Clarington Cycle Closed??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Clarington Cycle Closed???

giddyup

Driving by today I noticed all the doors open...looked empty other than some guys drywalling/painting.
No answer on phone.
My hope was he was re-modelling but it did nit look promising.
Anyone know if Mike has closed shop?

Another casualty of rent.

From their facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Clarington-Cycle-307972682615000/):

All good things come to an end, and as of August 31, Clarington Cycle will no longer be open. We have been unable to find a suitable location for business, as our lease in our current location has not been renewed. I thank all the people who have used Clarington Cycle for our services over the past 13 years, and I have really enjoyed myself and will miss going to “work”. Stay posted, as I have had many inquiries as to what I am going to end up doing, and want to remain doing what I love to do...I will let everyone know...my email address claringtoncycle@hotmail.com will remain active if you have any parts inquires or need some knowledge or advice.
Thank you, and everyone ride safe
Mike

Not so sure if it was an issue of rent, or just the fact the landlord wanted it for something else, hence the "lease has not been renewed" comment.

Shame, it was 15 minutes from my house and definitely a good knowledgable place to go. Hopefully he finds somewhere else to continue on as he alludes to in his post.

Not so sure if it was an issue of rent, or just the fact the landlord wanted it for something else, hence the "lease has not been renewed" comment.

Shame, it was 15 minutes from my house and definitely a good knowledgable place to go. Hopefully he finds somewhere else to continue on as he alludes to in his post.

The rent comment was geared towards the inability to find another place although many non-renewals are triggered by a rejected rent increase. I have no idea about the actual circumstances surrounding cc.

GTA real estate prices rearing its ugly head again.

Even if the shop doesn't rent, but owns its own property, they're not immune to it. I can't remember which dealership it was (somewhere in the 416), but the land appreciated so much that it was much more profitable to sell it than keep on running a motorcycle shop.

I was suprised to see it closed,the rent is definitely cheaper out here as compared to toronto.

I thought the same thing but I guess with the 407 and increased traffic along Taunton the marketability of that site went up.
Hope Clarington Cycle pops up some where else.

GTA real estate prices rearing its ugly head again.

Absolutely. My own business is facing a similar situation next year. Was forced out of downtown a few years back, now midtown is being swarmed by the same forces--landlords, developers and councilors with dollars and their mind. Closing down is a real possibility and it totally sucks. At least Torontonians are no more than two blocks from overpriced cappuccinos! The stupid thing is that nothing was ever done with our old building. I gather everyone involved got too greedy and now the project is snarled in a bureaucratic limbo.

Last edited:
I went to Clarington Cycle exclusively for 12 years. This really sucks. They provided the best service I have had in my 21 years of riding.

Apparently Mike has joined the team at Blackstock Motorsports. I will be stopping by there sometime soon as I need some fluids for my ST. It'll be a good chance to thank Mike for all he did for me over the years and see if I like Blackstock enough to bring my bike down to get my service there or if I'll try something closer to home.

Back
Top Bottom