Mosport Track Day - Aug 30th | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mosport Track Day - Aug 30th

Todd929

That was a difficult track day to say the least. Lot's of crashes, red flags(at least 4), ambulances and delays. In all groups. The conditions were not the best(cool and cloudy) but still... Some stupid, careless riding and decision making out there. They called a second riders meeting at lunch to give us all sh*t. Red flags being ignored by a few riders, poor decision making, etc. Things improved in the pm but there were still a lot of crashes. Hope all those that did crash are doing well and not too seriously injured.

Riders Choice runs good track days, but I think it would help if they made damn sure everyone in the morning riders meetings are paying attention and understand what a Red flag means and what the proper procedure is when a Red flag goes up. John did cover it all in the morning meeting, but with such a large group and chatting going on during his instructions, I'm not sure it all sunk in.

Mosport has a limited number of motorcycle track days. Hope this doesn't sour them on allowing us out there. Their head Marshall was not a happy camper and let us all know it during the 2nd riders meeting that he called for.

That was a difficult track day to say the least. Lot's of crashes, red flags(at least 4), ambulances and delays. In all groups. The conditions were not the best(cool and cloudy) but still... Some stupid, careless riding and decision making out there. They called a second riders meeting at lunch to give us all sh*t. Red flags being ignored by a few riders, poor decision making, etc. Things improved in the pm but there were still a lot of crashes. Hope all those that did crash are doing well and not too seriously injured.

Riders Choice runs good track days, but I think it would help if they made damn sure everyone in the morning riders meetings are paying attention and understand what a Red flag means and what the proper procedure is when a Red flag goes up. John did cover it all in the morning meeting, but with such a large group and chatting going on during his instructions, I'm not sure it all sunk in.

Mosport has a limited number of motorcycle track days. Hope this doesn't sour them on allowing us out there. Their head Marshall was not a happy camper and let us all know it during the 2nd riders meeting that he called for.
It happens at all levels including racing, many people don't pay attention because they think they are above a riders meting or are excited talking to the buddy.

Having a second meeting was probably a good idea.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Yesterday at the track was sketchy even for experienced riders. CTMP is a difficult and scary track for people new to track days. It doesn't matter how fast your bike is if you have no idea what to do on the track.

It's great that people want to experience the track and have a safe space to use all their bikes power, but to people that have none or little track experience I'd strongly suggest to get comfortable with track riding on easier tracks or better invest on a track school.

I hear lots of riders say, the schools are too expensive or since they have 1L bikes they feel like they need to go to the biggest tracks.
Yesterday I saw many people crashing and destroying their really expensive bikes (of course hope they riders are fine).
Most or of these incidents could have been easily avoided if they have had proper training from a track school.

Remember that not only on the street but on the track as well, if you're careless you're endangering yours and other riders lives.

I agree...it was a bit of a **** show....the ambulance got more track time the most of us...too many bikes and too many people racing each other..the salvage yards should have a good day today. Riders Choice always puts on a good day at mosport....to bad some spoiled it. I wonder if the got the bike un wedged from turn 3. Hope all that went down r ok....

I called it chaos.

And we called it a day at 2 30.

Unfotunate.

Radio was non stop chatter from Marshalls.

Oiled track.
Bikes on fire
Bikes into backs of other riders
Blown red flags
Group riding trying to get all their friends on gopro
Wide sweeps out of T10 to the wall for pictures.

RC and track tried to manage but after 2nd meeting and 1 after lunch session it was still a mess of poor judgement.

The kid and I both agreed it was best to load and go home.

Good to spend some time with friends but not a great track day.

I do hope all participants are fine

But damn....

I called it chaos.

And we called it a day at 2 30.

Unfotunate.

Radio was non stop chatter from Marshalls.

Oiled track.
Bikes on fire
Blown red flags

RC and track tried to manage but after 2nd meeting and 1 after lunch session it was still a mess of poor judgement.

The kid and I both agreed it was best to load and go home.

Good to spend some time with friends but not a great track day.

I do hope all participants are fine

But damn....

Yes at least the company was good ;)

Best sesion was the last one....maybe 12 bikes out....all the yahoos had packed up.

Oiled track.
Bikes on fire
Blown red flags

Holy **** Dave, glad you guys are ok.

Shoot I really wanted to go with my road bike.... sounds like it was for the best the day was sold out before I got around to signing up

That's a shame.

Heard it was disappointing from a bud. Unfortunately this was his only Mosport day this year.

Holy **** Dave, glad you guys are ok.

I even decided to just go out on the 400 for a couple sessions. At the top of T2 I decided not to spook a slower rider by taking them up the inside, rolled off, and decided to take them on the outside of 2 once over the crest.

As I rolled off I had my right hand ripped from the handlebar by another rider who proceeded to almost run into the back of the bike I was waiting for.

I completed the lap and called it a day.

That's insane... did all the TMP regulars suddenly discover Mosport? :(

Went to watch vintage races yesterday aft.

Gate worker recognized me, asked if I had been on track on Thursday. Even HE mentioned what a cluster of a day it was.

yeah was definitely a **** show, but it happens sometimes regardless of track or organiser, the wrong people show up with the wrong attitude and that's the result you get.

... hope everyone is ok as well ... it seems years ago sessions were limited to 30 riders, looked like there were around 40 in ea. group, maybe a bit much !? ... I know the marshalls had their hands full, however I would have liked to have seen more people talked to one on one ... when they tell everyone no passing in corners and you see it happen on each and every lap it seems a bit silly ... wheather I agree or not, those were the rules put forth by the organizer ... then you’d like to see them enforced a bit more ...

... hope everyone is ok as well ... it seems years ago sessions were limited to 30 riders, looked like there were around 40 in ea. group, maybe a bit much !? ... I know the marshalls had their hands full, however I would have liked to have seen more people talked to one on one ... when they tell everyone no passing in corners and you see it happen on each and every lap it seems a bit silly ... wheather I agree or not, those were the rules put forth by the organizer ... then you’d like to see them enforced a bit more ...

From My understanding because there was going to be a lot of CSBK LWT riders at that Track Day, the Organizers told riders that there would be passing in Corners because at a track like Mosport, there is little chances for a little bike to "get away" from a big bike.

From My understanding because there was going to be a lot of CSBK LWT riders at that Track Day, the Organizers told riders that there would be passing in Corners because at a track like Mosport, there is little chances for a little bike to "get away" from a big bike.

not sure where you got that, i attended both riders meetings and that's not what was said.

Back
Top Bottom