are there cruisers with sport touring ergos? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

are there cruisers with sport touring ergos?

Suzuki M50 is the only sub 1l I can think of. A few years ago my riding buddies went cruiser crazy... I didn’t like the idea and had the same question as you have. Since it was an extra bike for me I didn’t want to spend a lot. The M50 was the best I rode. Performance and handling was the best, followed by the Yamaha bolt which was a little to hipster for me.

also, know that cruisers have terrible lean angles... I’d often forget until sparks and grinding reminded me. Worst is making lefts in the city, can’t count the number of times I jumped the rear in a grind.

Last edited:
The thing that really makes a sport touring bike a sport touring bike is aerodynamics, not a lot of vibration, plenty of performance.
1986_K100_RS.jpg

I have no idea what makes a good cruiser.

Suzuki M50 is the only sub 1l I can think of. A few years ago my riding buddies went cruiser crazy... I didn’t like the idea and had the same question as you have. Since it was an extra bike for me I didn’t want to spend a lot. The M50 was the best I rode. Performance and handling was the best, followed by the Yamaha bolt which was a little to hipster for me.

also, know that cruisers have terrible lean angles... I’d often forget until sparks and grinding reminded me. Worst is making lefts in the city, can’t count the number of times I jumped the rear in a grind.

Nice review ty. I have noticed a few used m50's and they seem to be priced very well. but they seem to be emulating harleys larger bikes. If it looked like a sportser I could probably get in to them.

looked at the xsr900 and thats more like it..
looking at all these bikes and prices.
you guys are right - don't even know what I really want. recreation funds are too limited for cool bikes like the norton.

Last edited:
Big difference between a Sportster 883 and a CB1000r style/ride wise. I think it may help you to do a couple demo rides to narrow down what exactly you want in the bike.
I love my bagger (took a while to actually fall in love with it) and it's my choice for any Ontario roads when I head out for the day but I'd still like a Monster 1200 or that new CB1000R beside it in my garage for short errand-type jaunts. My new dirtbike put a stop to this for another year though.
If you want to custom something and just enjoy the scenery on something your heart adores then go a true cruiser route.
If you feel the need to hit some switchbacks and loft the front end (in a appropriate spot) once in a while then go for a naked litre bike or similar.
Ideally, get one of each ;)

Rented a Triumph Bonneville with Givi E22's in Thailand which I adored. No clue how it would work for North American touring, but I had an absolute blast on it pretending to be Ted Simon.

Have a look at the Ducati Diavel.

this is the bike that came to my mind as well

depends on definitions I guess
to me, cruiser basics
are low seat, foot forward, pull back bars

an ST is pretty much the opposite of that

the other way around I'd recommend the Vulcan S650
standard/sporty bike with cruiser ergos

OP, is it the cruiser styling that attracts you?
or is it the V twin torque?

If it looked like a sportser I could probably get in to them.

So, why not a Sportster then? 883 or 1200? Pick your poison.

Or how about this? Nowhere near a cruiser, but I dig!

0.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom