Helmet Exemption Coming for Sikh Motorcyclists in Ontario | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Helmet Exemption Coming for Sikh Motorcyclists in Ontario

Riding without a helmet is just adding chlorine to the gene pool.

Personally I'm for ditching the helmet law -- let riders decide. Myself, I will be wearing one -- full face and made in Japan -- I don't mind spending $1000 to protect my most valuable asset.

I think riders should decide for themselves, we don't need a nanny telling us what to do/wear. Today you can ride in flipflops, a beanie and a speedo... I don't see much lost if you take away the need to have a beanie. Most studies show medical and rehab costs for helmetless riders are higher, but so are fatality rates. Dead riders are not too expensive to treat, if you do the math the argument of burden on society isn't really a good one as the helmetless dumbasses who die create an overall public savings.

Plenty of lidded dumbasses dying already.

I just want the choice. Riding down in the Keyes without A lid is one of my best trips ever. Didn't really ever get up to speed because of the traffic. No helmet was lovely.

The one time in Laconia I ended up on the turnpike by mistake was terrifying. Not because of the risk but my eyes were watering so much I could barely see. That couple miles before I could exit was horrendous.

I want my choice if someone else does.
Plus god is great allegedly. Will protect us all-no?

Although Christian, I believe in the freedom to worship whatever you want, even if you embrace the belief your distant ancestors crawled out from under a rock, and I also believe you have the right to take wreckless risks with your own life, but as long as it doesn't involve the innocent public (me) or me paying tax dollars for you to be on life support, possibly for years, because you rejected common-sense/legally required preventative safety equipment (helmet).

Although Christian, I believe in the freedom to worship whatever you want, even if you embrace the belief your distant ancestors crawled out from under a rock, and I also believe you have the right to take wreckless risks with your own life, but as long as it doesn't involve the innocent public (me) or me paying tax dollars for you to be on life support, possibly for years, because you rejected common-sense/legally required preventative safety equipment (helmet).

Unless someone lives a totally healthy lifestyle and does everything possible to eliminate all risk from their lives... They can't use "my tax dollars" as an argument.

@theassassin ... one of THE best quotes ever. LOVE IT! Gonna steal that one.

The problem is when simple logic bumps into tradition, as illustrated by this story.....

A young boy asks his father "What is that strange head piece you are
wearing?" The father said: "Why, my son, it is a 'chechia.' In the
desert it protects our heads from the intense heat of the sun."

"And what is this clothing you are wearing?" asked the boy. "This long
flowing robe seems so... Oh, my son!" exclaimed the father. "It is
very simple. This is a 'djbellah.' As I have told you, in the desert
it is not only very hot, but the sand is always blowing. My djbellah
protects the entire body."

The son then asked: "But Father, what about those ugly shoes you have
on your feet?" "These are 'babouches' my son," the father replied. You
must understand that although the desert sands are very beautiful,
they are also extremely hot. These babouches' keep us from burning our
feet."

"So tell me then," added the boy.

"Yes, my son..."

"Why are you living in Brampton and still wearing all this sh*t?”

Only if they didn't produce children before a fatal collision, which is probably only true in poor countries where 2-wheelers are prevalent and the government doesn't give a damn about anyone. Also, the annual percentage of traffic-related deaths relative to global population is about 0.00017%. So it seems pretty unlikely any vehicle-related activity will affect the genetic makeup of humanity.

Ontario to exempt Sikh motorcyclists from helmet law

Ford did what Liberals didn't do

Sikhs who wear turbans will be allowed to ride motorcycles in Ontario without helmets starting Oct. 18.

[h=3][/h] Premier Doug Ford said Wednesday his Progressive Conservatives are changing regulations under the Highway Traffic Act to fulfil an election promise on a helmet exemption, which the previous Liberal government refused to do for safety reasons despite years of lobbying from the Canadian Sikh Association.
“The safety of our roads will always remain a priority,” Ford said in a statement. “But our government also believes that individuals have personal accountability and responsibility with respect to their own well-being.”

Re: Ontario to exempt Sikh motorcyclists from helmet law

“The safety of our roads will always remain a priority,” Ford said in a statement. “But our government also believes that individuals have personal accountability and responsibility with respect to their own well-being.”

Well said... but how does that reasoning only apply to Sikh? Can pastafarians ride with a colander? Everyone should be allowed take responsibility.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Well said... but how does that reasoning only apply to Sikh? Can pastafarians ride with a colander? Everyone should be allowed take responsibility.

Please end this thread now! Let's not start this again....go to the original thread and read it before you post here please!

I'm sorry I triggered you.

Plus god is great allegedly. Will protect us all-no?

Eight dead.
b7f81aae0f16c8d60d9c8babd26a2059.jpg

Please end this thread now! Let's not start this again....go to the original thread and read it before you post here please!

No.

Anyone now can ride without a helmet . All you need to do is self identify as " Sikh" and wear a do rag . No one can tell you how you practice your religion or what parts of it you adhere to .

Anyone now can ride without a helmet . All you need to do is self identify as " Sikh" and wear a do rag . No one can tell you how you practice your religion or what parts of it you adhere to .

I was thinking the same thing.

Honestly though I don't get how people ride without full face helmets. Not just the safety thing, my eyes get so dry and I'm constantly blinking if there is a bunch of moving air around my face. Also getting hit in the face with rocks and bugs suck.

I was thinking the same thing.

Honestly though I don't get how people ride without full face helmets. Not just the safety thing, my eyes get so dry and I'm constantly blinking if there is a bunch of moving air around my face. Also getting hit in the face with rocks and bugs suck.
Goggles, glasses and windshields (mainly cruisers)

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom