The Home Reno Thread | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Home Reno Thread

Lando lighting in Brampton (Clarence east of Kennedy). Pricey but have some stunning stuff in there.

https://landolightingonline.com/
Thanks! We went to check this place out and they have one light we really, really liked and we might end up getting all our exterior lights from there. Their prices seemed pretty in line with what we were expecting and they do have a really big showroom.

Still looking for a good ceiling fan place.

Just move in after a couple of months staying at my parent house. I am so happy that the renovation turns out fine.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 43
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 43
Just move in after a couple of months staying at my parent house. I am so happy that the renovation turns out fine.

Is that before and after? Damned, your before is nicer than most of the places I have lived.

Where do you get your blinds from are what type do you have/like?

We are currently looking at Hunter Douglas and looking for other options. Since one of our front rooms is a treatment room for Massage and Osteopathy, privacy is key. All the front windows on the house need the same blinds to match and we're looking for something that lets light in either diffused or fully clear when open, but doesn't look bulky from the inside or allow people to see in or at any time we don't want them to be able to.

Thanks!

I like the roller blinds with alternating sheer and opaque bars. It somewhat allows you to regulate light and privacy independently. No idea where the best place to get them is.

Current house came with eclipse california shutters. Seem ok but ive definitely seen better. Most people love them, ibwould rather have something that could be fully opened.

I'm with GG here. Always wanted California shutters, got them just after we bought our house. Now I've disliked them for the last ~20 years.
If there is furniture in front, they can't be swung open to access the windows.
They are bulky.
When you do swing them open, they are awkward.
My 3 pane window in the bedroom can never be fully opened because of the design.
And finally, and I'm assuming here, but the ones in the ensuite somehow trap moisture/ condensation between them, and it's a constant battle to keep the mold on the window caulking at bay.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Originally I was thinking California Shutters too, but we just went to a relatives place last night who have them and they seem really bulky for the space. We would also run into the issue of not being able to open them up full because our windows are all recessed almost like bay windows.

Currently leaning towards some sort of roller blinds and the one my wife liked the best so far was the opaque/sheer ones mentioned by GG.

On another note... we both really dislike the vessel sink we bought for our powder room. It's a clear glass, but looks more green than clear, so it doesn't match anything else. Looking for a stone vessel sink of some sort, but they are damn expensive. See them starting for $600 at places like Home Depot and Lowes and we haven't even gone to the small shops yet. We want this to look good because it's going to go on the beautiful piece of wood that crankcall gave us! Any suggestions for stone vessel sinks are appreciated too.

On the home stretch and hope to be moved back in this month.

You can make a stone sink in a day if you are feeling ambitious and have a grinder with a diamond cup. The samurai carpenter has a few videos on youtube showing him making two sinks.

Thanks! We went to check this place out and they have one light we really, really liked and we might end up getting all our exterior lights from there. Their prices seemed pretty in line with what we were expecting and they do have a really big showroom.

Still looking for a good ceiling fan place.

Another plus for Lando.My wife has spent a ton of cash there.Chandaleirs in the master bath.Pffft!

I saw a pretty interesting sink vessel at a buddies condo the other night, it was a ceramic pasta bowl from Winners, he drilled a hole for the drain with a canadian tire diamond hole saw. It was $29.00 .
I'm thinking about having a friend that does ceramics pottery wheel me one, her signature glaze is a black carbon with a sheen that looks like coal.

Back
Top Bottom