Where to buy copper bushes / bearings | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to buy copper bushes / bearings

Beakster

Hi,

I'm rebuilding my rear shocks and need a new copper bush that inserts into the rod guide. Anyone know a shop in the GTA that is likely to have a supply of bushes so i can see if they have the size I need?

Thanks

Bronze bushings?

Bearing suppliers and general industrial supply stores should have them.

Oilite is a common brand name. https://oilite.com/ - there's an online lookup on there so that at least you could find a part number.

Thanks for the replies. I was ideally looking for a shop I could walk into with the old part in my hand. And as the suspension is in bits it would need to be close to a TTC stop as I have no other transport. But perhaps that's wishful thinking.

I'll get the micrometer out and measure it and try to order from bearings canada. Cheers

Go to an engine/transmission rebuild shop. They can order one for you. Make sure you bring the original one with you, and order a couple of new ones incase you damage one on the install. Make sure you use a proper bushing installer or you'll damage it.

Go to an engine/transmission rebuild shop. They can order one for you. Make sure you bring the original one with you, and order a couple of new ones incase you damage one on the install. Make sure you use a proper bushing installer or you'll damage it.

Good advice. The part the bush goes into is very small so I could easily take it to a shop. Do you know of one? I'm based near Pape station.

Thanks

Good advice. The part the bush goes into is very small so I could easily take it to a shop. Do you know of one? I'm based near Pape station.

Thanks

I'm not familiar with that area, being up north. I used to go to Ideal Supply Machine Shop when I was rebuilding my engines and transmissions. Not a thing they couldn't get for me on an engine, usually within 2 days. So yeah, around there you must have a few engine rebuild machine shops who will get what you want.

1) They are not made from copper
2) They have to sized PERFECTLY to work.

Unless you can find a perfect fit off the shelf, good luck on that one, look for a friendly machinist to make you one.
Start Auto Electric can make you one... if you can convince them to (They have to make small custom bushes all the time).
I could make it for you, but I am up near Lindsay.

Oilte / Oiles does split bushings.
They are metal backed lined bushings.

If you know your IDxODxWidth - I can prob help you source some.

Pape and Danforth ... :I wonder if Danforth Tech still has a metal turning lathe kicking around?

Back
Top Bottom