Shooting At Madden (Video Game) Tournament Event In Jacksonville FL (08/26) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shooting At Madden (Video Game) Tournament Event In Jacksonville FL (08/26)

roadrash

Horrible news. Someone shot up a video game bar in Jacksonville. 11 shot, 4 reported dead.
One suspect is dead.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/26/us/jacksonville-madden-shooting/index.html

Condolences to those lost and best wishes to those injured.

Game was being broadcast live on twitch. In the video, gunshots can be heard and laser sight is visible on one of the players t-shirts right before the shooting.

warning: video may be disturbing to some (no violence is shown, only audio)

[video=youtube;VzfK-ir1Zt8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzfK-ir1Zt8[/video]

Last edited:
It gets even stupider. The shooter has been identified as a player (David katz) that was eliminated and then started shooting. Another sad day for murica.

Last edited:
It gets even stupider. The shooter has been identified as a player (David katz) that was eliminated and then started shooting. Another sad day for murica.
Yeah I read that on Reddit just now, couldn't believe it. Indeed a sad day.

We live in a very messed up world at times.

Since only two were killed by the shooter it won't qualify as a mass shooting IIRC. I think the threshold is around six dead. Fifty people can get shot but if less than six die it isn't a mass shooting. NRA logic.

Since only two were killed by the shooter it won't qualify as a mass shooting IIRC. I think the threshold is around six dead. Fifty people can get shot but if less than six die it isn't a mass shooting. NRA logic.

Interesting (and dumb). In my logic, a shooting is someone getting shot, whether they die or not doesn't change that. Now I think I would agree that two deaths is not mass-murder (although I am slightly conflicted, maybe because "mass" doesn't matter). I could be convinced that anything over one death is a mass-murder.

EDIT:
Wikipedia definitions (fwiw)
The United States' Congressional Research Service acknowledges that there is not a broadly accepted definition, and defines a "public mass shooting"[2] as one in which four or more people selected indiscriminately, not including the perpetrator, are killed, echoing the FBI definition[3][4] of the term "mass murder". However, according to the Investigative Assistance for Violent Crimes Act of 2012, signed into law in January 2013, a mass killing is defined as a killing with at least three deaths, excluding the perpetrator.[5][6][7][8] Another unofficial definition of a mass shooting is an event involving the shooting (not necessarily resulting in death) of five or more people (sometimes four)[9] with no cooling-off period.[10][9][11]

Also screws up crime statistics.

Homicide rates may be trending down, but a lot of the time it's because medical treatment is advancing and 911 response time is getting faster, resulting in more gunshot survivors than fatalities.

It doesn't mean that gun violence has gone down.

Here's a statement on the shooting from FL's Attorney General Pam Bondi. Her statement is way off-topic, about predators being able to find children playing video games with location services turned ON. How do these people get to such position of power *smh*

[video=youtube;xp-taKXPyBs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp-taKXPyBs[/video]

Also screws up crime statistics.

Homicide rates may be trending down, but a lot of the time it's because medical treatment is advancing and 911 response time is getting faster, resulting in more gunshot survivors than fatalities.

It doesn't mean that gun violence has gone down.

So true . Can`t be reflected in statistics .

Here's a statement on the shooting from FL's Attorney General Pam Bondi. Her statement is way off-topic, about predators being able to find children playing video games with location services turned ON. How do these people get to such position of power *smh*

[video=youtube;xp-taKXPyBs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp-taKXPyBs[/video]

That cross around her neck...

Interesting (and dumb). In my logic, a shooting is someone getting shot, whether they die or not doesn't change that. Now I think I would agree that two deaths is not mass-murder (although I am slightly conflicted, maybe because "mass" doesn't matter). I could be convinced that anything over one death is a mass-murder.

EDIT:
Wikipedia definitions (fwiw)
The United States' Congressional Research Service acknowledges that there is not a broadly accepted definition, and defines a "public mass shooting"[2] as one in which four or more people selected indiscriminately, not including the perpetrator, are killed, echoing the FBI definition[3][4] of the term "mass murder". However, according to the Investigative Assistance for Violent Crimes Act of 2012, signed into law in January 2013, a mass killing is defined as a killing with at least three deaths, excluding the perpetrator.[5][6][7][8] Another unofficial definition of a mass shooting is an event involving the shooting (not necessarily resulting in death) of five or more people (sometimes four)[9] with no cooling-off period.[10][9][11]

Pathetic. We now have to define the difference between mass murderer and serial killer. Let's see, how long was it between events?

Back
Top Bottom