Tire randomly loses all air | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire randomly loses all air

certainly need to fix the leak
also have the tire dismounted and inspected

repeatedly running flat is likely to damage the casing
if the tire comes off and is full of powder, it's toast

this happened in a race to me the valve stem was cracked on one side. so on left turns it would leak. total fine in pits no leaking with soap. took some force to bend the stem and voila! leak.

... tire is spinning on the rim. John said he glued it on...
I tried that once with a tube type tire that I was trying to use up, it was mounted on a tubeless rim. (different shape) But that was a trials tire and I was only running 4 pounds of air in it. Sliding on the rim shouldn't really be an issue if you haven't mismatched the tire and rim types and running 20 or better pounds of pressure it really shouldn't slide and even if it does it shouldn't be dropping air pressure all that bad.
btw my contact cement attempt was a failure and I finally just gave the tire to somebody who runs tube rims.
... Brakes can slide a tire on the rim just as fast if not faster then your motor will, be careful out there.

OP just get a new tire, and have it mounted over at RC...should be good to go

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

OP just get a new tire, and have it mounted over at RC...should be good to go ...

yep, good idea and make them give you fair credit for the faulty one because no way should a professionally installed ~300$ one month old tire slide on the rim. Surely that one must have either a manufacturer defect or the steel cord in the bead was busted during installation or the rim has been damaged :/ it simply should not happen.

... does it have the country of manufacture imprinted on the sidewall? Not all tires of the same make and model are created equal, you should always note the place of manufacture of the ones you have good or bad luck with.

I have heard of tires spinning on the rim on high powered bikes. Normally, the consequence is that they go out of balance, not that they lose air.

I had an 08 CBR 1KRR that did this. Even with Dunlop KR449/KR451 slicks which tend to fit more snug than other tires, still spun. A full 180 degree happened a couple times after 1 day. I used to try and stop it by limiting the amount of tire goo/soap, but it always moved a bit. The paint was quite smooth on those rims which was a factor IMO. The 2015 R1 rims don't seem to have that issue with more power going to the rear wheel. I never noticed adverse vibration though.

you need a less grippy tire, more smoke
but seriously, never heard of that

track guys ever heard of this??

I guess 240 is too much powa, tire is spinning on the rim. John said he glued it on. We shall see

Hahahaha, John needs to go back to school. He glued it with what exactly out of curiosity?

Someone probably used too much lube when they were mounting the tire (or improper lubricant) - that would cause it to spin.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom