal.

yes, after the TS indicates you do in fact need a battery
I'd get a YUASA, and buy it from SaskBatt
free delivery, best prices..
and unlike a cage
with a bike it's best that a battery fit properly
no to WallyWorld or CTC

https://www.saskbattery.com

Check for lose connection to the battery. Just went through this with a buddies '09 zx6r. When he turned the key occasionally the dash wouldn't even come on.

Just pull your seat off and double check the tightness at the terminal.
Already checked for a loose connection. It's hapenned to me in the past. First thing I checked!
It makes a buzzing noise when I try to start it and then the injectors prime again.

@javafan
Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking maybe it could be a short somewhere or a stator... Pretty sure it's the battery tho. Fortnine has same prices as saskbatt, thanks tho!

Last edited:
@javafan
Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking maybe it could be a short somewhere or a stator... Pretty sure it's the battery tho. Fortnine has same prices as saskbatt, thanks tho!

From what I have read here all you can infer is the battery is low on charge.
The first thing I would want to know is WHY?

Charge the battery, or use a boost and leave the boost connected, and check if the charging system works.

... or let someone that knows what they're doing have a look at it.

From what I have read here all you can infer is the battery is low on charge.
The first thing I would want to know is WHY?

Charge the battery, or use a boost and leave the boost connected, and check if the charging system works.

... or let someone that knows what they're doing have a look at it.
Before I get a battery I am going to put it on the tender, give it a full charge. Let it sit for a couple house and if it hasn't kept the charge I know the battery is toast. It's been in the bike for 5 years.

I'm on the second battery on the '09 Wee now; it's from Walmart. No issues so far.

My first Yuasa lasted 9 seasons and was replaced as a PM item, not because it failed. I'll probably replace the second Yuasa in a year or so, again proactively because it owes me nothing.

Only time my ST failed to start was in the Nexus line at the Whirlpool bridge. Got cleared and upon bike restart got a dim light and not even a click. After pushing it to the side to get it out of the way used booster cables and a friend's FJR to restart and then reconvened at a local Walmart parking lot in NF. Connections tight so assumed it was the battery. Multimeter we had indicated battery was good as was charging. Cables were given a cursory clean mid April but turns out they had corroded or oxidized enough by mid June to cause a problem. So used a fine bit of emery paper we had to give everything a cleaning and it started up and ran as normal for the balance of the trip.

So..... don't assume that just because your connections to the battery are tight that everything is good. Pull the battery, removed screws and the lock nuts, clean everything well using sandpaper or a wire brush + do the same to the cable ends + any accessories wiring you may have added. Reinstall and you may find that this was your issue vs. needing a new battery.

I picked up a chinese battery from KapscoMoto
1/3rd the price of oem.
0 problems with it in the past 2.5yrs.

I'm using a lithium ion from eBay. Thing is tiny and weighs about 2lbs. No problems yet, and no worries in winter.

I havent used gel/lead acid in years. In my new BMW with regular battery i got stranded 3 months out of the one year warranty.

I replaced with one of the only Lifo batteries with over/under charging protection Earth X. I tour on my sport bike so it is worth the money.

If you are on a budget, the chinese regular batteries will work fine in town for years.

It is now in my next bike. rated for at least 4000 cycles...

BB

Back
Top Bottom