cheap gps @ brick/mortar store? | GTAMotorcycle.com

cheap gps @ brick/mortar store?

Last time I bought one like this it was from Tiger Direct. They often have refurbished ones and I happened to get a nice Garmin Nuvi for around $100.

Radioworld steeles & Hwy 400.
I bought a referb garmin from them for the bike. $99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks guys, nice deals. I should of mentioned I was in kw. dumb#%@ . I tried walmart but they didn't have anything for my $100 budget. looking for something basic; w plug in for lighter.
refurb in kw would work.

I very rarely buy electronics..

Last edited:
costco.

EDIT:
Upon further investigation, what the frick. Garmin is trying to stay in business by charging smartphone prices for dedicated GPS's? I just threw out a few, maybe I should have sold them. I figured they would be dirt cheap now.

Last edited:
There was a thread on here years ago about dirt cheap gps's from Cdn Tire and someone had hosted maps etc for download. I cant find the thread now but I got one and it worked out great for me.

But..as usual, I put the gps someplace safe in case I ever needed it again. Its safe alright, I have no idea where it is now.

wallyworld for cheap, but warranted electronics, bricks and mortar

newegg is good for this stuff for online shopping

You would get way better interface and usability, including offline maps, from a cheap phone.

Please list some apps. I am not an app person with my phone but what I have tried for maps and directions (without voice) doesn't look anything like a gps. Everything is too small to see, at least for me, with the apps I have tried.

I turn the sound off on something like the 401 when it tells me to stay in the left lane at every exit.

Please list some apps. I am not an app person with my phone but what I have tried for maps and directions (without voice) doesn't look anything like a gps. Everything is too small to see, at least for me, with the apps I have tried.

I turn the sound off on something like the 401 when it tells me to stay in the left lane at every exit.

If you have a data plan, I use Waze. It seems to be getting worse all the time, but still the best I've found if you need to get somewhere in a hurry. It does a decent job at routing around traffic problems and has most police out hunting marked.

I used to use an offline mapping app and it worked fine but I haven't used it years and it isn't installed on any current equipment.

I used to use navigon and and garmin for android. You can get them here https://forum.mobilism.org/viewforum.php?f=653
Sygic is highly regarded, and decently priced.

There's a bunch of free ones in the store. I forgot which ones I liked for driving. Just try them out, what I liked might not work for you.

Last edited:
Looks like Garmin/Navigon discontinued their app. Sygic worldwide is on sale for $25, which is a great deal.

I got a Garmin off of Kijiji, 100 bucks, included all the cables and stuff, life time maps, got a holder and ball mount and use it on the bike.

PbX6RlF.jpg

Last edited:
CTC seems to be always clearing something , $100 should get lifetime maps. it vairies from store to store

Back
Top Bottom