private parts | GTAMotorcycle.com

private parts

ifiddles

so this is a strange question i know...hubby is having issues with private parts going numb while riding...constantly needs to stand up on his pegs and lower back gets sore fast as well as his throttle hand...he has a cramp buster which helps a bit but not sure what to do about the other issues...we've tried extra foam in his seat as well as air cushions (ie: air hawk)...he's actually wanting to get rid of his bike and get a vespa (oh my)...i was thinking maybe bicycle shorts with padding might help but any other suggestions i can pass along...would really hate to see him get rid of the FZ1...TIA

so this is a strange question i know...hubby is having issues with private parts going numb while riding...constantly needs to stand up on his pegs and lower back gets sore fast as well as his throttle hand...he has a cramp buster which helps a bit but not sure what to do about the other issues...we've tried extra foam in his seat as well as air cushions (ie: air hawk)...he's actually wanting to get rid of his bike and get a vespa (oh my)...i was thinking maybe bicycle shorts with padding might help but any other suggestions i can pass along...would really hate to see him get rid of the FZ1...TIA
That's a sign of things getting old (hubby, not the bike). Numbness increases in hands and the nether regions when circulation gets restricted. This can happen when gear or clothing is too restrictive, poor quality or worn out seat, and when riders weight increases or fitness level decreases.

Suggestions:

Loosen up the clothes.
Look for a good quality touring seat (Corbin, Sargeant, Saddlemen etc)
Get a throttle lock -- not those cheepie cramp busters. This is my favorite - https://www.twistedthrottle.ca/go-cruise-throttle-control-device-for-7-8-bars
If fitness is in decline, a vigorous 20 minute walk each day does wonders.

change the seat shape
seamless underwear
stop wearing jeans

it's a pressure point problem

1st gen FZ1?

I got a prostate infection from that bike lol. Maybe it was a tight chain, or just the seat. Thankfully it's never happened again.

Adding padding can amplify the numbness....if it is in the wrong spot. You want to carry the wait on your sit bones (you can feel them under each cheek. Seats that are too soft can put more pressure on the perenium....and cause numbness.

Saddleman has a seat specifically for that but I'd try the Motoskiveez for sport first.

sport_top_ok.jpg

review

https://2ridetheworld.com/gear/moto-skiveez

stop wearing jeans

it's a pressure point problem
When I'm not wearing riding pants, I rise in Costco Calvin Kien stretch denims -- they are tough and comfortable and have a very relaxed fit and look like jeans.

+++ for the 'pressure point' advice above (perineum or other nerves).

A Corbin seat may change the pressure to the gluteus maximus.

Not sure if there are some footpeg adjustment gizmos available - changing the position of your legs may also affect this pressure point.

MadMike

When I'm not wearing riding pants, I rise in Costco Calvin Kien stretch denims -- they are tough and comfortable and have a very relaxed fit and look like jeans.

I do the same but with 511 Tactical jeans
https://www.511tactical.com/taclite-pro-pants.html

Fit is accurate, they are tough enough ( I wear knee armor underneath )

Just an FYI.

Brother was having the same problems. Turns out he is Pre-diabetic. Maybe get the doctor to check his A1C levels. Can’t be too careful and if not at least you can strike that off the list

Just an FYI.

Brother was having the same problems. Turns out he is Pre-diabetic. Maybe get the doctor to check his A1C levels. Can’t be too careful and if not at least you can strike that off the list

thanks Delboy...never would've thought of that...we'll do that for sure...

Are his jeans tight on the waist, and when he's seated on the bike, the crotch?

I've had this happen. Bigger jean size and/or different cut that wasn't so tight on the junk, problem solved.

Could also be, as was suggested, being exacerbated by handlebars that have him too close to the tank. Have him sit on the bike in his riding position and without telling him what you're looking at (so that he doesn't try to compensate knowing what you're looking for) see where the front end is at. ;)

Back
Top Bottom