I will never... | GTAMotorcycle.com

I will never...

Hack

..eat shredded wheat ever again.
Presently on the return trip from Vancouver...
It's been two days of nothing but flat, straight pavement... Flanked on both sides by endless fields of crop.
I thought I'd never say I was looking fwd to being back in Ontario, but tomorrow can't come fast enough Lol

Dude, you're supposed to weave back and forth over the lines pretending you're on the Cabot Trail.

I thought this was going to be about eating shredded wheat and later having a serious case of the Aztec Two Step while on the road and having no where to hide when you...gotta go.

Glad I was mistaken :)

prairies are best viewed from 35,000 ft

I have driven this route several times over the years...
This is the first time on a bike... Heading west didn't seem so bad, I guess the thought of eventually carving lines through the Rockies helped...
Well... 'About 3.5 hours of Manitoba left to do in the morning then the road will get curvy again...
But yeah... next time I'll be skipping the flat lands

well, on the upside
when you get back to Ontario
just get off the bike
won't need to put the kickstand down :)

If you go south of the tcan the ride is much better. I enjoyed the prairies BUT you have to get off the tcan. Everybody just blasts through without taking a little bit of time to really see the land, the small prairie towns and the people. Just dip south at Winnipeg , and take the road less travelled.....

Did Trans Canada the first time I went west. Coming back and every time crossing the continent after, I went via the US.

Ugh.....so horrible. Where do I even start....tiny tank, fuel filler under the seat, zero power, you had to put a lot of thought into passing anybody. Felt heavy pushing it around campsites and whatnot. The only bike out of all of them, and I have had a lot, when lowered, the handling went to *****.

Weird tire size. Nobody seems to have them so small used part pool to draw from, had to buy almost everything new. The seat was really horrible. I tried three different seats, plus the seat height raising kit ( for the front cause you slide into the tank)plus various windshields. I upgraded the suspension in hopes of....something.

Vibey at speed.....when you ever got there. I didn’t even like the looks, I thought it looked a bit cruiserish. So many for sale with very low k. What does that tell you? It’s a budget bike and feels every inch of a budget bike.

Why did I buy it you ask? To make my hubby happy, he loves Honda’s and really liked the NC. We were on the way to put a deposit down on a yellow/black F650gs gs...;).....and he was complaining how much he dislikes wrenching on bmw,parts are expensive, never in stock, dealerships are few and far between....all true I might admit...

but i I love the yellow/black and bmw seems to be the only company that can effortlessly offer a low suspension/low seat bike for us shortys. It’s a bit better now. Anyway, I got to the point where I was done throwing money at that stupid bike, I should have pulled the plug months earlier.

One redeeming feature? The frunk. Brilliant. So handy and easy to use. Once you have it,you are certain you will never be able to live without a frunk. You can, of course, but you kinda have to go through withdrawal.

Everybody!!! Get off the tcan! So much prairie hate. :sad5:

..eat shredded wheat ever again.
Presently on the return trip from Vancouver...
It's been two days of nothing but flat, straight pavement... Flanked on both sides by endless fields of crop.
I thought I'd never say I was looking fwd to being back in Ontario, but tomorrow can't come fast enough Lol

It's all in the point of view.

My stepfather and my mom took a train trip across Canada and back. He had RR connections. He was originally a Manitoba farmer.

When they got back he said part of the trip was boring and I thought he meant the prairies. Wrong.

He liked the prairies because he saw the different crops and how they were growing but the mountains were just rock, rock, rock.

IIRC the Trans Canada from the Peg to Ontario is concrete with the usual thump thump thump thump thump..............

There certainly is a certain beauty to the prairies, it just gets old really fast. I prefer the US side heading west, though it is just as flat I do find there are nicer service stations and places to stop compared to the Canadian side. That may have changed been a long time since I did western Canada by vehicle. I was questioning my trip out to Colorado and Utah last year during 2 days of flat straight highways, thought nothing could be worth this but then I "arrived" and quickly forgot all about it.

Ugh.....so horrible. Where do I even start....tiny tank, fuel filler under the seat, zero power, you had to put a lot of thought into passing anybody. Felt heavy pushing it around campsites and whatnot. The only bike out of all of them, and I have had a lot, when lowered, the handling went to *****.

Weird tire size. Nobody seems to have them so small used part pool to draw from, had to buy almost everything new. The seat was really horrible. I tried three different seats, plus the seat height raising kit ( for the front cause you slide into the tank)plus various windshields. I upgraded the suspension in hopes of....something.

Vibey at speed.....when you ever got there. I didn’t even like the looks, I thought it looked a bit cruiserish. So many for sale with very low k. What does that tell you? It’s a budget bike and feels every inch of a budget bike.

Why did I buy it you ask? To make my hubby happy, he loves Honda’s and really liked the NC. We were on the way to put a deposit down on a yellow/black F650gs gs...;).....and he was complaining how much he dislikes wrenching on bmw,parts are expensive, never in stock, dealerships are few and far between....all true I might admit...

but i I love the yellow/black and bmw seems to be the only company that can effortlessly offer a low suspension/low seat bike for us shortys. It’s a bit better now. Anyway, I got to the point where I was done throwing money at that stupid bike, I should have pulled the plug months earlier.

One redeeming feature? The frunk. Brilliant. So handy and easy to use. Once you have it,you are certain you will never be able to live without a frunk. You can, of course, but you kinda have to go through withdrawal.

Shades of DN-01.

Guys no need to every be bored riding cross the Prairies....if you are chances are you are the Trans Canada....sorry bout your luck.
Qu'Appelle Valley north of Trans Canada in Sask is beautiful....anything south of Trans Canada in eastern Alberta is also beautiful. I've driven that bloody #1 Hwy far too many times and will never again after venturing off of it heading east or west. If you stay on #1 yes the prairies are flat and boring....they aren't if you head south or north.

I thought this was going to be about eating shredded wheat and later having a serious case of the Aztec Two Step while on the road and having no where to hide when you...gotta go.

Glad I was mistaken :)

I thought the same thing, it would be so bad to have while riding...

Back
Top Bottom